Beauty companies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharonk

Registered Shopper
I was just reading an article about Clinique getting into trouble regarding one of their adverts.
To the side of the page was another article about Avon pulling out of France and how it had already pulled out of lots of countries( lizzie anyone)? Then there was another article about L'oreal taking over Decleor from Shiseido, they have even bought out a Brazillian beauty chain to give the Body Shop foot up so to speak.
No doubt this will be another little secret QVC will keep to themselves in the same way they have LE and Avon.

Here is the info if you want to read it. It is quite an interesting site

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.c...y-to-acquire-two-brands-from-Shiseido?nocount

Last edited:
Many years back 1990s Clinique got into very big trouble and had to pay out quite a bit of money over advertising their famous moisturiser being suitable for round the eyes. A customer had a very bad reaction and took them to court. After that the S.As no longer said it.

Urban Decay was bought out by L'Oreal earlier in the year.

BE is owned by Shiseido

Elemis is owned by Bliss the US brand, but run as a separate company

SpaceNK is own by The Gap(yes the US clothing company), though Nicky Kinnard is still the brand name and face(she does work full time until like Liz).

Carita are a salon only brand, so far.

I didn't know that about the Clinique moisturiser, if it's the yellow one the main ingredient is mineral oil.
Wonder if Decleor products will be cheapened by the change, Body Shop was a good brand back in the day, sadly not any more. Not saying it's bad, just that it's not the same quality these days

Yes Chinagirl, indeed it was the yellow moisturiser they pushed as a wonder product for everywhere on the face area.

Avon really shafted their reps in Ireland earlier this year I do know. People had orders in the Avon ladies working away on getting orders for the next campaign. Then the EU Avon top people did a few calls to the top Irish managers and BANG gone. The customers did not know until the last minute, calling the reps about orders not appearing. The Avon ladies on the ground knew nothing until the same time as their own customers found out. The Irish beauty blogs up in arms the way the customers and the poor sales people treated. Many counted on it to help with the income of the family. No fore warning about the company in a bad way, just we have pulled out of Ireland end of.

That's a shocking way to treat customers.
Some of these beauty companies are like yo-yos, backwards and forwards between the big parent companies. Stila and Philosophy are examples of this. How long before L'Oreal start looking at the LE brand.

I avoid L'Oreal as much as I can, so now they are taking over Decleor I wont be buying much from them anymore.

Avon are pulling out if France too.
I do wonder if buyouts/ takeovers whatever they are have a negative impact on sales and formulas.
We all know LE sold out to Avon and I bet we are all watching to see what happens over the next few years to the LE products, will they do more and more make up and nail stuff to the detriment of the facial products?

The individuality has gone with companies like Bobbi Brown & Jo Malone being part of Estee Lauder.I still use LE despite the Avon buy out but isn't that where the development of the makeup & nail colour range has come from? I suppose when you are an individual & successful brand it is only a matter of time before the 'big fish' make an offer you can't refuse?

Bobbi Brown I swear each new collection I go look and yawn. The same old same old same old each time. The new Christmas collection is just like the last Christmas collection.

I still use the under eye brightener and corrector but that is all now.

Latest posts

Back