Decleor TSV 9/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Two things have puzzled me on this Decleor day.

Why do they all, and it has been ALL, say that the body lotion at 200mls is JUST SHY of the full size of 250mls. That is 20% less.... I call just shy about 240mls! I still think it is a good size but it is not just shy!

Why do they use Tanya for each show all day and all night? Her skin starts to look a bit red to me by the later shows and surely another model is available to use? She can't be the only one whose skin suits Decleor!!

Two things have puzzled me on this Decleor day.

Why do they all, and it has been ALL, say that the body lotion at 200mls is JUST SHY of the full size of 250mls. That is 20% less.... I call just shy about 240mls! I still think it is a good size but it is not just shy!

Why do they use Tanya for each show all day and all night? Her skin starts to look a bit red to me by the later shows and surely another model is available to use? She can't be the only one whose skin suits Decleor!!

Wasn't the model Tracey on last night or did I just make that up lol but yes I agree her skin does begin to look very red and blotchy on the later shows.

I bet they don't say that the Tsv price is just shy of £60 :Wink:

You're absolutely right Minxy, Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau etc. are all the same. They're very careful how they word their statements, usually saying something like "Elemis products are not tested on animals", and the statement is true because the law prevents them testing the finished products. The ingredients are another matter though, and if you ask them if their ingredients are cruelty-free they usually decline to clarify. I emailed Elemis about it and they tried to wriggle away from the truth by replying that "none of their ingredients are tested on animals by or for Elemis". I responded saying that doesn't mean they're not knowingly buying ingredients that are being animal tested by or for another skincare company, and could they please give me a straight answer to the straight question "Do you use ingredients derived from animals or that have been tested on animals?" - they didn't reply. I've emailed all the major skincare companies that use clever words to suggest they're cruelty-free, and they just don't answer when you pin them down.

Neither Decleor nor Elemis are accredited by Cruelty-Free International, which is the internationally acknowledged monitor and the main guide I use.

If you're interested, take a look at http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/
. Same here, I don't buy any brand now till I've checked this site first. Its also meant I've discovered brands I'd otherwise not heard of , like lilylolo, sparitual, natroma and tropic skincare.

Thanks Scout and Spartacus. Just as I thought. I tend to buy a lot of stuff from Superdrug and go to M&S for household cleaning stuff. I do have, and love, Elemis but I am always a bit uneasy using it. I know it may seem silly to a lot of people, but it really does irk me. I do tend to put more faith in companies which publicly state that none of their ingredients have been tested on animals, as I can't always go cruelty free. I like to buy make-up in the high street as much as possible so I can test the colours. I wish more would be up-front about it. I appreciate that not all of them can gain the leaping bunny award, as it probably takes time and a lot of money, but at least back up your claim with some cold, hard evidence. It's a minefield out there, it really is :-( But, thank god for Superdrug and M&S! Oh and looking at those lists it seems Sainsbury's, Co-op and Waitrose own brand stuff is also BUAV approved. Great for household products, but I don't hold out much hope for beauty products! Judith Williams always states she is totally cruelty free, not many of the presenters acknowledge this as I think they are afraid it will open a can of worms for questioning on other brands! Fair play to Jackie though, she did state this was excellent and really important to a lot of people.

Well I've gone for it. It's just what I was hoping for and the price is very good. It has full size core products and they will keep me going for a while. It probably doesn't have broad appeal in 'gifting' terms but when tsv's have lots of bits to give away as pressies the offerings can start to look a bit random.

I don't trust Emma Hardie because over a year ago I asked them if they were certified and the response was that they were currently going through the certification process, yet they're still not certified so I think they were just telling me what I wanted to hear. I don't believe it would take over a year to become certified.

It depends whether they were using the word "certification" correctly I would think. If what they actually meant was that they were in the process of changing their processes, suppliers etc. in order to achieve certification, it could be true. I know it took M&S a good two years to change all their processes and suppliers to ensure their products are cruelty-free. Their old suppliers kicked up a hoo-hah in the press with "M&S Dumps Long-Term Suppliers" type headlines, and only when you read the articles did it explain that it was because the old suppliers refused to stop animal testing. On the other hand, if Emma Hardie were implying that they were cruelty-free and were just going through the formalities of getting certified, then I agree with you. I'm sure that wouldn't take over a year even allowing for having to wait for Cruelty-Free International to come and audit their production line. Either way, until they actually have the certification in their beautifully-groomed hands I'm not buying Emma Hardie.

Judith Williams always states she is totally cruelty free, not many of the presenters acknowledge this as I think they are afraid it will open a can of worms for questioning on other brands! Fair play to Jackie though, she did state this was excellent and really important to a lot of people.

I saw Judith Williams say "and no animal testing!" on one show, so I emailed to ask for more details. Asked the usual questions about animal-derived ingredients, animal testing of ingredients, Fixed Cut Off Date etc. Didn't get a reply so emailed again. Still waiting for a response. I would love her to be certified by CFI because I'd love to try her products, but if she won't reply to my questions I can only draw one conclusion.

I hate to sound mean but it does annoy me when Julia raves about the Hydrontenseur eye serum , saying she cant live without it and that she cant stop using, sorry Julia but mayb you should stop using it coz its not helping you eyes :Surprise:

Why do they use Tanya for each show all day and all night? Her skin starts to look a bit red to me by the later shows

I am not surprised Tanya's skin is red, Fiona is so rough, with her, especially around the eyes, she really pulls and tugs at her skin, I am surprised Tanya doesn't say anything. Fiona was awful again today with her usual "this is what we're famous for" and "renowned in the industry" as well as cackling every 5 minutes. She is starting to get as bad as Keeley. And everytime that eye serum comes on she swears people will get addicted to it. You always know exactly what she's going to say.

I hate to sound mean but it does annoy me when Julia raves about the Hydrontenseur eye serum , saying she cant live without it and that she cant stop using, sorry Julia but mayb you should stop using it coz its not helping you eyes :Surprise:

I tried it and it had no wow factor for me whatsoever. Fiona is always going on about how people are supposed to take a break but get addicted. She says it every time she talks about it.

Thanks Scout and Spartacus. Just as I thought. I tend to buy a lot of stuff from Superdrug and go to M&S for household cleaning stuff. I do have, and love, Elemis but I am always a bit uneasy using it. I know it may seem silly to a lot of people, but it really does irk me. I do tend to put more faith in companies which publicly state that none of their ingredients have been tested on animals, as I can't always go cruelty free. I like to buy make-up in the high street as much as possible so I can test the colours. I wish more would be up-front about it. I appreciate that not all of them can gain the leaping bunny award, as it probably takes time and a lot of money, but at least back up your claim with some cold, hard evidence. It's a minefield out there, it really is :-( But, thank god for Superdrug and M&S! Oh and looking at those lists it seems Sainsbury's, Co-op and Waitrose own brand stuff is also BUAV approved. Great for household products, but I don't hold out much hope for beauty products! Judith Williams always states she is totally cruelty free, not many of the presenters acknowledge this as I think they are afraid it will open a can of worms for questioning on other brands! Fair play to Jackie though, she did state this was excellent and really important to a lot of people.

I buy coop own brand cleaning products, but prefer Method - they smell like beauty products rather than cleaning products! Tesco and sainsburys stock a limited range of Method, but I tend to buy from BigGreenSmile website as they do regular offers and very quick delivery. Been buying lots of M&s own brand beauty products though - especially autograph nail polish in mink, autograph twist up lip shine and long wear lipstick, autograph primer, pure radiance exfoliator, formula serum.

It depends whether they were using the word "certification" correctly I would think. If what they actually meant was that they were in the process of changing their processes, suppliers etc. in order to achieve certification, it could be true. I know it took M&S a good two years to change all their processes and suppliers to ensure their products are cruelty-free. Their old suppliers kicked up a hoo-hah in the press with "M&S Dumps Long-Term Suppliers" type headlines, and only when you read the articles did it explain that it was because the old suppliers refused to stop animal testing. On the other hand, if Emma Hardie were implying that they were cruelty-free and were just going through the formalities of getting certified, then I agree with you. I'm sure that wouldn't take over a year even allowing for having to wait for Cruelty-Free International to come and audit their production line. Either way, until they actually have the certification in their beautifully-groomed hands I'm not buying Emma Hardie.

I'll keep checking the website regularly then, maybe it will show up on the approved list eventually!

I buy Method from John Lewis, very nice to use and doesn't smell overpowering.
Only watched one Decleor show yesterday, as don't like Hydra floral.

Latest posts

Back