Remember When ........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone else remember when the 'red' button was worth taking a look at. I remember in the mornings with my first cup of tea I used to go on the red button and have a look at what I may have missed the evening before, and then take a look at the bargain section. I used to find a lot of craft items there along with yankee candles and I have even bought a kipling bag from that section in the past. I have to admit, I never watch QVC now. I don't even pop over to have a quick look. I buy a couple of things fairly regularly from them, but go straight to the item on the web!

I also remember when the operators did not ask you if you also want another, often unrelated, item whenever you call to place an order! NO!!!!!

The hard sell seemed to get worse when Debbie Flynn came back. She is ALWAYS going on about how we should buy more than one. It is particularly annoying when the item is expensive and on three easy pays and she tells you to buy three because it is just the same amount coming out of your account. Well no it isn't the same actually Debbie! I think that this is poor show when so many people are having to watch their spending these days and they try to lure you into this type of purchasing, especially for things like the more expensive beauty kits. She is sooo like a market trader I always call out Roll Up! Roll Up! when she starts on this type of selling.

Remember when .....

Tsv's were great value for money and staying up till midnight was a must in case it sold out before morning.

Presenters were calm and professional, None of this hard sell of late.

Txts messages scrolled at the bottom of the screen.

OTO's only appeared when the TSV had sold out.

Items on air were unique and hard to find elsewhere.

Tsv's for each brand were every 3 to 4months , not every 4 to 8 weeks.

Event days had a wide variety of brands and items, at great prices

Guests were allowed to speak without being interrupted every 2 seconds.

No ipads in sight.

A set up fee was charged for Autodelivery items instead of p&p

T callers were customers who bought the item on air , Not customers that had been sent a free item to try.

The tv schedule featured a wide range of different shows.

celebrities were few and far between .

Advanced orders were scarce.

Guests had a good product knowledge of the item there selling.

Finally when Qvc was fun , occasionally entertaining and had some great offers.

:Wink::Adore::Hysterical::EasyMoney::Surprise:

Brought it all flooding back, Autumn. I don't go to bed till about 3am anyway, but I can remember when I always turned the Q on for the tsv launch. No more. I honestly believe the Q is haemorrhaging customers and cannot see they are doing anything to put a stop to it. This is just my opinion, but customers like to think their patronage is being appreciated and that they, as buyers who are giving the company their business, by spending their hard earned cash, are valued. I think the consensus is, that this is not the case with the Q right now. Having said all that, the main reason I shop with QVC is their excellent customer service/MBG. Also, the products I buy are either better vfm, or not readily available elsewhere. In comparison, IW's CS is dire and, even if the channel sold an identical product to the Q, at half the price, I wouldn't buy it; I would be worried that, shouls a problem arise, I would be up a creek with no paddle.

Last edited:
My last experience of QVC customer service was when I ordered a bracelet as a gift a year or so back. The website didn't work at all. I called the order line and spoke to a really horrible woman called "Shreeen" or something like that. She was really rude! This year I might try The Jewellery Channel instead.

When did it all start to go pear-shaped? There's a definite shift for the worse so has there been a change of management or is QVC USA to blame? Is the beauty channel haemmorhaging money so they have to get it back somehow? What???

Autumn, you're right. The channel used to be an enjoyable watch but no more.

When did it all start to go pear-shaped? There's a definite shift for the worse so has there been a change of management or is QVC USA to blame? Is the beauty channel haemmorhaging money so they have to get it back somehow? What???

Perhaps they aren't making the money they used to do (due to recession? more competition?) and are resorting to more hard sell techniques to try and make up the revenue? It's not likely to be their extra channels; there's minimal extra production costs and it's (relatively) inexpensive to be on the Sky platform.

Latest posts

Back