Absolutely raging and gutted!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here's what the QVC website says about returns:

The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product)

so maybe it's reasonable to have a fag while you're poking around the inside of your bag with an old biro to make sure it's in perfect condition;

But this is the bit I don't understand:

Under our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, we will issue a full refund of your order provided that the product is returned in clean condition and in its original packaging. Your refund will consist of the price paid for the products together with the delivery charges.

Products returned under the 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee will be subject to a compensatory charge (normally equal to the delivery charge). We will normally refund you using the same payment method that you used to purchase the products. For further information on our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee please see our Terms and Conditions.

Return P&P charges
QVC will only pay P&P for the return of damaged items, faulty items, or for those items different from the original order.

Eh??? to the bits I emboldened. So they'll refund you the p&p and then take it off you again? Pardon? What am I missing?

Last edited:
Here's what the QVC website says about returns:

The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product)

so maybe it's reasonable to have a fag while you're poking around the inside of your bag with an old biro to make sure it's in perfect condition;

But this is the bit I don't understand:

Under our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, we will issue a full refund of your order provided that the product is returned in clean condition and in its original packaging. Your refund will consist of the price paid for the products together with the delivery charges.

Products returned under the 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee will be subject to a compensatory charge (normally equal to the delivery charge). We will normally refund you using the same payment method that you used to purchase the products. For further information on our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee please see our Terms and Conditions.

Return P&P charges
QVC will only pay P&P for the return of damaged items, faulty items, or for those items different from the original order.

Eh??? to the bits I emboldened. So they'll refund you the p&p and then take it off you again? Pardon? What am I missing?

Probably some kind of 'legal' tax dodging accounting method.

Been lurking for a while but had to post on this one. Both myself and my daughter have had Kipling bags that clearly had been used. Mine smelled if cigarette smoke and there were biro marks on the lining. How they have the nerve to sell them at full price as new is beyond me. I bought an LG tsv but after reading reviews on others, I decided I would never buy another one from Q. It makes you wonder what they do with earrings that are returned.

Hello Puffin! I too have always wondered what they do with returned earrings - I have heard the presenters in the past say that they are cleaned when returned to the warehouse - but the sceptic in me wonders if they are - or are they just put back on sale? They probably just rub them with a dirty cloth and say 'the job's a good 'un'.

The warehouse employees spit on the earrings and buff them with a leftover Liz Earle cheap bit of muslin gauze...I mean a cleanse and polish cloth. Yeh!

Sounds like they are trying to avoid DSR rules

No, if you state when return something that you're returning it under DSR then they will refund your postage, otherwise they'll assume you're returning it under the 30 day MBG and will deductt the original postage from your refund.

I have heard presenters say that earrings that are returned are melted down! Not too sure if that's correct but I've heard that on numerous occasions.

The whole bag thing was such a disappointment, from my courier who left it "in a secure porch" (actually just by my front door which is completely open to anybody), to the shoddy clear plastic bag the bag was wrapped in to the blue plastic delivery bag! That was before finding the offending items inside!! I also forgot to say that the tissue paper on the inside zip pull had been sellotaped back on so in my opinion the returner had tried to make it look unused. She forgot about the dog hairs and contact lens stuff! She also forgot to pack the dust bag cos that was missing too lol!!!!

I have always looked at the Lulu Guinness sale every year and umm and ahh and never buy anything then always regret it when they've sold out (and subsequently appeared on eBay at a massive mark up)!

I think they must sell the lulu bags in the outlet as there are loads on eBay for quite reduced prices and the sellers always have loads of other 'QVC' items for sale too.

No, if you state when return something that you're returning it under DSR then they will refund your postage, otherwise they'll assume you're returning it under the 30 day MBG and will deductt the original postage from your refund.

Thanks for that info. I did a bit of digging around and found more about distance selling regulations on the Which? site. Also more about your consumer rights on other pages.

I have heard presenters say that earrings that are returned are melted down! Not too sure if that's correct but I've heard that on numerous occasions.

The whole bag thing was such a disappointment, from my courier who left it "in a secure porch" (actually just by my front door which is completely open to anybody), to the shoddy clear plastic bag the bag was wrapped in to the blue plastic delivery bag! That was before finding the offending items inside!! I also forgot to say that the tissue paper on the inside zip pull had been sellotaped back on so in my opinion the returner had tried to make it look unused. She forgot about the dog hairs and contact lens stuff! She also forgot to pack the dust bag cos that was missing too lol!!!!

I have always looked at the Lulu Guinness sale every year and umm and ahh and never buy anything then always regret it when they've sold out (and subsequently appeared on eBay at a massive mark up)!

I think they must sell the lulu bags in the outlet as there are loads on eBay for quite reduced prices and the sellers always have loads of other 'QVC' items for sale too.

I am surprised they let the courier leave it in an open porch as when I wanted to order the red Franka last year they advised me if I was not in to sign for it the courier would not leave the parcel and would only leave with a neighbour if I confirmed the neighbours details when ordering and they would insist on the neighbour having some id for me! I had no intention of asking a neighbour to wait in a few days until Q decide to ship my bag or give them my credit card/passport etc, so I told them to forget it, they seem to forget that some people are out at work all day. In the end I got it from that famous auction site £100 cheaper and brand new condition, £7 first class post from Royal Mail, that put me off buying any LG bags from Q and your experience has discouraged me even more, hope the Tsv is far too expensive for me :mysmilie_19:

Hello Puffin! I too have always wondered what they do with returned earrings - I have heard the presenters in the past say that they are cleaned when returned to the warehouse - but the sceptic in me wonders if they are - or are they just put back on sale? They probably just rub them with a dirty cloth and say 'the job's a good 'un'.

Gems Tv or Gemporia as it is now called say they will not refund for earrings unless they are returned in the sealed bag which is quite a good idea. However I did get pair from them that werent in a sealed bag so they arent as vigilant as they might be. They said I could send them back but I decided to keep them and cleaned them with surgical spirit just in case. I wonder if anything is actually done when they are returned to QVC and if so, who polices it.

Latest posts

Back