New Presenter Marverine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J have really tired to give Marverine a chance but I have to switch off whenever she is on. I find her voice really grates on me so I end up reaching for the remote. I don't think its because she is new because I took to Jackie Kabler straight away, I really like her calm and no nonsense presenting style.

You seem to have got away with that, when I said something similar about the voice I got sent to the naughty step....lol

Last edited:
Just catching up with the rest of you!!! Watching QVC for the first time in months and i really can't warm to Marverine!! Rubbish presenter - i can't imagine who she charmed at interview stage to get the job!!

Just tuned into the Bibi Bijoux hour and I'm exhausted by her already - does she ever draw breath? I love watching the bibi shows and she is ruining it for me with her constant yabber. Sorry but she has been turned off now!

Just tuned into the Bibi Bijoux hour and I'm exhausted by her already - does she ever draw breath? I love watching the bibi shows and she is ruining it for me with her constant yabber. Sorry but she has been turned off now!
I have tried this show just to see how M gets on after reading the thread, and I agree with you! I am about to turn off and watch last night's episode of Scandal because the non stop talking has rather done me in. When the guest is talking she burbles away in the background, just waiting for a chance to leap in. I think she could be OK but she just needs to dial it down a bit.

I like to watch nice relaxed presenters describing the item, not telling me where I could wear it or who I could give it to. I watched a show with Julia Roberts last week, it was the second hour after the B&W launch and after she had done the tsv with simon, he went away and she was left on her own to do various items of jewellery. It was such a pleasure to watch, relaxing, talking slowly and describing the item and how it felt, weight, size -generally giving info that helps the purchase to decide if its for them or not. Really professional imo. I think Marvarine should take a look at how the professionals do it.

I too like a calm presentation. Having made a big error in channel selection, I have just seen something called a diamond avalanche on gems TV. Some mad woman who cannot act is trying to make us believe- ooh we have made a terrible error with the prices, -ooh we have to honour that price, - ooh management will be furious! Oh give it a rest love! At least Q doesn't do that!!

she always seems to be enjoying herself chatting away and she always mentions the postage n packaging prices lol

Latest posts

Back