Kim&co fabrics are not unique to her!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maggiemoose

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else spotted Kim & co 'unique' fabrics are not quite so? bought a dress from qvc couple months ago - which am very happy with, but disappointed to see exact same fabric used in dress and top in most recent Julipa mail order catalogue (sister company to JD Williams). Magnified image and double checked - exact same. how can Kim say can't find designs anywhere else??

most of kims plain tops and trousers can be found in my local market.OK they're not "kims" but they are the same fabric....

Her print designs have always looked like something from my local 'cheap shop'. I don't really care for them.

it's not 'seeing' the fabric elsewhere I object to, it's hearing her say they're unique to her and can't be found anywhere else. Just be honest -too much to hope for in retail I guess!

I have lots of Kim & Co camisole and vest tops and I've never found similar weight slinky fabric on the high street or market stalls. Maybe because Kim's original slinky is viscose whereas other similar garments on the DHS are polyester. This item on Julipa is poly: http://www.julipa.com/shop/plain-sl...etails/show.action?pdBoUid=8061#colour:,size: - you had me hoping for a cheap source for a minute! :Laugh:
I'd say if you can find it elsewhere (and particularly if it's cheaper) buy it. The viscose slinky doesn't make me hot and sweaty whereas anything with a high percentage of polyester would.

Wrong comparasion

most of kims plain tops and trousers can be found in my local market.OK they're not "kims" but they are the same fabric....

I know the 'slinky' fabric copied many times and I agree, not the same fabric composition or quality as Kims. Sadly items I found were not the items you are referring to. It's the heirloom paisley pattern. I have Kim dress, and Julipa has a dress and top in EXACT same fabric - design, composition etc. I'm sad and ordered top to check. Exactly same!

Yes I agree.When I was talking about them being the "same" as kims - I meant in look and feel.Unfortunately I couldnt tell you the composition of either types of fabrics - I just know they "look" the same.I imagine that kim's are a better quality/composition hence the price.

I used to really hate kims clothes - never bought them - odd bits years ago - a dress for my nan - I think years ago a top for me.Then I bought a dress from Joe Browns a couple of weeks ago (my favourite) and the material was the "same" as kims (I'm saying the same as in look and feel) and I really love it and feel really comfy in it.So a bought a couple of dresses from kim & co - and I have to say they are perfect for work.

Latest posts

Back