Longer than 3 - 5 working days - arrrrgh!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miaandmum

Registered Shopper
I ordered something on 16 nov. According to the presenter 'this item will be with you within 3 to 5 working days'. Well, the 5 working days are up today. The item was shipped on the 20th to royal mail so I've paid £5.95 for a c##p delivery service. I've ordered loads of stuff from amazon lately and all of it has been free delivery and all recd within 4 days. This is my first order from QVC in months. I now remember why I stopped buying from them. RUBBISH

I read on here that there is a TNT complication with RM deliveries by Q and you should allow an extra day. It worked for mine which came on day 6 or possibly even 7. I got a 13/11 courier order yesterday but that is unusually slow and it had got held up or should I say messed up somehow as it was still showing as open on their tracking today. I do think the RM deliveries are poor compared to Amazon and the other sites I use for Yankee purchases. Seem to come within two days..... It really ticks me off though when you query something and they recalculate the 3-5 days from the date of despatch. They do not say that on air.

It will get worse nearer to Christmas. People will be ordering in good faith and I can see many items not arriving in time, especially tsv`s in the week before Christmas such as the Honora one. Not that Q will bother because they`ll already have your money sitting in their bank. I wouldn`t risk ordering anything from them after the first week of December.

I wouldnt mind so much but as they kept saying limited stock, get it before it goes etc, etc I panicked and brought it without checking prices. Had I looked at amazon first (which i normally do before committing) I could have got it for the same price and it would have been with me by now. I'll still keep watching QVC as its my guilty pleasure but I certainly wont be buying again. I expect a premium delivery service when paying premium prices

Average Delivery time for me from Q is 4 days. Amazon are much better , they often have free delivery and I normally receive the item in 2 days.

I wouldnt mind so much but as they kept saying limited stock, get it before it goes etc, etc I panicked and brought it without checking prices. Had I looked at amazon first (which i normally do before committing) I could have got it for the same price and it would have been with me by now. I'll still keep watching QVC as its my guilty pleasure but I certainly wont be buying again. I expect a premium delivery service when paying premium prices

After you place an order on Q you have a short amount of time to cancel the order online (and I'm assuming if you ring CS too) It does vary though from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. So if you are rushed into buying on Q you could order the item, then do a quick search online to see if it's cheaper elsewhere - then if it is you can cancel from Q :) I've done it a couple of times before :)

On Wednesday afternoon about 3pm I ordered a Kipling purse from Amazon and it was free P&P. I received it the following day at lunchtime. Why can't a large company like QVC get their act together and deliver the goods when they say they will. I have not bought anything from Q for at least a year now and doubt I will ever make another purchase from them.

Hah! I ordered the TSV Dyson fan A DAY EARLIER than the TSV because QVC sent me an email telling me it would be a good idea to ORDER EARLY as it would be popular and was an excellent buy blah, blah, blah. That was the 16th. It wasn't shipped until the 21st!!!!!!!

It's still not here. 3-5 working days my ar$e!

If you feel rushed into ordering, put stuff in your basket first - assuming you can, of course! If you're using a debit card and place the order, which you then cancel, the pre-authorisation is applied by the bank and your balance will be lower for a few days until they realise the money hasn't been requested. Do that for a few items and it'll soon add up! I've been stung with before.

Delivery for me is almost always five days at the earliest, sometimes seven, & I only live about 25 miles from Liverpool, could drive there in an hour!
Amazon & several small companies I regularly order from come within 2-3 days, even next day sometimes,with free p&p & from much further away.
I know sometimes Royal Mail can be vey slow but the thing that really annoys me is that "in process" can show for three days or more before dispatch. Even coming with Hermes, who are usually quicker, it's just at the " order generated" stage in the tracking report for two day or more before it gets to the depot never mind the courier.
At the prices Q charge now it's just not good enough. I'm surprised, to be honest, that their sales haven't been more badly affected by now.

It should be the rule if its not delivered within 5 days you get the p&p refunded , unless they state on air it will take longer. I think Qvc get away with far to much as people are afraid to complain. :mysmilie_59:

It will get worse nearer to Christmas. People will be ordering in good faith and I can see many items not arriving in time, especially tsv`s in the week before Christmas such as the Honora one. Not that Q will bother because they`ll already have your money sitting in their bank. I wouldn`t risk ordering anything from them after the first week of December.

It is hit and miss how quick / late deliveries can be, even multiple separate items in an order can be several days difference in delivery. I do have to say that I have ordered stuff near to Christmas and always received in time. A few years ago, I ordered a Lori Greiner free standing jewellery mirror for my daughter and had just missed the 'guaranteed' delivery time for Christmas they promote - and still got it in time - I think it was 2 or 3 days from the order day, so I was very relieved, pleasantly surprised ( and dd loved the jewellery cabinet).

Totally agree that pp should be refunded if not delivered within the time specified. Btw still waiting for my order which I placed on 16 November. It's a Christmas present so hopefully I will get it before Christmas ! Lol

Well, still waiting and getting fed up now. Have been told I will get it today or tomorrow - if only I could believe it !!

Latest posts

Back