Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I have had enough of QVC, will be closing my account when the ezpay instalments have been paid.

It is just too long to wait for returns to be refunded, if they ever turn up at all. I have over £100 worth of goods waiting to be refunded and as yet they do not even show as being returned even tho they were posted a week ago.

I can just do without the hassle, there is nothing there I can't get elsewhere except possibly Laura Geller.

Most of the stuff I have bought, apart from beauty products, is sheer tat and am cross with myself for falling for it. the Cashmasoft sweaters are just dreadful, do not fit, and hard awful yarn, doubt it would keep you warm. sticking to Marks, Lands End and Amazon from now on. Their returns never get lost and refunds are made promptly.

Goodbye shopping telly! after 20 years I have at last learnt my lesson.

Ruthmay, I know how annoying it is to have to wait for refunds from QVC. Sometimes you need to phone and ask if they have received stuff back because they take far too long to update your account on-line. One other thought though, did you mention on another thread that you had to cancel your card because of possible fraud that your bank phoned you about? I've had it happen recently and if the bank cancel your card and issue another one with a new long number that may be why your refund hasn't been completed. It may be worth phoning CS and explain if that's the case.

Ruthmay, I sympathise. It takes them a LOT longer to give you your money back than it does for them to take it from you, surprise, surprise. The CS staff may be award-winning, excellent and well-trained but if this isn't backed up by actual service, then it's a hollow boast.

There`s no need to leave us here on ST, Ruth. I gave up shopping with Q a long time ago for much the same reasons as yourself but I do keep an eye on them for the few things I know I`ll definately use and which Q sometimes have the best deals on. Nowadays I only buy SBC, JW magic makeup and Mally from them. Everything else I buy from elsewhere and haven`t had any issues with returns, refunds or missing items from other sites. It drove home how bad Q can be when it comes to expensive returns, extortionate p and p and their slowness in dealing with things. Stick around and use Q to your advantage instead of allowing them to take advantage (which they do ! ) and keep your account open even if ypu only buy your Laura Geller from them.

The time it takes for everything to get done is so frustrating it makes you want to tear your hair out sometimes. I think that part of the delay is simply down to economics. I used to work for a very large multinational company and I was responsible for processing credit notes for their UK business. I was always being asked to hold on to them for as long as we could get away with before processing as it kept the "bottom line" looking better for longer which pleases shareholders apparently. I could never really see what difference it made, as they all got processed eventually anyway but that could be happening here. (And I know this isn't QVC's fault, but I find it galling that banks will hold onto the refund for 2 or 3 days before putting it back into your account. Given how much they must be holding on to in total, they're making a lot of interest that should be ours!)

Also, part of the delay is with Royal Mail, assuming you've been using them. I sent a couple of items back via recorded delivery. I went online to check for delivery and the status message said that the items had been "redirected at the recipient's request." I'm not sure why QVC would have them redirected or where to, but it meant that it took almost a week for the packets to be delivered to their proper final destination. I can only assume that they stockpile returns somewhere and process them in batches. If you get lucky, you get in just as the batch is taken and get a fast refund. Otherwise, yours could be first in the bin and it has to wait for the next collection.

If this is the case then QVC really should be prompted to change it. As we all know here, just about every other online company can do what QVC do cheaper, faster and often free of P&P. This will come and bite QVC in the backside eventually.

Apologies Ruthmay, I just found the thread I was talking about and realised that it was Silver Fox who had to cancel a card not you. I've recently had a few problems with QVC with faulty or wrong items received, long waits for items to be re delivered and returns refunds needing to be chased. I'm not very mobile at the moment but if my operation goes well this week I could well be giving up my Q habit and returning to a good old mooch round the High Street. Most of what I want or need can be sourced elsewhere and the only thing I would really miss is Laura Geller but I could probably get that from ebay.

There`s no need to leave us here on ST, Ruth. I gave up shopping with Q a long time ago for much the same reasons as yourself but I do keep an eye on them for the few things I know I`ll definately use and which Q sometimes have the best deals on. Nowadays I only buy SBC, JW magic makeup and Mally from them. Everything else I buy from elsewhere and haven`t had any issues with returns, refunds or missing items from other sites. It drove home how bad Q can be when it comes to expensive returns, extortionate p and p and their slowness in dealing with things. Stick around and use Q to your advantage instead of allowing them to take advantage (which they do ! ) and keep your account open even if ypu only buy your Laura Geller from them.

Many thanks for this Vienna, I appreciate being asked to stay on, which I intend to do, shall still watch and bitch, and as you say, shall buy occasionally when it suits but no more impulse buys. I sent the two Cashmasoft sweaters back today and it cost over £8 to send the two packages back first class recorded delivery just to make sure it gets there and I get my money back in a reasonable time. Marks deliver within 2 days, and have free returns and money in bank in days! better quality too and possibly cheaper as well.

The beauty of QVC is seeing products demonstrated, especially make up, so shall be watching, but hiding my credit card. thanks for everyone's support.

Moth, you are so right! I was chatting with the post office clerk when I took in my returns today and moaning about QVC and she said, and I am sure she is right, they just like to hang on to the money!

Wish you all the best for your op Pandora. absolutely no need to apologise, very sensible advice. hope all goes well, let us know how things are with you, please. fingers crossed.

Thanks for the kind thoughts Ruthmay, i have everything crossed too! No doubt we'll both continue to put our views on here, maybe the powers at QVC may occasionally read this forum and take notice of some of our complaints and in the meantime our bank balances will be healthier by abstaining more.

Latest posts

Back