So, after returning the used Lulu Guinness bag the saga continues...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

run-forest-run!

Registered Shopper
Further from my previous post about receiving a used Lulu Guinness lips Jenny bag on Saturday, the courier arrived to collect it on Monday but I still haven't received my refund yet. I phoned CS this morning and have been told it could take anything up to 10-14 days to get my money back!!!!!

I explained the situation and was told there was nothing she could do, she didn't know if it had been returned into the warehouse or not and the refund would only start to be processed when that had been completed!!!!! So I'm out of pocket by £275 just before Christmas and may have to wait more than another week to get it back!!

That is my absolute finish with QVC now, any other company would be able to refund your money straight away, certainly not take up to 2 weeks to do it!!!!! I am fuming.

My sympathies. I received some faulty Emu boots and was eventually refunded 30 days after the initial purchase date, despite phoning for a return the day I received the boots. It truly is astonishingly poor.

I hope you get your money back before Christmas.

Are you on Facebook RFR? If so post on their page about this, they might be able to speed things up and even if they don't it might make you feel a bit better.

I sent something back to Amazon about 3 weeks ago. I dropped it off at a hermes collect store and as soon as the item was scanned to say they had received it Amazon refunded my bank account and money was there within the hour.

I could have returned an empty box, the item was valued at £250, so not a cheap item.
QVC have a lot to learn from Amazon.

I have posted on the QVC fb site and messages them but doubt ill hear anything from them. This is what I posted -

Just a warning to anyone thinking of ordering a Lulu Guinness bag from QVC...I ordered a red lips Jenny bag last week which arrived on Saturday whilst I was out. It was left in a 'secure porch' by the courier (actually behind a plant pot next to an open to the elements front door!). It was sent in a plastic bag which was disappointing for such an expensive bag, however this wasn't to be the biggest disappointment!!

I opened the package to see there was no tag on the bag, oh well I thought, then no dust bag, strange I thought, then after removing the packaging I found dogs hairs in the bottom of the bag AND an ampule of contact lens solution in the inside pocket!!!!! YES, I WAS SENT A USED BAG AS NEW!!!!!

I immediately contacted CS who were apologetic and arranged a courier to collect on Monday and I requested a full refund plus p&p charges. I phoned CS today to check on my refund and have been told it may take up to another 10-14 DAYS!!!!!

This is outrageous. I can honestly say I am shocked and cannot believe QVC were rated so highly in the recent customer service awards! This was no fault of mine yet I'm the one having to suffer.

Needless to say I will never shop with QVC again.

I would send a formal letter of complaint to the CEO, cc the customer services manager, sales director, marketing director, any other corporate title I could think of. I know that means four stamps but at least you get the point across, all marked private and confidential to try and ensure delivery. I did this once when a firm bu****ed around about a refund (tiny compared to your nightmare) and did get one reply and a cheque. I was determined not to let it drop cos I thought they would assume that I would forget about a small sum and could ignore my calls and emails. Well no, actually, you can't!

Unbelievable. Apart from all the other drama, why do they take so long to refund? Lets be fair ladies and gents, they really are a sh*^e company!!! What other company take 3-4 days to even despatch an item, charge you the earth for the privilege of receiving it damaged and then take a month to refund you?! We wouldn't put up with it from anyone else, why do we continue to shop with Q? :mysmilie_10:

I really hope you get refunded asap RFR. Maybe ring and ask to speak to a Manager.

I would send a formal letter of complaint to the CEO, cc the customer services manager, sales director, marketing director, any other corporate title I could think of. I know that means four stamps but at least you get the point across, all marked private and confidential to try and ensure delivery. I did this once when a firm bu****ed around about a refund (tiny compared to your nightmare) and did get one reply and a cheque. I was determined not to let it drop cos I thought they would assume that I would forget about a small sum and could ignore my calls and emails. Well no, actually, you can't!

THIS! Also send them in pink envelopes if you can get them, more likely to get to the person it's intended for. I remember hearing it somewhere that assistants etc are wary of opening pink (or other coloured) envelopes addressed to CEO's etc.

Reminds me of the farse I had with a Pilates machine, they had it in their warehouse for damn near 2 weeks before refunding me, meanwhile they took the 2nd easy pay while it was sat in their warehouse! Needless to say I was LIVID!

Don't let it drop, stand your ground, out everything in writing, keep copies and fight them all the way.

I returned a Prestigio tablet as, after 6 months, it froze. They said they would refund the money as it was faulty. Hermes collected it and after a week I rang CS and they said it hadnt arrived in back in the warehouse. This went on for over 2 weeks. I was concerned as I didnt want it getting in the wrong hands as there was alot of personal information on it. When I originally ordered it, it was under the same order number as a pair of £14.99 earrings. Yes, youve guessed it, they refunded £14.99 into my bank account. They did eventualky sort it out but I never heard if my tablet ever got back to the warehouse. I cannot understand why it should take so long to make a refund.

Latest posts

Back