Ho hum! Buyer Beware!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Bought this Centigrade coat http://www.qvcuk.com/Centigrade-Fau...=138089-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-62-_-138089 in chocolate 3 years ago and love it so much I received the red, a gorg deep rich "red velvet" shade, but I am so disappointed. When I took it off the courier, in one hand, I knew the quality had been reduced. The plush lining is thinner, the back is crushed, my other never crushes, the sizing is bigger on the shoulders and the coat feels "all sleeve" the balance definitely off and all in all I won't get 3 or 4 Winters out of it looking like new. I haven't decided to keep it yet, if I do it will be my work coat, if I send back I want a return slip.

I see that coat on qvc regularly and always think the red is really nice.I've never got round to ordering it and I certainly wont now!!

Nor me. It's pretty senseless for any retailer, let alone one with those initials, to cut corners on quality.

This is so disappointing to hear. I have had two Centigrade coats from years back and I frequently had strangers come up to me to ask me where I got it. They used to be amazed at the price. So ok if you can't do them for the same low price for ever, charge more but don't reduce the quality. Centigrade coats of old were worth more than we paid for them. Crap quality coats aren't worth the postage.

Ive got that coat hung in my wardrobe and I've never worn it, I was always going to send it back, as it just wasn't me but nothing wrong with the quality Ive had it about two years, Ive always really liked Centigrade coats

Ive got that coat hung in my wardrobe and I've never worn it, I was always going to send it back, as it just wasn't me but nothing wrong with the quality Ive had it about two years, Ive always really liked Centigrade coats

Maybe yours is the same quality as my original one. The red is good quality but not compared to my first one.

I bought a mid-calf length faux fur Centigrade coat a couple of years ago for a one time only price of £25! They obviously had a job lot of them because that didn't sell out and they re-advertised it a couple of months later for double that price. It's now disappeared so I assume they eventually sold out. When I got it I knew why it had got the poor reviews - it had just one snap fastener at the waist which kept popping open and flapped open from the waist down, the pocket flaps on the side gaped and the hem was uneven. Luckily a local tailor just setting up in business put in buttons I bought and made buttonholes right down the front and I altered the pocket flaps and cut the hem. For another £30 (including buttons and the cost of making buttonholes in a very thick material) I have a long, unique, stylish and practical coat - well worth it. But it wasn't worth the £25 as it was because I'd never have worn it.

My everyday winter coat is a Centigrade feather and down one bought a couple of years ago as well, but a lot cheaper than they're selling them for now. I love it.

I've had this coat in chocolate for several years, and I bought one for my mother in taupe. They're fantastic coats and always draw admiring comments. I'd been thinking about buying another in red, but perhaps I won't now. I have seven Centigrade coats jackets and love all of them, but haven't bought one for a couple of years so can't vouch for their quality nowadays.

Latest posts

Back