Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
On the ad on Q for Saturday Night Gifts it appears old Lawrence has a new home range. He says "In the UK we have a saying. A Briton's home is his castle. "Seems like he has excluded our friends in Northern Ireland. No offence to the Welsh and the Scots, who I am sure love to "dress" their homes a-la-Llewellyn too, but I thought the phrase is "an English man's home is his castle". Why are Q re-writing the phrase book?

True. I also disliked the way he looked straight into the camera and said something along the lines of "I know you like things that are individual to you, and that is what I will be giving you." Er, hardly. You'll be mass producing stuff, probably in the Far East, and then selling it by the thousands.

A Briton is a native of Britain. Therefore he was speaking of everyone in England, Scotland and Wales.

Yes I know that. Hence why I said that NI was excluded as he said it was a UK saying. Plus he has changed the wording of the saying.

I like LLB, always have done and used to like watching him on the series about him and his family. But when he designed a range of papercraft items they bombed dramatically. I think these may go the same way - sorry Lawrence.

Yes I know that. Hence why I said that NI was excluded as he said it was a UK saying. Plus he has changed the wording of the saying.

It's ok. Briton is just the noun for British person, so I (NI person) am included :)

He was actually being inclusive by stretching out the quote a bit :)

I like LLB, always have done and used to like watching him on the series about him and his family. But when he designed a range of papercraft items they bombed dramatically. I think these may go the same way - sorry Lawrence.

I like him too. He comes across as a bit of a good egg - a bonkers good egg though. I didn't really like his taste though on any of the programs, so I would have him tin the house for dinner but not to make it over :)

I prefer him to old Schnozzle Hoppen. With any luck we wont be seeing her for a while, now that she's landed the lucrative contract of interior designing the Beckhams new pad in London. Even down to the pictures, cushions and ornaments apparently. I couldn't bear to come home to planet greige and live where I hadn't contributed so much as a candlestick of my own choice.

Latest posts

Back