I like Qvc Because ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
As some lovely forum member kindly dedicated a thread to me today :hi:, I though id try and do a positive thread about Qvc, So what do we all like about QVC.......

1. I like items being demonstrated on air , I often buy elsewhere however its often due to seeing the item on air and reading the reviews on here that I purchase it, it also works the other way round, items ive desperately wanted but after seeing the demo ive decided its not for me.
2. Qvc has introduced me to ranges I would have never tried or even heard of, Not all have been a success however Yankee candles and SBC are two brands I love and that's thanks to Qvc and of course we always have the 30mbg.
3. Easy pays have been a great help in the past which you don't get anywhere else.
4. There are occasionally some funny moments on air , Like the time Nick smashed the TV, Alison had a cake shoved in her face, and the Vacuum demo that went wrong.
5. Qvc does sometimes have some great offers, The recent Elemis TSV if a prime example of this.
6. It was because of Qvc I found this forum.:mysmilie_3:

LOL this is my first day NOT watching as I want a break from spending money on unessential (but) nice purchases.

I agree with all you say ,Autumn. And I also agree with a lot of the negative stuff posted too, not just by you cos I add to it too. I LOVE this forum and the exchange of information, I have learned a lot both good and bad.

I love that it introduced me to Alpha H, and also this forum, and with the combination of both it gave me the confidence to try Alpha H which has truly changed my skin and life :)

(Oh and the 30 day MBG incase it hadn't have changed my life!!)

Good to see a positive thread, so thanks. Sometimes this forum is so negative, it's depressing!

All that's already been mentioned plus their fantastic customer service (at least it's always been great when I've had a problem).

Although we have a few grumbles, I wouldn't like it if Qvc was no more, I'd miss it.

It makes me chuckle sometimes, and without Q i would never have found this forum, which is the only sort of social media sort of thing that I have ever felt like doing, I never buy anything different or new from Q without coming on here to find out if it is any good first. The forum has encouraged me to try products like RCM, ABC skincare and my slanket, etc. I would really miss Q if it disappeared although I may hate to admit that!

It can be a good way of learning about new products and gadgets.

I like the fact that there is never any bad news on QVC. You know if you tune in you're not going to see graphic pictures of war etc.

The characters on there are fun. The divas, the different personalities, the ridiculous hyping / insincerity and sales overkill can be amusing!

It can be quite comforting, in a strange sort of way.

I like QVC because .....
It reminds me even " beauty experts" can grow older, get bags under their eyes, gain weight and don`t always get their outfits right. This makes me feel better when I`m having a bad hair/skin/dress day.
It reminds me that being stick thin, not listening to people, interrupting and lying through your teeth about just how much you own is not a good thing and doesn`t make you popular. So it makes me a better person.
It reminds me that shrieking isn`t ladylike and my Mother would be so proud of me for finally realising this after she told me over 55 years ago that only fish wives shrieked so to tone down the yelling at my baby brother.
It reminds me that money doesn`t grow on trees unless it`s on easy pays in QVC`s orchard so I`ve learned not to fertilise other peoples plants with it, only my own.
It reminds me the camera never lies unless you`re wearing a small size and then it`s more honest than you`d ever want it to be.
I could go on but suffice to say I LIKE QVC, a lot, it`s taught me so much ....

Ooh, what a lovely thread Autumn - thank you for starting it. I too sometimes get a bid fed up of the negativity (not from you I mean). And this is such a useful forum for getting a heads up on things like TSVs...

I agree with Julius's comments in that I find it a bit like a comfort blanket sometimes! Especially so as I live in Switzerland and so am far from all things UK!! It's nice to hear chat about the weather for example!

1) I find the customer service , in particular when things go wrong with products later on, to be excellent. For example, my Babyliss big hair thing blew up after 8 months or so. So I ran CS and they just said chuck it in the bin and gave the money back. My alternative would have been to go and try and struggle to explain in German what happened and to lose a day of my life trying to get it returned. I have found this on a number of occasions when I ring with a problem that, generally, they are apologetic and cannot do enough to help. To me this is priceless as companies often don't want to know once they have had your money!
2) I like being able to return stuff once I have tried it although that is not really an option whilst I am over here. Especially clothes and shoes when sometimes you need to see what it feels like out and about.
3) I knew absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing!)about skin care before I started watching.
4) I don't like all the fashion stuff but, given the lack of being able to buy fashion magazines over here, it is very useful to have a rough idea of what the current trends are. And then to either bother to follow them or not!
5) I like the Kitchen gadgetry they sell
6) I like how easy it is to order. Compared to my alternatives it is so much more attractive.
7) I like the fact that the presenters and quite often the models are the same over the years. Makes it easier to spot the 'I always use this' type of sales tricks!

Sometimes its just nice to pop it on and hear familiar voices in the background.

This thread has not been exactly inundated with replies. I wonder why. The new poster from the other day should take note. As others have said we are all entitled to our opinion. Thanks Autumn for your efforts.

I was thinking exactly the same, Bettyboo. Odd, that. But I will add a positive note.

I like QVC for its entertainment value. Sometimes when there's nothing else on the box and I don't need to buy anything at all, QVC and the familiar faces will be happily on in the background, filling in that sad gap in my life that needs every moment to be filled with white noise.

Like I said in the earlier thread, they have introduced me to Cozee Home which has had a huge impact on our sleeping comfort.

And as others have said, I like QVC because without it I'd never have found this forum. Thank you one and all - even when our views are diametrically opposed.

Autumn - keep it up. I love your posts so don't go anywhere.

I think the "new" poster was far nastier and negative than anything I have read on here in ages. Do they bother to read and and contribute to this forum in a different name or just copy it?

Don't watch much Q these days and only order on the App and only after checking this forum out first.

My favourite things about Q are the Yankee Candle and Mally shows. I like Ali Young too.

I don't think Autumn is going anywhere Thatu... her posts are really helpful and I enjoy reading them.

This thread has not been exactly inundated with replies. I wonder why. The new poster from the other day should take note. As others have said we are all entitled to our opinion. Thanks Autumn for your efforts.

I would suggest it has not been inundated with replies because most people prefer a moan. No company receives as many letters of thanks and congratulation as complaints, however good their product and service. Similarly, most (I know not all) people come on forums to get something off their chest rather than rave about a product. It is human nature. But you are right, we are all entitled to our opinion and it's good to have an outlet.

I think it is very similar to reviews, people want to give five stars or one star, but not many are motivated if they think a product is just OK. I think this forum is generally pretty polite, with the one recent exception, and not every poster agrees with the negative sentiment on a particular thread (with the exception of Dennis Basso who seems to attract universal opprobrium!!!!).

On a positive note, I found QVC, and therefore AY, a great source of information regarding skin care. I was unaware of serums and primers until I started to watch and then upgrade my skin care products, and it also made me feel more confident about approaching the rather daunting counters in department stores.

The other positive, though not for my bank balance, has been Yankee Candles!!!!!

I like QVC because their call centre is in the UK. I also like knowing that I have a 30 day MBG so I can, if I wish, try items I wouldn't normally be able to. I like the fact that if I am feeling a little lonely I can switch QVC on and there is someone there who can chatter away in the background - even if I am not listening it just feels like you have company. I like the nail brands they offer and I have come to really like Alison Young, even though I am not 'big' into beauty products she often makes me laugh - sometimes with what she is wearing it has to be said. QVC also introduced me to Liz Earle which I love and suits my skin. I know we all like to moan and grumble about QVC sometimes, but I would miss it if it wasn't on air.

I love that it introduced me to Alpha H, and also this forum, and with the combination of both it gave me the confidence to try Alpha H which has truly changed my skin and life :)

(Oh and the 30 day MBG incase it hadn't have changed my life!!)

I agree on both counts. Also discovered Liz Earle, Decleor and Gatineau and now know I can buy with confidence from other places if I want to. I hardly buy any skincare from the high street now and definitely appreciate the quality of the above brands. Have tried some bigger stuff too that I wouldn't have risked from other sources that don't offer the 30 day refund. On the rare occasions I've needed to speak to customer services they were always polite and resolved my issues. I like the freephone too.

I thank qvc enormously for causing us to find this forum which is really invaluable for having a 'kindred spirit moan' and for picking up so many great tips.

Latest posts

Back