Presenter's freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't like presenters wimpering for a free dressing gown but all beauty experts will get a full range of the products sold and that is right IMO.

Part of their "remuneration package" - is that a fact ???

I was an expert in property for over 20 odd years, so I would have been chuffed to try out a free house/maisonette/bungalow/flat - sadly it wasn't part of any remuneration package. I was obviously in the wrong job.

I was an expert in property for over 20 odd years, so I would have been chuffed to try out a free house/maisonette/bungalow/flat - sadly it wasn't part of any remuneration package. I was obviously in the wrong job.

I'd guess that it will depend on what terms the presenter has negotiated. In my last job our IT director had it written into his contract that when he travelled abroad the company would pay for his wife to accompany him. He had the nerve to demand it, and the company obviously thought he was worth the extra expense.

I didn't say it was a fact - I offered it as a possible explanation.

Anyway AY is not in the property business though is she? She's in TV sales which is an entirely different matter.

Some car salesmen get to try out different models and have them on loan for extended periods. Some travel agents get to visit resorts so that they can speak from personal experience. Gordon Ramsey promotes Bamix - do you think he had to buy his own blender to try it first to see if he liked it?

So what if AY gets freebies... it's to her advantage but has no impact on the customer.

Some car salesmen get to try out different models and have them on loan for extended periods.

All the sales people at the car dealership where I've bought my last five cars get a brand spanking new car as part of their package, and every time a new model comes out they all get one. Must be priceless in terms of advertising to have them all driving round the area in the latest car.

All the sales people at the car dealership where I've bought my last five cars get a brand spanking new car as part of their package, and every time a new model comes out they all get one. Must be priceless in terms of advertising to have them all driving round the area in the latest car.
That will taxable benefit for them though so not a "total freebie" for want of a better term. I wonder whether the presenters get "fashion" as a freebie, I don't recall any of them claiming to have spilled red wine down their last Quackery Factory top (other brands apply equally) to scrounge a new one!

Debbie flint is asking to keep some of the Ken paves pieces and hes saying ok, I guess it saves a "used" piece being sent out to some poor customer.

Speaking to a friend, her grand daughter just got a job working for Estee Lauder covering for maternity leave.

She is 20 years old and went to her first training day in Dublin. Came home with £1,250 worth of free products. Middle of the next week a package arrived from Estee Lauder to her home with another £2000 worth of product. Full size products including a face cream worth £250.

Speaking to a friend, her grand daughter just got a job working for Estee Lauder covering for maternity leave.

She is 20 years old and went to her first training day in Dublin. Came home with £1,250 worth of free products. Middle of the next week a package arrived from Estee Lauder to her home with another £2000 worth of product. Full size products including a face cream worth £250.

Just shows how much there mark up is then, if they can give there staff that amount of free products :EasyMoney:

I was given skincare to use at home when I worked at M&S when I was a student because staff can't talk about the products if no one has tried it, on a very limited budget it felt like Christmas so I imagine it's true for most beauty firms. My hairdresser gets Clarins til it comes out of her ears and she can't give it as presents as everyone in her circle of friends and family knows she didn't pay for them...I always give her good tips and she's v generous iykwim.

Wow! That is fascinating! And that's not even a full-time job just maternity leave.

From what I've heard that is way more generous than other companies - I thought they just got product allocation with a very small amount to "spend" on products of their choice each month.

I wonder how much of these Lauder packages end up on eBay, with friends and family selling it on, on the SA's behalf!

Now sure if you only get this when you first join the company??? But usually you get allocations as you said and only a number of products each month. This girl is going to start doing wedding makeup so handy for her. If they do sell on ebay and found out they will get sacked.

I noticed a lot of Tom Ford make up(Estee Lauder brand) appearing lately on ebay and thought it was from staff, but no. The grey market it seems, all real no fakes. But sold to the far east and then sent back, so its then sold in warehouse auctions to business owners.

Yeah Donna I kind of thought they wouldn't be so brazen as it sell it themselves - but there is always friends and family who could do so on their behalf.

I guess many are just glad of the opportunity to use the products themselves and it does make sense that they have to at least have tried it themselves in order to better advise customers.

AY is always going on about "Swopsies" whereby SA swop their product allocation with SA from another brand.

Latest posts

Back