Remember When ........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Remember when .....

Tsv's were great value for money and staying up till midnight was a must in case it sold out before morning.

Presenters were calm and professional, None of this hard sell of late.

Txts messages scrolled at the bottom of the screen.

OTO's only appeared when the TSV had sold out.

Items on air were unique and hard to find elsewhere.

Tsv's for each brand were every 3 to 4months , not every 4 to 8 weeks.

Event days had a wide variety of brands and items, at great prices

Guests were allowed to speak without being interrupted every 2 seconds.

No ipads in sight.

A set up fee was charged for Autodelivery items instead of p&p

T callers were customers who bought the item on air , Not customers that had been sent a free item to try.

The tv schedule featured a wide range of different shows.

celebrities were few and far between .

Advanced orders were scarce.

Guests had a good product knowledge of the item there selling.

Finally when Qvc was fun , occasionally entertaining and had some great offers.

:Wink::Adore::Hysterical::EasyMoney::Surprise:

In the words of Lawrence Chevalier, for those old enough to remember him,
''Ah yes, I remember it well''.....Sigh

Sorry, my mistake. It should read Maurice Chevalier...I obviously didn't remember it well !

Great post Autumn, now if only one of Q's CEO's minions would read this, we might get somewhere, I can't recall the last time I watched more than a few minutes, it's all so boring now, if it wasn't for some of the good recommendations I have had from this forum for various items they sell ie the slanket, mally make up etc, I don't think I would bother with them at all, still saves me some money I suppose, :Laugh:

Last edited:
I was just remembering some of the long gone jewellery brands that I bought from QVC in the past. Hagit Gorali, Kimberley Selwood, Awaken, Elle jewellery,White Sands (from the Isle of Wight) I don't find much on Q now that tempts me to buy.I think generally they seem to have lost their way. There's lots of expensive costume jewellery but that doesn't appeal to me. At least my credit card benefits from their change of direction.

It has been so long since I actually watched a whole hour on Q I usually just catch the odd 10 mins while channel hopping.
I can't remember the last time I bothered staying up until midnight for the TSV launch, it just isn't worth the loss of sleep these days.

He was very well liked. I personally didn't care for him. Seemed a pretentious, showbiz type. All smile and glitz and glamour yet miserable underneath. I'm sorry he had such a tragic end though. Was very sad.

I remember when we got real value on products because of their HUGE buying power whereas nowadays it pays to shop around because nine times out of ten they can be sourced cheaper elsewhere with the added bonus of either cheaper or free P&P with the guarantee of next day delivery!

Of course the great Molton Brown TSVs always spring to mind plus the varied other beauty, household, exercise equipment, clothing brands, etc. Loved both Imperial Gold and Black Hills Gold with favourable prices. Think QVC are rapidly following in the footsteps of IW in showing the same brands on far too a regular basis to the extent that customers are now getting very bored. Maybe time for some new blood with up-to-date ideas.

I think they are showing the same old brands because no new vendors are coming forward to showcase their products, which does surprise me because there is always a never ending supply of American companies making their name on the U.S. version.
I love the Temp-tation range of cookware, which they showed in abundance years ago, now they're down to a few items once a year, whilst QVC in America has dozens listed on their website, so why is this ??????

Advanced orders was never heard of once upon a time, but now its a regular occurrence, so that stock doesn't sit on warehouse shelving, thus saving money.

I do HATE it though when a T caller is put through and is REMINDED that they are also through to the guest as well. Treating us like children who have no manners is highly insulting, I swear if ever I felt the need to phone in and was told that, I would react violently !!!!!

It has been so long since I actually watched a whole hour on Q I usually just catch the odd 10 mins while channel hopping.
I can't remember the last time I bothered staying up until midnight for the TSV launch, it just isn't worth the loss of sleep these days.

Totally agree, I cant remember the last time I watched a whole hr of Qvc, even my favourite shows like Yankee candle and Beauty shows , I get bored and switch off, Especially if its a presenter I cant stand !!! :pumpkin:

I remember when the expert guests were actual experts rather than just sending in "abby horne" for all things electronic.

Though hard sell has always existed on shopping telly and i feel its silly to suggest it once 'never happened'

I do agree on the whole though. i loved their theme hours where if you missed a certain hour, it literally wouldnt be back for six months as opposed to three hours later.

I remember when we got real value on products because of their HUGE buying power whereas nowadays it pays to shop around because nine times out of ten they can be sourced cheaper elsewhere with the added bonus of either cheaper or free P&P with the guarantee of next day delivery!

Of course the great Molton Brown TSVs always spring to mind plus the varied other beauty, household, exercise equipment, clothing brands, etc. Loved both Imperial Gold and Black Hills Gold with favourable prices. Think QVC are rapidly following in the footsteps of IW in showing the same brands on far too a regular basis to the extent that customers are now getting very bored. Maybe time for some new blood with up-to-date ideas.

it's almost a test of lazyness... they essentially challenge you to hunt for the (likely) cheaper price, or just buy it from them without using so much as a braincell to do so.

Referring to Autumn's list, I wonder if that is why DG and JB decided(?) to move on.

I also miss Molton Brown especially the Christmas TSV's and does anyone else remember Royal Palace rugs?

Latest posts

Back