Auto delivery mania

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
This mania for more sales is starting to become farcical.

More and more products are being offered on an Auto Delivery basis - we've had L'occitane, Peony, Leighton Denny, now Bare Minerals, and wasn't Charlie Bears on some sort of auto delivery too ?

I'm waiting for the coat hangers, northern nights, Dyson and I-Pads to jump on the wagon, and I bet some poor fool watching will sign up for 'em.

This is sales pushing to the extreme, and the off-knob is getting used more and more in my house.

I cant stand when they spend half the show running through all the Auto delivery options , it wastes so much time and half the time the presenters and guests are confused about what items your getting and when. :headbang:

I find it more irritating when (for example) they treat two-thirds of a three easy pay as non existent... like it isn't relevant. even worse when they suggest buying three as "it is like you are paying for one"

qvc beauty dept do encourage people to buy excessive amounts of products. each brand would have one tsv a year. now most brands seem to be having a tsv every month/ plus loads of special offers on duo and packs and the auto delivery

I find it more irritating when (for example) they treat two-thirds of a three easy pay as non existent... like it isn't relevant. even worse when they suggest buying three as "it is like you are paying for one"

I could not agree more, and Debbie Flint is the worst one for doing this! Well if she is not the worst she is the most obvious.

as much as I thought the LD AD was really good value - that has been the only one that I ever considered buying.And even then I didnt buy even the single option.Watching BM tonight all I could think about was who needs 3 gold bags - slightly different or not.....it really is a way of trying to secure your custom and your cash.I'm happy to admit I love a kipling bag - but would I want 4 "drops" :wonder: of the same bag in 4 different colours...er no

qvc beauty dept do encourage people to buy excessive amounts of products. each brand would have one tsv a year. now most brands seem to be having a tsv every month/ plus loads of special offers on duo and packs and the auto delivery

that's because it's the same 10/15 brands on rotation.

some of the brand ambassadors might as well live around the corner from the building.

I could not agree more, and Debbie Flint is the worst one for doing this! Well if she is not the worst she is the most obvious.

yes, to be honest that was who I was thinking of, when bringing this up... but I have nothing against her other than that. I just think it's a careless overlook of details which are not irrelevant when the second month comes around.

Oh you are far more charitable than I am Mr Tom. I think it is deliberate and misleading, rather than simply careless.

Oh you are far more charitable than I am Mr Tom. I think it is deliberate and misleading, rather than simply careless.

they do seem to be far better than the channel I watch (that being bid)

I find it more interesting in January, when they need a new spiel because all these easy pays are suddenly gonna be called in.

Can you cancel AD orders online? or do you need to call CS?

You must phone to cancel although I didn't realise this until a Strivectin advanced order arrived yesterday that I'd written and cancelled weeks ago after returning the original item. I really thought a written note was safer and no-one contacted me after it was recieved to say it wouldn't do.

They have begrudgingly agreed to send me a return label for the parcel and after a bit of discussion say "on this occasion" they will refund the original postage too. I have to wait for the £95 refund to my card though till the package arrives back as it was "my error"

I wish the presenters would make it clear when they're floggin' things on this ruddy plan that the only way you can cancel is by telephoning.

No more Auto Delivery for me ... sometimes you learn the hard way.

Latest posts

Back