Halogen oven good value at £39.99

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I bought it in Feb 2013 when it was around £47. Now £39.99 plus p&p. I use mine quite a lot and like the fact that the lid is integral.
http://www.idealworld.tv/Cookshop_11_Litre_Halogen_Oven_with_8_Accessories_280853.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=halogen

I agree, the price is good. I bought the black one several months ago and like the attached lid.

Ideal World have some great bargains. On the Monday Midday Madness show this week, they had the Phillips Airfryer on for £89.99 and free p&p. I've had some real bargains from the shows.

I have just bought the Philips generator iron from IW at £79 which after having a look seems a good price, some of the branded items they sell are very competitive.

The halogen oven is a great price at £39.99 , I use mine all the time :Laugh:

are these any good ?

had an actifry but terrible build quality, got a breville halo but terrible design so thinking of a halogen oven are they good for chips and baked tatties ?

Weve had ours a week now, weve cooked chicken which was okay, didnt think it was as nice as they shown on TV, Parsnips and Roasties, which dad said were the best weve had in years.

And the other night, we cooked oven chips in there, and where as if you cook them in the oven, they are generally very soggy stilll, the chips come out, nice and crisp, tommorrow, were gonna attempt a roast beef joint.

Also would recommend, the books published by Paul Brodel, his cinamon buns, with fruit, and apricot jam were yummy

IW sell 2 types of halogen. The 39.99 one is simply an oven and I use it to roast vegetables, good chops, cook oven chips. I don't cook chickens in it because I have a great combo oven that roasts a chicken in35 mins. The other more expensive one is more like an actifry in that it has a paddle in it so that chips can be cooked from raw. I have no experience of it, I think there might be some reviews of it on the IW website.

I don't want an attached lid wont be able to open it with the kitchen units above ! :)

The Andrew James is actually £ 40.50 as i have a discount code :) and comes with extender ring, extra bulb and 2yr warranty and all these below, seems good value to me

$T2eC16RHJFsFFSJNR63TBRp3,oZpCQ~~60_57.jpg

Thats a different oven though and smaller only 7 litres the digital one is 12 litres

I don't want an attached lid wont be able to open it with the kitchen units above ! :)

The Andrew James is actually £ 40.50 as i have a discount code :) and comes with extender ring, extra bulb and 2yr warranty and all these below, seems good value to me

View attachment 9745

Sorry didn't realise it came with accessories, I see your point about not being able to open it because of the kitchen units but I guess you could just pull it forward when opening it. Mine doesn't have an attached lid and I can tell you its a ****** nuisance when your trying to juggle the lid when its hot and not burn anything. My only other tip for you is keep the glass bowl clean, because even leaving it for a day or two without cleaning makes it all most impossible to get sparkling clean again :(

Five minutes ago I ordered the IW halogen oven with the hinged lid, and have just come here and seen this thread. Have had a JML halogen oven for the past four years which has just died. Absolutely LOVED the oven and have only used that and the microwave since I bought it (literally haven't turned the big oven or the hob on in four years). Absolutely HATED the separate lid and vowed I would never again buy a halogen oven without an integrated hinged lid. Even though I had a stand for the lid of the JML oven it was a real pain in the proverbial having to balance a boiling hot piece of glass (sometimes dripping with boiling hot condensation) on a little metal stand every time I opened it.

Doubt I'd pay full price for the IW oven, but I think £39.99 is very good. Now I just hope the speed of delivery is just as good.

I'm very pleased with my oven from IW. The attached lid does make a difference, safety wise and if you have unobstructed worktop space, this IMO, is the one to go for. I use mine for lots, even making toast :)

Delivery is normally really quick, too.

They are doing a 1.5 kg Actifry with a 'free' 11 litre Halogen with hinged lid and 8 accessories for £179.99 on 4 flexipay.

Good deal?

dont get the 1.5kg actifry, build quality is very poor, had 3 lids and 1 paddle on mine

dont get the 1.5kg actifry, build quality is very poor, had 3 lids and 1 paddle on mine

Interesting, thanks.

I discovered Curry's are doing the 1.5kg Actify for £149.99 , unsurprisingly they didn't mention that in their price comparisons. They prefer to choose notoriously expensive, credit based home shopping catalogues like Littlewoods and very.co.uk, I wonder why!

I suppose it isn't a bad deal, build quality aside!

Latest posts

Back