Salaries of QVC Presenters in the USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I understand what you're saying, Scout, but there was an article in a newspaper which was discussed here a while ago where a reporter was given access to a day behind the scenes at QVC. It seems JF was repeating word for word, like a ventriloquists dummy, what was being fed to her down her ear piece from the producer in the gallery. I don't deny it takes a certain amount of talent to multi-task like that but my admiration is for talented actors who can lose me in a believable role, not presenters of a shopping channel who are too dim to think for themselves. I don't think the new presenter can hack it, she keeps saying silly things because she's trying to listen to her ear piece and talk at the same time...today she asked us to take a 'beautiful' look at the item she was presenting, which made me laugh.

Oh I'm not saying I admire them, just that it's a lot harder than people give the good presenters credit for, and most people in front of the camera in "regular" TV will recognise how hard it is and wouldn't want to do it. I'm not at all surprised that JF had to be fed everything she said because she's such an airhead. Can't imagine she'd be able to fill 5 minutes with anything intelligent without help. Would bet real money that JR isn't fed like that, other than a few prompts when she needs to move on, updates on stock etc. Haven't seen Marverine yet so can't comment, but she shouldn't have a problem with talkback with her experience. Virtually everyone who ever appears on the TV screen in non-drama has talkback going on in their ear all the time and she did a five hour show on Sky News according to her bio, so it should be second nature to her. Actually, dealing with talkback is surprisingly easy (I've had to do it in the dim and distant past). Within a few minutes your brain switches into talkback mode, and although everything being said to the soundmen, the cameramen and everyone else involved is fed into your ear, you magically only really hear the comments that are directed at you. You somehow don't really absorb all the other conversations going on with other people that are coming into your ear, your brain just picks up what's being said to you and you respond to that. I was able to hold a conversation with someone standing next to me with talkback going into my ear, and was still able to really hear only what I needed to hear. Wasn't because I was clever, my brain just did it. So JF isn't displaying much talent by repeating what she's being told either, truth be told. The brain's remarkable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back