So How Much Did QVC UK Made In 2012????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Article about them in the UK December Vogue.

The answer according to Vogue.

last year in Britain, QVC took £403.7 million!

So the whining about postage etc will make no impact on QVC.

I think it will be alot less this year judging by redundancies , lack of TSV's selling out and that the majority items being on advanced orders, And im still going to whine about the cost of postage!!! lol :Smile:

I remember reading somewhere that they had a turnover of just over a million pounds per day, so that sounds about right to me.

Yes, it would be interesting to compare with previous years. I have noticed recently that even the oto's and surprise prices don't always sell too well. They shouldn't still be pushing them at the end of the hour - doesn't give a good impression.

I don't know how they decide what to sell. Everyone has a different idea of what makes a boring day but it seems to me that there are far too many vacuum cleaners and steamers. Is the nation wallowing in filthy homes whilst glued to the telly dreaming of gleaming surfaces and reaching for the phone instead of the mop? And all those endless christmas ornaments and really expensive flashing santas, trains and merrygorounds. What a waste of money.

That must be their turnover so it would be interested to see their actual profit after everything else is deducted.

That must be their turnover so it would be interested to see their actual profit after everything else is deducted.

It will still be in the tens of millions. I would also be fairly certain that their sales are still up year-on-year as from 2008-2012 they will have been experiencing a positive impact from the roll-out of the digital switch-over, which will have increased their reach considerably. Add into that, the fact that their website means that customers don't need to watch at all. I remember their turnover from about 5 or 6 years ago was £315m, so they have enjoyed the sort of growth most companies would give their eye-teeth for.

I understand that there may be redundancies at the call centre (which is tragic) but this must not be mistaken for hard-knock times for le Q, it is much more likely to be due to the shift in customer ordering patterns, with people ordering online more and more. In fact, I would deduce from their withdrawal from affiliate marketing schemes, that they are probably considerably ahead of target for web-sales participation, which will also have had an excellent impact on their average cost of servicing an order, which in turn will mean that their profit-growth will be as strong as, if not stronger, than their sales growth.

Oh and Julian McDonald will be bringing a range to QVC UK next year.

I will say QVC could lose over £10,000,000 to £20,000,000 on that figure this year and not feel any pain.

Latest posts

Back