QVC Returns The Hidden Service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nutsville

Registered Shopper
I recently returned my two Elemis TSV's which set me back nearly £13! Not happy. In the meantime I found the WEN conditioner hadn't been refunded. Phoned QVC, letter to be sent out with as much detail as I could, but if I could find the proof of posting that would be great. Turned the flat upside down eureka found the proof of posting.

The letter just said to return it to the Liverpool address, but no envelope or address on the letter, I didn't want to send it to the P.O. Box so went hunting round Q for a better address. Imagine my surprise when I found this!
QVC_logo_00729a.jpg

How much does it cost to return my goods?
You can take your parcel to your nearest myHermes ParcelShop for £3.65.
Alternatively we can collect your parcel from your home on a pre-arranged day for £3.95.

How to return in 6 simple steps
Firstly, you will need access to a printer to use this service.

1. Check that your parcel weighs under 15kg - you can find this information on your invoice
2. Register/log into your account
3. Select return option
4. Enter your payment details
5. Print label and affix to parcel
6. Drop off at a ParcelShop or a courier will collect from your door

If your parcel exceeds 15kg or is faulty, please contact QVC Customer Care on 0800 51 41 31.
Please allow up to 5 working days from the actual date of collection for your return to reach us.
You will receive a replacement (stock permitting) within 14 days.
You can track your parcel by entering your 16 digit barcode reference from your label in the tracking box at the top left of this page

ANY
parcel under 15kg returned to Q for £3.65/£3.95!!!!!! It's not obvious where to find it on MyHermes. Once you have made you account if you don't have one, sign in, go right to the bottom of the home page. In the black area under Home the bottom item is "Hermis Returns". Click on that and it takes you to a long list of companies that you can return to.

Thanks for that, nutsville, but be warned - look at Hermes' site and you'll see they don't allow certain things at all and they don't compensate for others such as flammable perfume, garden tools that aren't properly protected, knives, corrosive substances, nail varnishes and other things that wouldn't concern the majority of QVC buyers (like live animals!) But still worth noting.
Link

Noted thatu but still cheaper and worth considering rather than RM.

If anyone doesn't have a Hermes account pm me your email address and I'll recommend you giving us each a discount voucher.

That's interesting because when I've checked on Hermes site previously to return items to QVC, it wouldn't accept QVC post code for some reason, so I never bothered checking again. Thanks for the information.

Several other things to note that may help. With the Elems TSVs, it would have almost certainly been cheaper with Royal Mail to have returned them as 2 seperate parcels (being 2 Small Parcels rather than 1 medium parcel). Always, always measure your parces before going to the Post Office and work out the way to pack them that meets the lowest possible price threshold, but almost certainly if it is a parcel, MyHermes or CollectPlus will be considerably cheaper.

Secondly, if it is over a certain weight, QVC will arrange collection (4 kgs I think).

Now days, Royal Mail have priced themselves out of the parcel market for mere consumers. Unfortunately, their price changes have meant that whilst still cheaper, courier prices have risen considerably as well, and collect plus have removed their cheapest service with covered Jiffy bags rather than parcels.

Several other things to note that may help. With the Elems TSVs, it would have almost certainly been cheaper with Royal Mail to have returned them as 2 seperate parcels (being 2 Small Parcels rather than 1 medium parcel). Always, always measure your parces before going to the Post Office and work out the way to pack them that meets the lowest possible price threshold, but almost certainly if it is a parcel, MyHermes or CollectPlus will be considerably cheaper.

Secondly, if it is over a certain weight, QVC will arrange collection (4 kgs I think).

Now days, Royal Mail have priced themselves out of the parcel market for mere consumers. Unfortunately, their price changes have meant that whilst still cheaper, courier prices have risen considerably as well, and collect plus have removed their cheapest service with covered Jiffy bags rather than parcels.

As the weight limit on the Hermes service is up to 15kg, I'm wondering if they're introducing this with the aim of dropping the free collection for items over 4kg.

RM have recently altered the measurements for a 'small' parcel - it is now much more generous. Think its £2.60 for 2nd class which is much better than the previous £5-ish.

cue Jude's broken record...

If you have 4 or more parcels to return I recommend ParcelForce Consignment which gives fully trackable 48 hour guaranteed delivery and tends to be around £12* for any number of packages going to the same address. I tend to go through phases of ordering a lot (and regretting it) so this works for me. In the past, I've returned 13 parcels for £12 in the past (a personal best or worst depending how you see it!). Coupled with cancelling the orders under DSR I "lost" less than a quid per parcel.

*The consignment price is calculated by adding together all the parcel weights so my combination of garment, cheap jewellery and beauty stuff has never pushed the cost over £12. The service is better in terms of the level of trackability than 1st class signed for and you can set the level of insurance (I opt for £100) but if you were returning say 5 items of fine jewellery you could set a higher level of cover and it would be cheaper than RM Special Delivery for each parcel separately (£6.22 each whether it's a small parcel or a large letter).

Sorry I know I'm evangelical about this and most ST regulars will be sick of me repeating this :mysmilie_1:, but few Post Office staff offer this as an alternative unless you ask for it my name. If you have more than 8 parcels they can accommodate them under the same consignment number even though their menu only has space for 8 items on their first dialogue page on the post office terminal. So don't let them fob you off! I'd be lost if my little local PO ever closed down, they're more clued up than the main office in town!

That's interesting because when I've checked on Hermes site previously to return items to QVC, it wouldn't accept QVC post code for some reason, so I never bothered checking again. Thanks for the information.

I had this problem so rang QVC and they supplied me with an alternative post code - L33 7YQ

If you have 4 or more parcels to return I recommend ParcelForce Consignment which gives fully trackable 48 hour guaranteed delivery and tends to be around £12* for any number of packages going to the same address. I tend to go through phases of ordering a lot (and regretting it) so this works for me. In the past, I've returned 13 parcels for £12 in the past (a personal best or worst depending how you see it!). Coupled with cancelling the orders under DSR I "lost" less than a quid per parcel.

*The consignment price is calculated by adding together all the parcel weights so my combination of garment, cheap jewellery and beauty stuff has never pushed the cost over £12. The service is better in terms of the level of trackability than 1st class signed for and you can set the level of insurance (I opt for £100) but if you were returning say 5 items of fine jewellery you could set a higher level of cover and it would be cheaper than RM Special Delivery for each parcel separately (£6.22 each whether it's a small parcel or a large letter).

Sorry I know I'm evangelical about this and most ST regulars will be sick of me repeating this :mysmilie_1:, but few Post Office staff offer this as an alternative unless you ask for it my name. If you have more than 8 parcels they can accommodate them under the same consignment number even though their menu only has space for 8 items on their first dialogue page on the post office terminal. So don't let them fob you off! I'd be lost if my little local PO ever closed down, they're more clued up than the main office in town!

Please continue, Jude; I enjoy hearing your pearls of wisdom. Given the increasing need to return items to QVC, I think that Graham should make a stickie of this aspect of Q's service. Jay

Oh Jay thank you, :mysmilie_59: that's made my day, could you tell my kids to listen to what I say LOL! :mysmilie_43: Maybe I should just email them, if nothing else, after the event I could point to a particular email, and then say "I told you so!" :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back