Activating BT ID - anyone had problems?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
I changed to BT Premium mail recently when BT threatened to close mail accounts for people who don't have BT Broadband. Since then I keep getting emails that I need to activate my BT ID. The link takes you to a page where you put in your BT account number but the Continue button doesn't work. The first time this happened I thought it was maybe because I already had a registered ID and password so thought it would sort itself out but when I got the 3rd email reminding me I had to do this I phoned them up. The person in their Customer Services, based abroad, clearly didn't know what I was talking about. She asked someone else and then told me that they had been getting complaints about this and just to ignore the email. I am really concerned about it as I had transferred to premium mail as a temporary measure as I don't want to lose my email address or all my emails but as things stand at the moment I have no confirmation I have been moved to Premium mail and no charge has gone through the bank yet which I reckon it should have. I tried emailing them but there is nowhere to type a message on their email form and the submit button does not work. I am hoping someone on here has found a way round this problem or that someone has a BT telephone number that connects to somewhere in the UK.

Solved at last. Try googling "Convert email to BT Premium mail" and then click on the result with "now have issues". If you don't have your Premium Mail account number click on the link to get it sent to you or, like the person with the problem, get it from your bank account if BT have started taking the Direct Debit. It seems to take a long time to get the Direct Debit up and running but it eventually came through on my account.
I had started to get letter reminders about it as well as emails but until last night every site I went into had people saying they had this problem but no-one seemed to provide an answer. I hope this helps someone else.

Latest posts

Back