New Presenter Marverine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Ok she is new but I personally am not warming to her at all. She doesn't sound at all sincere and she is no substitute for Julian or Debbie who both came over on screen as being genuine and sincere - they may not have been but at least they seemed as though they were. Sorry but Marverine does not. She seems to be struggling for something to say and then comes out with fantastic, lovely, wow and so on. Reminds me of Jaquie Joseph who never got any better on Ideal World/Create and Craft. Haven't seen her on there for a while so maybe they have listened to their customers' feed back and dispensed with her services.

She also creases her nose quite unattractively as if she does't like something/someone, or as if a mosquito was landing on her face, and her face becomes kind of piggy-like. I feel that I will be skipping her hours and hope that she doesn't do many beauty shows or best not at all.

Wasn't keen at first however I think shes ok tbh , she still reads the p&p price out which i think they all should as not everyone has 20/ 20 vision lol

She is expressive. I don't mind that. I like the wha she gives the sizes clearly and tells you if on ep and reminds what the pp is. Early days but for me is a lot better than some I could mention!

like her presenting except her very perfect french accent when selling a product with a french name. I am very impressed-I speak a little French but my accent is terrible-but for some reason it gets on my nerves during a L'Occitane show.

I don't warm to her either, can't exactly say why, but her diction is not always clear. Don't know what she did before, but she is a bit too brash and showbizzy for my liking, but early days. we can't all like the same presenters.

I saw her for the 1st time yesterday on the foodie shows.

Too much face pulling and eye rolling for my taste.

And at one point she started speaking with a Liverpool accent......

Now I LOVE an accent, but it suddenly started and then suddenly stopped - what was that all about?

Now I LOVE an accent, but it suddenly started and then suddenly stopped - what was that all about?
I don't like all that eye rolling and face pulling either......it reminds me of some of the old Hollywood films when they made actors to that, thinking it was funny.

Yes, I heard an accept 'slip in', sounded like Liverpudlian to start with, but then it sounded almost Brummie ! however, she quickly regained herself.

I can take or leave accents, but I prefer to be sold something or have the news read to me in a flat English tone. There is a lovely N.Irish 24 hour news reader who pronounces HOUSE as HICE as does Eammon Holmes, and if I'm honest that does irritate me. Sorry to go off piste.

like her presenting except her very perfect french accent when selling a product with a french name. I am very impressed-I speak a little French but my accent is terrible-but for some reason it gets on my nerves during a L'Occitane show.

I noticed the perfect accent as well. I speak French and I must say that I downplay the accent if I have to pronounce a French word in the middle of an English chat. It seems a bit pretentious otherwise. But that's probably just me and really why should she not flaunt it if she's got it. I did feel it jarred a little though. Maybe they can get her to do the l'Occitane trailer instead of Sara G. who tries to flaunt it but hasn't quite got it!

I noticed the perfect accent as well. I speak French and I must say that I downplay the accent if I have to pronounce a French word in the middle of an English chat. It seems a bit pretentious otherwise. But that's probably just me and really why should she not flaunt it if she's got it. I did feel it jarred a little though. Maybe they can get her to do the l'Occitane trailer instead of Sara G. who tries to flaunt it but hasn't quite got it!

I find it really jarring to hear a French word pronounced accurately in English conversation too. Not sure why because I also get annoyed when French words are pronounced completely wrongly - eg the annoying Lisa from OPI and her "cor-chur" for "couture". I also hate people on The great British Bake-Off saying "mill foy" for "mille feuille". You can pronounce French words with the right vowels but without going overboard on the accent.

Pretentious, moi??

Her overenthusiastic response to the food and silly mmmmm noises got on my nerves ........... so I put the TV on mute, but then decided to change channels anyway.

I haven't seen any Marverine hours since she was on with that horrid little dwarf-like man that makes a mess on carpets by squirting tomato ketchup and things over them. He kept trying to talk over her and she just ignored him and carried on talking! Personally I'd have picked up the ketchup, squirted it in his face and told him to get lost! Awful little man!

Just realised her perfect french accent and her very french sounding name may be linked....a french-speaking parent perhaps? In which case whilst it is annoying we cant expect her to tone down what may come naturally to her. Sorry Marvarine if that's the reason.

I think she comes across as perfectly clear. Nothing wrong to me in how she pronounces words. Very easy to understand.

J have really tired to give Marverine a chance but I have to switch off whenever she is on. I find her voice really grates on me so I end up reaching for the remote. I don't think its because she is new because I took to Jackie Kabler straight away, I really like her calm and no nonsense presenting style.

Latest posts

Back