Gimmicks by Qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Seems like Qvc keep trying to push overpriced items on us by coming up with different "Gimmicks" to make us believe we are getting the item at a great price, Every day there seems to be shows with Anniversary prices, "special" prices, Introductory prices or One time only's.

The other trick they use is Easy Pays, Yes they are handy on expensive items however actively encouraging the customer to order more because of the Easy pay is wrong IMO.

Christmas surprises will be back very soon, another chance for Q to appear to be generous by taking a few pounds off an item which often doesn't even cover the P&P cost.

The majority of the time the "QVC" price is more expensive than elsewhere and they seem to think they can get away with it as not everyone with price compare, yes Qvc have the 30mbg which is handy but they make us pay for it.

How about Free P&P day or Price match day (similar to John Lewis) , or better still a percentage discount (20%) off every order, P&P charged per order rather than item.

Autumn, I am half and half with your opinions. As long as any 'offer' the Q makes is legal, I don't think it is wrong. Let me explain; if anyone does not have the self restraint to control your spending, that is their problem. Personally, EP does not coerce me into buying any product, if I don't want it. Yes, I totally agree that postage free days would be an excellent promotional tool, one from which the Q would benefit financially. I always regard the 'special', 'event' prices, and OTOs with extreme scepticism, because the 'normal' price is the QVC price when, in reality, it has probably been selling at IP, the same cost when offered at a lower price. I am watching QVC less and less these days, so assume other erstwhile QVCers are the same. The promotions you suggest would be, I feel, productive in getting people to switch on on a more regular basis.

Latest posts

Back