Hermes collection shops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
(THIS MAY HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE, SO APOLOGIES)

The Hermes Delivery Service now have drop-off points at shops for returning goods. This service costs NOTHING to us the customer.

(you know whats coming..............)

Much of QVC is delivered by Hermes, so why are we unable to return goods to QVC via these collection points ? Surely statistically it would be advantageous for QVC to offer this service to generate more tele sales.

Most of the catalogue and other Shopping by Mail companies now provide a Click & Collect drop-off point, - even in small towns and villages its usually the local newsagents who are involved with this, so everyone's a winner.

Ideal World have been using Collect + for quite a while now, you can hedge you bets when ordering online and add a return label for £1.50 (I think) which means that you can return for that cost however heavy or large the items (oh yes you can return more than one item per parcel as long as you include the relevant invoice). Best of all I can drop off the parcel at my local Spar til 10pm at night. I've started using them for ebay as well because on the whole they're cheaper than RoyalMail for larger parcels, I just posted a coat for £4.74 with collect+ which would have been nearly £7 by royalmail.

I wonder what would happen if you try to drop off a QVC return at a Hermes shop?

I have used my local Spar to return with Collect Plus. I have a parcel to return to QVC and tried to print a label to return it using Collect Plus but it's not on their list of retailers and on typing the address as shown on the QVC label, CP will not accept as it is a P.O. box. No alternative but to pay more at the Post Office.
I returned some boots to Amazon recently free through Collect Plus. Good service * gives the local Spar some revenue.

I have this morning swapped with my Hermes courier- he was dropping off a Crafting item from C& C and i returned FOR FREE!!! a pair of jeans to ASOS. Fab service.

A couple of weeks ago I returned something to QVC using Hermes. The courier collected it from my home. It was about £1.50 cheaper than Royal Mail, as it was a 'thicker' item and RM hammer you for that.
It did take longer to credit back to my account than usual (was worried for a couple of days). I think QVC may just sometimes scan the return label? In this case I had printed a completely new label so they would have to have opened it and fished out the return slip.

I have this morning swapped with my Hermes courier- he was dropping off a Crafting item from C& C and i returned FOR FREE!!! a pair of jeans to ASOS. Fab service.
My Hermes courier used to do it as well but then he said that unless he has instructions from QVC on his machine he cannot accept an unauthorised return.

Collect plus is great! My nearest is my local Esso Garage which is about a mile away from me. I can return my River Island, Amazon, HoF even Seasalt etc there up until they close at 8pm. The money is refunded pretty quickly too, esp Amazon. Sometimes I print my label off in the morning, drop it off, and by evening I've had an email from Amazon refunding my item!

I'm not so pleased with Collect plus as my PO is 10 mins walk away from my house and the Gulf garage that is doing the collect plus is a 20 min walk away. I don't like getting into the car for short journeys. Suppose it will make me fitter.

A couple of weeks ago I returned something to QVC using Hermes. The courier collected it from my home. It was about £1.50 cheaper than Royal Mail, as it was a 'thicker' item and RM hammer you for that.
It did take longer to credit back to my account than usual (was worried for a couple of days). I think QVC may just sometimes scan the return label? In this case I had printed a completely new label so they would have to have opened it and fished out the return slip.

ooh, how did you manage that? when I have tried to return items to QVC with hermes, self funding,the my hermes site wouldn't recognise the QVC po box number to print a returns label. It would be handy if they are now accepting QVC returns.

It would cost Q nothing to allow returns by Hermes from a collection point, as they would be in the area anyway. they really are way behind the other main online companies regarding price, delivery times and returned items. They are making money, so why should they care!

Latest posts

Back