Yankee Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I don't want a candle that smells of "candy." The pine one sounds nice. It would remind me of my summer holidays walking through the pine trees in Sventoji. I have got the "clean cotton" candle which is lovely. I would just rather buy candles singly, lest there be a horrible fragrance I don't like. I wish Yankee candles would do the following fragrances:

1) Newly mown lawn.
2) Newly opened jar of honey.
3) 62% cocoa.
4) Coconut.
5) Silver Mountain Water by "Creed" (my favourite fragrance) or Virgin Island Water by Creed
6) Bowl of porridge with some vanilla extract in it.
7) Dove soap
8) Lavender and lemon
9) Forest after it's been raining.
10) Walking past a bed of wallflowers in the park.

Which fragrances of candles would you like to have?
Don't you think that Stephen character looks a bit effeminate with his long hair? (Admittedly he seems to have a nice persona - not annoying, at least)

They have done a lot of them in the past Julius, if you do a internet search you will find lemon lavender , Dune grass or Riding mower. There have been several coconut fragrances over the years.

Hi Julius I would like a candle that smells like L'Occitane shea shower cream. I love the way the skin (yes my children's skin and hair too!) smells after using it.

There is one called Lemon Lavender already that you might like.

I wish Qvc would bring more rare fragrances back , Yankee candle is everywhere on the highstreet now so they need to up there game. Id like Blue hydrangea, sunflower and splash of rain back :).

Hi Julius I would like a candle that smells like L'Occitane shea shower cream. I love the way the skin (yes my children's skin and hair too!) smells after using it.

There is one called Lemon Lavender already that you might like.

Oooh I love the smell of that shower cream! It's quite different to the shea bar soap though, but I like both of them. I didn't know they did lavender and lemon. I'd love to have that whe nI go to Spain again next year. I wish they'd do an olive oil soap fragrance too, or a quince orchard fragrance. That would take me back to my childhood. Nobody in England seems to know about quinces! In Lithuania the quince is called "svarainis" or in Latin "cidonia."

Im a big fan of wankee handles, even putting them unwrapped in the car ashtrays as a cheaper longlasting air freshner.

I wonder if Rosa and co. could possibly invent a scent that doesn't send presenter Craig into a daft trance of pleasure each time he does the 'sniff test' of each waxy delight on air?

I am like you Julius, I am a Swede and love my pine trees, fabulous! That said, 2 years ago we drove from Oslo to Tromso to see friends and I got temporarily sick of the sight of pine trees:)

My favourite YC has been Red Berry & Cedar for years now and I enjoy it at any time of year. Love Quinces too, we have a quince tree but this year we had an awfully disappointing "harvest" of 5 lonely little quinces! I would definitely try a quince scented candle, maybe they will bring one out, do they take customer suggestions?

Inge x

I don't want a candle that smells of "candy." The pine one sounds nice. It would remind me of my summer holidays walking through the pine trees in Sventoji. I have got the "clean cotton" candle which is lovely. I would just rather buy candles singly, lest there be a horrible fragrance I don't like. I wish Yankee candles would do the following fragrances:

1) Newly mown lawn.
2) Newly opened jar of honey.
3) 62% cocoa.
4) Coconut.
5) Silver Mountain Water by "Creed" (my favourite fragrance) or Virgin Island Water by Creed
6) Bowl of porridge with some vanilla extract in it.
7) Dove soap
8) Lavender and lemon
9) Forest after it's been raining.
10) Walking past a bed of wallflowers in the park.

Which fragrances of candles would you like to have?
Don't you think that Stephen character looks a bit effeminate with his long hair? (Admittedly he seems to have a nice persona - not annoying, at least)

They do a coconut one called Black Coconut, but it doesn't really smell that coconutty to me, it's a bit of a meh. My favourite ever Yankee was/is Coconut Bay, I was gutted when they stopped doing it over here. It seemed to disappear really quickly so I couldn't even stockpile, and I had just finished one. I tried getting little ones on Ebay but they weren't the real thing. I've been trying to find any way of getting it for about 3 years, and finally this month my fiance bought me one from America and paid £30 to have it shipped here as an anniversary present, bless his heart. I was thrilled, I've pined after it for so long. Smells just as good as ever, I love it. It turns out my mum's going to New York next week now, so fingers crossed she'll be able to bring me back one or two more.
I did find a nice non-Yankee coconut candle from Ebay, by Lytham St Annes soap workshop. It's a subtle smell but really lovely, I can't stop sticking my nose in when it's not lit. You don't get a huge size for the money but it's not crazy expensive.

I love the smell of Dove soap too, but I won't buy from the company anymore. Fortunately Sainsbury's do a copy of it which is a bit cheaper. It doesn't smell identical but it's still very similar.

Oh Julius !

5) Silver Mountain Water by "Creed" (my favourite fragrance)

and mine ! .................. I bought bottles of this for my late chap, and never tired of the fragrance. It is THE best gent's cologne ever !!!!

Oh Julius !

5) Silver Mountain Water by "Creed" (my favourite fragrance)

and mine ! .................. I bought bottles of this for my late chap, and never tired of the fragrance. It is THE best gent's cologne ever !!!!

You both had very good taste Brissles! It's a fab fragrance isn't it? Very subtle, elegant and classy.

Latest posts

Back