How much Qvc do you watch ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I think back to how addicted I used to be to QVC!

My poor hubby would be banished either to the kitchen or bedroom to watch the footie while I hogged the big tv in the lounge.I daren't miss a show just in case there was something I couldn't possibly live without (there wasn't).I watched the beauty shows over & over again,jewellery & house & homewares,the same stuff month in month out,I bought tons of items like they were going out of fashion,all my family & friends benefitted & my horde simply grew & grew.

Thank God,no more! Like lots of us on here,I've seen the error of my ways & now buy hardly anything.Shows are boring & repetitive,same old same old,nothing to excite anymore,there's just so much competition out there that QVC can't possibly expect to compete with websites that offer better deals & free postage.

I've just checked my account & have bought only two items since the beginning of August whereas two or more items a week were the norm for me at one time.

Well, we're all pretty much the same aren't we?
Wonder if it IS having any impact on their profits?

I watch very, very little these days. Haven't had it on so all these last two weeks & getting to be that way most weeks. I used to be an avid watcher, especially when the TSV was jewellery or some of the beauty items, or the special jewellery days. How often are those these days? Can't even remember when there was a silver day.

I'll still turn on if it's something like Honora, Laura Geller or one of the nail polish ranges as a TSV, but never stay up to watch the launch. I'll catch it in the morning, mostly after looking online to see if I think it's worth bothering, & if it's sold out so what, just means I've saved money that I might have been tempted to spend.

I watch very little save for shows I know I enjoy like Yankee Candles,Mally or Judith Williams. I will be watching the Ninja TSV with interest as we are in the market for something like that. I occasionally have a L'Occitane show on in the background and Emma Hardie and Kipling on TSV presentations. That's it though. I just flick through any other shows without paying attention and rely on the website for new products.

I still watch but I no longer impulse buy. I turn off if it is Jill or Craig or any other presenter that is being a pain. I know the shows I want to see and I look. If I don't like it or the price then I leave the channel. I'm not scared to send things back either. I bought the Lulu TSV recently and it's not up to the job so it's going back. I do keep a lot of stuff though. For me, QVC saves me going out into town, which I hate, trawling for things, queuing up to try then pay. I'm prepared to pay extra for that. But I never keep stuff I don't want or like and I haven't yet had "the letter".

I check the schedule for the coming weeks on line to see what's I at midnight. Anything I might be interested in I keep in mind. Now and again I will flick on q but not often. I reckon I now watch under 30 minutes a week

I only watch it for a few unintentional seconds now, when flicking through sky hahaha. Since craft has gone I've spent nothing, nada, zilch :grin:

Todays schedule has been poor , I haven't watched at all. I will watch more 2morrow as its Beauty day but doubt ill be buying anything.

Hardly watch at all. Used to watch all the beauty shows and spent loads on the tsvs especially smashbox , elemis, aveda, molton brown and laura Geller. since deciding over two years ago to buy only from certified cruelty free brands I've barely seen any beauty shows since qvc only have a couple of certified brands. I'll come on here to check out upcoming tsvs if there is a Lola rose or Kipling one looming to decide if worth watching, but that's about it.

Latest posts

Back