Dyson Hot & Cold Fan TSV 18/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any feedback about this (if its turned up)???

Central heating needs to go off for a few days and I am a freezing person on a hot day so need to get some form of heater......but its a lorra lorra money if its not much good!

If you are like me and rarely get too hot and you just need another source of heat until your central heating is back on, just go and buy a couple of cheap fan heaters at a tenner each and position them on either side of yourself. I have a small one blasting away at my feet when I am cold.

i have had some insulation done in the loft and doors.bought some panels in a foil type material. keep rooms closed. i can get away with central heating the a couple of hours a day in the morning and a couple in the evening. the house manages to hold this heat all day without a boost. the money for this heater will go towards my jan gas bill. i was going to buy it but the reviews were a bit mixed.

Thank you.

Sadly I am always cold.....even with the central heating on, so need to bite the bullet and get something decent to keep me warm......

Thinking if the Dyson IS good, I can forget the central heating (draughty of house) and just keep the room warm that I am in most.

If you are like me and rarely get too hot and you just need another source of heat until your central heating is back on, just go and buy a couple of cheap fan heaters at a tenner each and position them on either side of yourself. I have a small one blasting away at my feet when I am cold.

Are your rooms small or large? I have a small fan heater that will warm a small (tiny) room in 15 minutes, but doesn't warm a larger one for nearly an hour. It's a 2kw, same as the Dyson, which can warm the larger room in 15 minutes.

You have to be prepared to put up with the noise - the guy said the motor was faster than a F1 car, it's also as noisy! I'm used to it now and I know the way I use it that it's going to save me money on the gas bill. It's not been cold enough for me to use the heating or the fan (apart from the little trial I did to see just how quick it was compared to my little fan) seriously - though I think that may change on the weekend coming up!

I won't put the heating on if it's just me in the house, but I do have a medical condition that means I can't move around much and I feel the cold. I have a few "warmer-uppers" (that are the butt of many jokes in my family) that I use to keep warm. I wear lots of thin layers, topped with a warm, chunky fleece. I wear wool socks and fingerless gloves and a scarf if it's really cold. Going to the loo is an absolute pain, but if I'm warm to go, it's not so bad. I could never wear a onesie - I'd freeze taking stuff up top off for the loo!

I've bought a few things from Lidl that I intend to be buried with - a heated throw, a heated "bat-cape" and a bed warmer. Oh, and remote control sockets (half the price of QVC's last week) so I can put my bed-warmer on an hour before time without hauling myself upstairs. I loved the throw until I tried the shawl thingy. That warms me up a treat in minutes, where the throw would take at least 30. It also seems to warm me up to the core so I don't feel chilled going into different rooms or even hanging washing out. I also have some wheat and gel bags that warm up in the microwave. The gel one goes down my t-shirt when I really feel cold. I'm that cold that they went to bed with me every night through the summer, too.

Cozee Home bedding has been a godsend! No sheet-shock, dries on the line in an hour, NO IRONING (saves a LOT of electricity!).

The Dyson was an extravagance, but I've never been able to warm up in the shower and hate getting out into a chilled room. Now I stay in bed, switch the fan on by remote 15 minutes before getting up and by angling it between my bedroom and bathroom, manage to get warmth in both rooms. My little fan never managed that. On high, you'll also feel a draught rather than warmth unless it's directly in front of you.

If you think about the way you'll use it, I do believe it will save you money on heating bills. And you also need to remember it is noisy on high - I see a lot of reviews comment on this and thought I was prepared for it. I wasn't as it is noisier than I thought. It'll rarely get used as a fan by me, but I also understand that it's just a fan and not an air-conditioning unit (another complaint that crops up in reviews).

@alterego. Thanks for the keep warm tips. I wear 2 pairs of socks in winter. A thin pair of cotton socks with a pair of wool socks over the top and then my m&s fleece lined secret support boots. It was a Scots colleague who gave me the 2 sock tip.

Thank you alter ego.

The noise issue had entirely passed me by......and would be rather an issue for me I think!

I have spent the day snuggled up in thermal socks, under a fluffy throw from Costco (gloriously soft and snuggling) with a cushion on my lap as insulation and a laptop for added warmth!

I should be doing this to keep me warm :mysmilie_8:

I also have my invention of a heated sofa. Single electric blanket on sofa - lovely but best to have one on a timer as I almost burnt the house down with one. Nowadays I have a large fleece dressing gown which wraps almost around me twice and keeps me warm. OH has never commented the sight.

I tried the two-sock trick a few years back, ILS, but they never stayed up together and got on my nerves. I'm a sheepskin lover. I got a few pairs of Jumbuck slippers on sale at the Hut for a tenner each and live in them in the evenings (even with wool socks). I can't wear them all the time, unfortunately. Most of the time I'm in Fitflops (the only things I can walk properly in, and certainly the only things I can wear without pain). I had some of their sheepskin Mukluks a few years ago (on sale - I do love a good bargain :heart:) and keep one pair as slippers for when it's really cold. I've lined all my shoes and boots with sheepskin since seeing my old GP who suggested it to help chilblains (which I've fortunately only come close to having a few times since). I'm sure it was all the mustard baths I had to try to get warm in a hurry that triggered them. And they never worked properly! Sigh.

The Lidl throws and bat-cape have auto shut-off. Brilliant for memory-lacking idiots like me :mysmilie_516:.

So. Did you train your OH not to notice or just beat the urge to comment out of him :tongue: (took me years to train mine).

Latest posts

Back