Anyone else had this weird problem?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Several weeks ago my new credit card came, old one reached expiry date but basically same card.
I wanted to place an order but had to ring up to do it, computer problem, & did it on the new card. I almost always order online so went into my account to add the new card. It won't accept it! Says the number is already registered to another account! Now, I know this "other" account is definitely my own as I've since ordered over the phone again on it.....very odd. I suppose I'm just going to have to try to sort it with customer services, when I can muster the enthusiasm :call:

Heya! It's probably that the card number is the same but the numbers on the back may have changed, as will the expiry. I have just been sent a new contactless card and can't wait to try it out. I hate putting my PIN in, especially in Asda.

Yes, I had a similar issue (to be honest can't remember the exact details) just over a year ago. I had to phone CS for my next order and then it sorted itself out online after that.

A few weeks ago my bank HSBC cancelled my Debit card because they suspected someone was trying to use it fraudulently.Of course in the mean time I had tried to use it & it was declined.Some of my Q purchases were also declined so when I rang Q I decided to cancel them & rang again to register the new card when it arrived.I don't know the what, where or why the incident had happened to give rise to this.The next day I tried to use my Credit card but that was declined until the bank had phoned me to check it was a transaction from me.
I also use online banking & twice when I have logged off had a screen ( looking official bank!) for my card details.

I don't have a credit card, but when my debit card was updated I rang CS and registered the new details before I ordered anything via the website or via QCut. I had no problems.

I don't have a credit card, but when my debit card was updated I rang CS and registered the new details before I ordered anything via the website or via QCut. I had no problems.

I got caught with an easy pay about two years ago. New debit card, went online and changed card details in fact it was only the start and expiry dates which changed. Then got a letter saying they could not take the final payment and to phone. That is when I was told you need to contact CS and give them the new details. I told the woman in CS but I changed it online!!! She said unfortunately the way QVC system worked you had to also contact CS especially with easy pay.

QVC website, they really are so last century.

The tone of the letter they used to send if your card expired between easy payment was hostile; saying something along the lines that your account was frozen because the payment was overdue, nothing else ordered would be despatched. They didn't threaten to "send the boys round" but it would be simple to phrase it in a way that acknowledges it's the card details that need updating without sounding so hostile!

The way QVC's system works is pretty archaic. You don't get these problems on other sites, just change the details online no problem.

To be fair to QVC, easy pay is a different issue to just updating your credit card details. When you enter into Easy Pay, you are actually authorising a defined number of payments on specific dates against the card used. When your card expires, you need to give express permission for a new authorisation of a payment plan against the new card. These are the rules set out by the Merchant Services companies, not the retailer.

I've had a couple of attempts to use easypay rejected on the website saying the card I'm using will expire before all the payments have been completed. Complete bollox as the card expires in 2015, so I just used a different card (expires in 2014 go figure!). So their YTS web designers had the right idea but couldn't execute it.

I think the customer who updates their card details online kind of thinks that's enough; maybe a little message box could pop up when you update your card on the website asking you to phone CS if there are any easy payments still live. It certainly beats their "don't leave the country you owe us" letter.

To be fair to QVC, easy pay is a different issue to just updating your credit card details. When you enter into Easy Pay, you are actually authorising a defined number of payments on specific dates against the card used. When your card expires, you need to give express permission for a new authorisation of a payment plan against the new card. These are the rules set out by the Merchant Services companies, not the retailer.

But I have no easy pays running so that isn't the reason. It would just not accept a new card being registered for a new order. Said it was already registered to another account....yes...mine!

Latest posts

Back