Cozee Home TSV 29/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks nice but do you get really hot in bed.

Like you Miss Molly I do quite like the idea of a fleecy duvet set but I worry about being too hot in bed. Has anyone bought this range previously and could you let me know what to expect.

I'm not hot in it in the winter. It is currently still too mild to use it here in the south at the most. Last winter I used it from October to march and wash and dried it the same day as could not bear to have a night in other bedding.
As it will be delivered by courier you could try it as you will only have to pay the outward postage - I think this is correct - if you decide to return it.
In the cold weather I sleep in fleece PJs with a feather 15 tog duvet and the cozee home bedding but I am a cold person.

I don't like the Look of the Tsv, I think the spots are abit dated however I am very tempted by the red snowflake set, just wish they had it in other colours as im not too keen on the bright red :Sad:

the slanket is lovely not keen on the look of this bedding and its called faux mink very unappealing. I sweat a lot so stick to cotton and down.

I agree Boffy I love my slanket too but if I try to sleep in it I would melt. And my husband would hate it too as he overheats. Northern Nights flannel is fine for us when it gets cold.

In the cold weather I sleep in fleece PJs with a feather 15 tog duvet and the cozee home bedding but I am a cold person.
Me too, except I also add a Cozyhome throw on top in very cold weather like last winter.

We used to have NN flannellette sheets which are very cosy except they shrank from Kingsize and now fit my guest double bed, so not wasted. They were pretty warm but the fleece ones are REALLY snuggly and you're warm as soon as you put your foot down between the sheet and duvet cover. They dry quickly and I wouldn't be without them in winter. If you're not sure about the look of them, do what we do - buy a throw (forgot to mention I also sleep under this. But I'm an exceptionally cold person).

I bought the first Cozee Home bedding set and have been hooked ever since! I was using high thread Pima cotton sheets (very soft and silky) and they probably would have lasted me to the end of my days, but they've not been on the bed since the CH arrived.

I have suffered horrible night sweats for at least the last 15 years and cotton would get soaked, hard and cold. A nightmare (literally!) to get back into after a nighttime loo trip! Add to that the huge ridge of wrinkles I'd find under me after a night of tossing and turning, bedtime would be an unpleasant experience.

One night in CH and I knew I'd never go back. OH is a hothouse plant and would dread my putting on the 15 tog, but he doesn't complain of being hot in the CH bedding even with the 15 tog (that's gone back on tonight, sadly - I know winter's here when I put that on!).

All summer I've just had the duvet cover on with no duvet inside (bliss - no stuffing the ****** thing in!), as it got colder I just added a throw or two. It's lovely an d soft and snuggly. Neither of us like getting out of bed any more. Loo trips no longer traumatise me. Instead of getting back into a cold wet bed and freezing myself to a miserable sleep, I now just sort of flick my half back and any sweaty bits (sorry, painting a lovely picture here, aren't I?!) have evaporated by the time I'm back from the loo. Sliding back into warm, dry, cozy bliss has transformed my nights, I can tell you!

Wash days are easy peasy, too. I line dry and even in the middle of winter the bedding dries in an hour. A quick airing and they're back on the bed. I had flannelette bedding many years ago and find these are softer and a lot easier to care for.

Boffy - I sweat dreadfully and have found these to be much easier to sleep in. I currently have a 15 tog Hungarian down duvet but have heard that wool regulates temperature much better than down, which is known for insulating. The insulation with down is so effective it apparently makes us Betties overheat and then sweat. I'm dying to get a wool duvet (have been rec'd Baavet as M&S and Slumberdown - I think that was the make - have a plastic-type liner for some reason) to see if it will help prevent the sweats. Sweats are miserable, but the cold sweats I wake up to are the pits.

Me too, except I also add a Cozyhome throw on top in very cold weather like last winter.

We used to have NN flannellette sheets which are very cosy except they shrank from Kingsize and now fit my guest double bed, so not wasted. They were pretty warm but the fleece ones are REALLY snuggly and you're warm as soon as you put your foot down between the sheet and duvet cover. They dry quickly and I wouldn't be without them in winter. If you're not sure about the look of them, do what we do - buy a throw (forgot to mention I also sleep under this. But I'm an exceptionally cold person).
LOL forgot to mention the throw - which does get thrown on and off. Not needed the cozee on the bed yet but looking forward to it. I may start with the fitted sheet first and then as the weather gets colder put the duvet cover on as well. I now have a slanket and that may accompany me to bed as well. With the cozee I no longer need to wear bedsocks!
In the daytime I wear fingerless gloves as my fingers get so cold.

Last edited:
Alter Ego - That's v interesting what you say about down being too insulating. I not long ago bought a Northern Nights 525 fill power (WHY will QVC not use or at least quote tog ratings like rest of UK?!) which is 90% down. It's light and cosy but although I start off cool I end up getting hotter and hotter until I'm burning up!

My concern with the cozee home duvet sets is less the over-heating issue but more to do with it being 100% polyester. Wouldn't wear anything in that fabric and it's usually so static I'd worry my hair would be a nightmare!

No static issue here, TLL, or overheating. Just warm and cozy.

ILS - me, too! I pulled my stock out and gave them a good wash last week. I started stocking up with the fingerless gloves years ago when they were as rare as hens' teeth. They're a bit more easily found these days, but I object to paying £15 for a pair just because they have a pretty pattern. I also hate buying the sets where one pair is fingerless, the other pair plain. I'm still in the habit of buying any pairs I see, though my most treasured pair is a pair my mum knitted me 25 years ago. I'm requesting they stick them on me when I'm coffin-bound :angel:

My most recent keep-warm buy has been a heated wrap for £19.99 in Lidl's. It's on til Thursday I think. It's my idea of heaven, even though I have to leave it on the sofa when I get up. It's an extra incentive to get back to the sofa quick sharp! I also have a few of their heated throws. I look a right sight in my keep-warm get-up of fingerless gloves, several layers of underclothes, sheepskin boots and a gel heatbag tucked down my t-shirt! Microwave wheatbags are also a fave that come with me to bed (that has been heating for an hour with Lidl's bedwarmer making the CH bedding even more inviting!).

Am currently considering battery-operated heating insoles in the hope of warding off chilblains!

I was planning to watch these shows but unfortunately forgot all about it!

Looking for winter bedding now and just realised I missed this tsv. Those that bought it would you recommend it? There are a lot of reviews online for cozee home but would like to know what folks on here think
Any other recommendations for warm bedding?

TIA

I bought the faux mink/fleece tsv a while ago. It is easier to put on than the NN sets, it is nice and cosy and warm but, when I get out of bed in the morning, I do feel quite hot, sometimes my PJs are a little damp. hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back