What Was She Thinking .....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well anyone would be comfortable in a Kaftan type garment but it was not stylish at all.
Lynn :michaelmyers:

It'll take more than a pot of yogurt to sort her out. Anyway Candida Albicans may be nothing to do with it. She may have a thyroid condition that causes her body retain fluid. Also she is around 50 years of age therefore will not have the same youthful shape of years past. For all I dislike her screeching voice and manner, I can't help admiring her for not going down the Lulu route. She has carved out a career in an industry that is riddled with ageism and prejudice, and is now perhaps better placed to serve QVC's typical demographic. I can't imagine some 16 year old fresh out of beauty college would be so credible.
How do we know that she hasn't had any injections? My friend recons that AY may have, especially in between her brows. I've not heard AY mentioning it either way whether she did or didn't do it, just being economical with the truth.

How do we know that she hasn't had any injections? My friend recons that AY may have, especially in between her brows. I've not heard AY mentioning it either way whether she did or didn't do it, just being economical with the truth.

If she has she needs to sort out the eye bags next :Wink:

The red sack was as bad at the purple suite she loves to wear. She seemed to make a huge effort it what she wearing and her hair when she was in the states so it can be done when she wants.
That purple suit is dreadful and the red dress is just like a sack. She looks much better when she's casually dressed, for example in the video with those sandwich pinching hounds.

That purple suit is dreadful and the red dress is just like a sack. She looks much better when she's casually dressed, for example in the video with those sandwich pinching hounds.

Yeah I agree , I think a nice tailored pair of trousers and shirt/blouse would make her look much better and more professional.

She may have has some cosmetic treatments. Not face lift though. Even I have had laser treatment on my skin! It made a huge difference and I'm so glad I did it!

Her problem is she wears way too much make up and it ages her. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be to get off every night, even with her clarisonic.

I agree with all the comments re her dress sense and makeup. She also has a habit on occasion of wearing shiny tights which make her legs look like 2 basted sausages. She wears the makeup of a much, much younger woman and it's not nice. Instead of embracing her age and toning down The Slap and smartening up her look, she attempts to look younger in the 2 ways that make her look worse - clothes and makeup.

Sadly, beauty is a young woman's game: you only need to walk through the Cosmetics Dept of most Stores to know that and the older salespeople tend to make the same mistake as Alison - over made up with application techniques a 35 year old would wonder they could get away with.

I realised when I hit 40 that I could no longer get away with 'tousled' hair, uber casual clothes (out go the tracksuit bottoms, generous tees and anything velour) and stay away from makeup trends! I'm a Bobbi Brown fan of makeup - less is more !

I actually really like Alison's make-up, I find it quite refreshing that she's trying to keep up with trends and actually use colour rather than retreating into barely noticeable beiges and little else.

Sadly, beauty is a young woman's game: you only need to walk through the Cosmetics Dept of most Stores to know that and the older salespeople tend to make the same mistake as Alison - over made up with application techniques a 35 year old would wonder they could get away with.

Goodness... what a statement!

What is it with people lately... why have we become so ageist - particularly some on this forum.

AY looks a mess on the Rodial hour, dress, hair, make up, jewellery, the lot

She has the same red sack on but its made worse by wearing that awful Ken paves top piece. Ive never bought anything from Ken and after seeing AY I never will .

Now I'm not her greatest fan - far from it - apart from the fact she makes my ears bleed - but come on...seriously??? shes not that bad in age and dress sense???

As its been said I'd rather see her than someone who always insists they are a size that they are not and at least shes covered up.Armpits and wrinkly arms no I do not want to see.Even Jilly halliday who is by far my favourite presenter cant be swayed away from her black trousers.

I dont think her dresses and her dress sense is that bad - the biggest faux pas I've seen is funny shoe and tight combinations??

As for her skin and makeup - I dont know how old she is - but she doesnt look over 40 to me - and I'm sure she is.her skin is amazing.ok I've said it before and I'll say it again - I really like her eyeliner - I think she'd look shocking without it - she may be one of life's eyeliner lovers - along with my myself and claudia winkleman....

Her hair is really ageing her tonight, making very pronounced her eye bags, now with wrinkles around the eyes, the turkey neck and the drooping jowls that I haven't noticed before.

Sorry rainbowdottie, the heavy thick black eyeliner makes her eyes looks small and her eye bags look a lot worse. If it was a softer shade say a warm brown or even navy it would not be so bad. When other makeup artists come one and do her makeup she looks so much better. But she reverts straight back to the heavy black eyeliner and shiny shiny shimmerbrick, the moment they are gone.

AY is 47-48 and yes she does look well into her 40s. She has always said she had very bad acne in her teens(well she did in the early days), so her great skin must be down to good make up. That is why she refuses to appear on air with no makeup. Oh and also hates the camera too close to her face.

There are so many women out there who dress to suit their body shape and use makeup to accent their best features. Just because something is in trend, does not mean we all can wear it, not matter how much we want to. When you get to AY's age
99% of women realize that.

AY is the beauty expert on a shopping channel and should be an example to the women who watch and buy the products from her. If she had stuck to the simple whites she used to wear and kept the makeup simple it would work. How many of us have looked at her and thought, "WOW!!!! I really want to wear that thick black eyeliner love how it makes my eye bags look so much worse!!!!!"

Alison Young used to wear very simple, understated makeup and looked young and very natural in it. She was on a Mally show and was made up to look much younger, but Mally did use a lot of heavy eye make-up, but well applied. I think AY may have tried to modify Mally's look but it just isn't working for her and she should go back to her old look, which was something on the lines of Caroline from Liz Earle. Someone should tell the others that less is more, too.

I think I must be AY's No.1 fan having seen her in person a few weeks ago.She is really quite petite and looks younger than she does on TV.

Latest posts

Back