Food items on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
As todays TSV is a Green Seasons meat hamper I wondered if anyone has actually bought any food items from QVC. Personally I think the meat they show looks cheap and nasty. I wouldn't dream of buying any of it and would much rather support my local butcher who I know sells real quality products.

The problem with meat is I want to see it as I buy it. There is a local supermarket where you make an order, go and shop, then return to collect the nicely wrapped meat... NO! i want to say 'that chop' or if the chicken are looking scraggy then go elsewhere etc.
So while I always toy with the idea of buying this set for my in-laws as I think the idea is excellent, i never do.

I remember when they used to do Buccleuch Premium Foods and the meat was blast chilled to some ridiculously low temperature and could be left on your doorstep in th styrofoam packaging for 24 hour. Lol. IF it were outside my door I doubt it would be there for 2 minutes!

It is completely beyond me why anyone would buy food this way, especially the meat packages, which are completely overpriced for what appears to be very mediocre cuts of meat. I understand that some people can't easily get to the shops but you could order everything in the TSV from Tesco and choose your own delivery slot, and for about half the price of the TSV.

BTW, if anyone wants me to rustles them up 4 x 200g Apple Pies for £24 + £5.95 p&p, just give me a shout, I'll be happy to oblige (and I'll even use my signature sweet vanilla butter shortcrust - which is to die for)!

I would never buy meat or any other food from QVC as it is massively overpriced in my opinion. I can buy really good quality meat etc. locally and even the meat from the large supermarkets is pretty good quality. I can't believe anyone would even consider buying food from a shopping channel as there are plenty of alternative ways of buying fresh food.

They must be having a laugh when they`re charging £82 for an 11lb turkey which will still be nothing but a frozen turkey whichever way they try to dress it up by saying its been " cryo " frozen. It`s daylight robbery !

I don't know why they do it every year tbh , Late December/ early January will come and the website / Qvc Fb page will be full of complaints again and Green Seasons will disappear to be replaced by another "brand". I think fair play to any customer that orders the meat , eats it all (if it turns up) and sends it back for a refund, and they say there's no such thing as a free meal .......:Wink::vampire:

I agree. If you can't get to the shops,get a Supermarket to deliver. If you buy now and freeze, you'd be quids in!

I've had the Gower Cottage Brownies they were selling the other week and they were absolutely delicious. Ok so at about £1.40 each they aren't cheap but they were lovely. As for the meat they sell on QVC I wouldn't pay those prices when you can get excellent meat from a local butcher.

Last year I bought a frozen full turkey crown from Aldi and it was lovely. No waste at all and big enough for 3 of us and with some left over for boxing day. It cost £9.95 so with the other £72 left over from not buying one of Q`s frozen £82 turkeys ( half of which is carcass and bone ) I can splash on other things. They have them again this year so I`m off to buy another and they`re still £9.95.

I like the look of The Pie Company. So much for QVC buying power though as they are so much cheaper on their own website so will be ordering direct. I've had the Christmas meat package for the last 2 yrs and it was lovely. I was being lazy but it was so easy just to order and know it would turn up. Already ordered veg from Abel & Cole for Christmas just have turkey to order, maybe local this year ��

I cannot believe the price of £82 for a 5kg turkey. I did a quick compare on M&S and, as everyone here says, it is over-priced. I also noticed M&S say a 5kg is for 10 people and not the 14 mentioned by QVC!

Currently watching the at home with Jackie Kabler show..... What is at home about this? A crappy table set out in the studio??? This poor woman does not seem comfortable at all to me in the "jolly" Christmas shows.

this xmas meat package does seem better value than previous years but i pop into my local waitrose and pick up gold turkeys an hour before closing for silly money. one year i got a £70 turkey for around £13 and some pence. it was so big no-one else wanted it. i like good meat makes such a differenence

Gets on my nerves the presenters scoffing food and talking with there mouths full, anyone would think they were starving. I know they have to try each item but its not like we are going to get a honest answer of how it tastes. :michaelmyers:

It is completely beyond me why anyone would buy food this way, especially the meat packages, which are completely overpriced for what appears to be very mediocre cuts of meat. I understand that some people can't easily get to the shops but you could order everything in the TSV from Tesco and choose your own delivery slot, and for about half the price of the TSV.

BTW, if anyone wants me to rustles them up 4 x 200g Apple Pies for £24 + £5.95 p&p, just give me a shout, I'll be happy to oblige (and I'll even use my signature sweet vanilla butter shortcrust - which is to die for)!

Sounds nice! Bit out of my price range though!

I cannot stand that either, but even worse is when we have to put up with the almost orgasmic moans when they try the chocolates etc.. They sometimes do that with perfumes or bath stuff and it makes me sick!!!

I cannot stand that either, but even worse is when we have to put up with the almost orgasmic moans when they try the chocolates etc.. They sometimes do that with perfumes or bath stuff and it makes me sick!!!

The Philosophy shows are the worse for that , they will have 2 or 3 models with a bowl of water and a shower scrunchie moaning and whaling lol :michaelmyers:

Get yerselves a nice Bernard Manning turkey joint for £3 quid - bootiful! lol Actually no don't, they are probably infiltrated with H5N1 and antibiotics. Yuck :(

I think I was scarred for life by the way they used to carry on in the REN shows. It was too embarrassing to watch!!!

Latest posts

Back