Disapointed...... :o(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On reading appleby's first post I examined my marcasite bracelet (the same one as appleby's) and there is actually a stone missing - it was bought as a present and is still in its box, unworn. I e-mailed Help about this and said I'd looked closely at the bracelet through a magnifying glass (my eyesight isn't good at close quarters) as a result of reading a post on here, and asked about marcasite settings generally. This was well over a week ago and I got no reply.

So I e-mailed Seve directly with this issue, also that of refund of return p&p if an item is faulty upon receipt (there's no indication of Rocks' policy on this -if an item is faulty we shouldn't have to pay return p&p, as well as queuing in a post office if you can get there in opening hours) I also think we shouldn't need to examine items under magnification, especially as a result of chance reading of a post on another forum! I said it would be useful to see the settings in the item description - it's there on scheduled items, but isn't on the auction page, and doesn't appear at all on extra items.

Steve e-mailed back and said he'd ring me - someone did, but I couldn't get to the phone in time - I rang back and spoke to someone called Barry (not the auctioneer) - he said Steve was busy...He did however, say that Rocks would refund return p&p if items were faulty on receipt, which is fair enough. Barry told me to forward my e-mail to Tony in CS, who would deal with the other issues, which I did. That was 2 days ago, and I still haven't had a reply...

I know its clearly stated that return P&P for faulty items will be refunded, however i find that it is often not done automatically and even if you "chase it up" it dosent allways happen either. I received a relatively high price item with a "flawed stone", phoned CS and advised it was being returned for that reason to be replaced and i received the said same piece as my replacement.. i wasnt happy as it cost me the best part of £15 in return P&P's for items that were faulty!:12:..When i did actually recieve my refund,, it was refunded to the wrong card also!

Last edited:
All faulty returns will have the return postage paid back. It is possible that these can be overlooked at times, however as always you are all welcome to email me at [email protected] if there are any issues and I will always sort any problems you may have.

Hi again everyone,

Just to update you............

Have just taken recipt of my replacement of this lovely marcasite bracelet. :D I'm soooo happy. This time i won't wear it as much....well i'll try not to lol. Rocks refunded my postage on the weekend (and i didn't even have to ask for it) and i received the replacement bracelet today. (Number 24 of 50)

I will definitly be checking out the settings from now on though, from any more pieces that i purchase. Claw settings seem to sound the best though, especially for items that i'd like to wear LOTSSSSS hehe

By the way, i'm sorry to hear of your similar problem Jacky :31: The marcasites are so small and as there are many of them, its not obvious to see if any are missing, unless of course you actively look. It was my hubby that initially noticed the missing gems. I was also tempted to bid on a similiar matching necklace, but worry now about the same problem. I'm still un-decided as i just love marcasite, the main reason for asking for a replacement as opposed to a refund lol. Anyway, don't worry, just send it back via trackable means and Rocks will refund you back the postage.

I'm also glad that this thread is helping a few of you out. Threads like these are helpful and we all learn from them - i've learn't quite a bit....see previous posts....i know its not the greatest subject but everyone including Rocks gets an input, both the good and the bad about their pieces - which ultimately gives them food for thought with any new designs they bring out!!!! :1:

Can i just add that the CS, those direct to either Tony, Steve etc, has been EXCELLENT. (Not so good when speaking to their operatives though, as i've had to call them a number of times and always end up having to email one of the above said persons just to get some action lol) So as Tony has already said, just email him direct and he'll sort you out bless him :1:)

At the end of the day this is a new venture for Rocks, so there's bound to be teething problems lol and they do seem to be doing their very best to eradicate them - i'm sounding like a bug zapper now :11:

xxxx

Thanks John - Tony has replied today! Sorry, I probably assumed that as Rocks is on every day, that everyone was also there at weekends! :12:

Tony said the item in question, PH 390, which I'm pretty sure is the same as Appleby's bracelet, is in fact pave set...

Tony also said the settings are mentioned in the description underneath the auction pictures - but they're not! They appear in the descriptions for pre-auction items, but not when the item comes on live, nor does the setting appear for "extra" items. I checked and double-checked this, and it really isn't there on the auction page! :confused: :1::1:

Latest posts

Back