What Lessons Have Qvc Taught You?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jill Franks has just reminded me of another one,

Something that's exclusively made for Qvc is rarely a good thing.

That the bottom line for QVC is to make money. Out of me. In any way they can - by exorbitant p&p charges, overpricing, buying up goods as soon as they appear on the market and selling them off much dearer than you can buy them after the initial rush, etc etc.

All of which means I now wait, look, listen, then shop around. I don't buy Decleor and Elemis from QVC any more. I buy Kipling off amazon, Lola Rose from the LR website or ebay, and so on and so on.

I don't trust their review system. I've had too many perfectly reasonable reviews rejected.
I can't rely on them to deliver quickly.
There are cheaper and better value alternatives to just about everything.
I just don't need any more stuff.

No matter how many amazing TSVs/Collections/Sets of creams and cosmetics I purchase at amazing discounts, saving tens of hundreds of pounds (literally), I only have one face, two eyes and a pair of lips to put it all on, i.e, I am buying way too much!!!
TSVs always come back at an Introductory price, which is usually only about a fiver dearer than the QVC price that had certain presenters shrieking and gasping at the launch.

On the plus side, I really love my Cozee home bedding!

Also, thank you QVC for introducing me to Laura Geller and AD Skin Synergy.

And this forum, albeit, unintentionally!! :mysmilie_17:

Jump to the phone in haste and repent at leisure. Just watch and wait because you'll find that the next item is also amaaazing and the one after that even more amaaaaaazing and you will want them all. Sit on your hands and you'll soon find that actually you really don't want any of them, or at least you can figure what you really do want.

Sitting on your hands is very good advice, I did just that this morning when Dale was on with Pam Ayers, she was showing her latest book of poems....I knew someone who would enjoy a laugh at Christmas. QVC were selling it for £13... I got it on Amazon for £9, so much for the QVC buying power.

This time of year all shopping presenters are going to be at there worse, they will be under pressure to sell as much as they can , and with other retailers having great offers atm it will mean the presenters will try any tactic they can to sell to us, And with Qvc getting rid of DG and Julian this year, the presenters will feel that any one is expendable.

Someone on Q`s facebook page complained about the scare tactics regarding the weather ie, its going to be the worst winter on record etc that some presenters were using to make people buy. As the person rightly pointed out this might panic some people especially the elderly.

Good post Autumn. Really enjoying the answers.

QVC have taught me that I sometimes have more money than sense.
QVC have taught me that they know I have sometimes more money than sense.
QVC have taught me that the high street is the personification of all evil.
QVC have taught me that I must plaster myself in lotions and potions, morning, noon and night otherwise I will resemble a shriven up old prune with terrible skin, hair and nails.

However, luckily for me the scales have fallen off the old shriven up eyes, and I have now seen the light mostly thanks to finding this forum. Well some light anyway!

Its taught me that apparently you need a 'special guest' to come on and demonstrate a set of overpriced torches!

Latest posts

Back