Joy Mangano

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Remember her from the good old days, with her rolykits? She was an inventor before Lori Greiner came to QVC UK. Well now the Q are offering an amended version of that product, a set of 2 fabric Organised Options roll up organisers. So, whilst the use of the product is exactly the same as Joy's, any patent would not be infringed because it is material, and not plastic. Never knew why Joy stopped coming over to the Q, as I always thought her products were rather innovative. To make way for Lori, perhaps? I have seen her on many infomercials, so she is still inventing, it seems.

Prolific inventor, don't blame her for leaving Q for HSN:

Miracle Mop
After growing frustrated with ordinary mops, Mangano developed her first invention, the Miracle Mop, a robust plastic mop with head made from a continuous loop of 300 feet of cotton that can be easily wrung out without getting your hands wet. With her own savings and investments from family and friends, she made a prototype and manufactured 100 units. After selling the mop at trade shows and in local stores on Long Island, she sold 1,000 units on consignment to QVC. It sold modestly at first, but once QVC allowed Mangano to go on-air to sell it herself, she sold 18,000 mops in 20 minutes. Ten years later, her company was selling $10 million worth of Miracle Mops per year.

TV Sales
Soon after she began appearing on QVC in 1992, Mangano began spending 120 hours a year on air.[citation needed] She now appears regularly on HSN, and is considered to be HSN's most successful purveyor, with annual sales of more than $150 million. Her hourly sales regularly top $1 million.

Joy sold her company to HSN the other major shopping channel in the US,that's why she stopped going on QVC UK.

I remember her from when I was a kid! I remember her appearing on QVC driving a 4 x 4 vehicle over the roly kit and then opening it to demonstrate that none of the contents were damaged! lol! She must be loaded with all those sales!

We still have 2 yellow rolykits which my children took on holiday with them each year full of tiny toys, crayons, stickers etc. If it didn't fit in the rolykit it didn't come with us, and if they didn't pack it to bring home it was their problem (what a harsh mum I was). We still have 2 of the large jewellery rolykits (not sure if there's anything in them) and DH still uses a small jewellery roykit cube for his cufflinks.

We have the original huggable hangers (bought from HSE - remember that?) and they're waaaaay more sturdy than the QVC ones or the cheaper ones in TKMaxx, Wilkinsons etc.

I really think that if QVC had a credible competitor (with the clout of HSN/HSE) they'd up their game and be less smug and complacent.

I've got one of the rolykits still going strong and a jewellery roly kit too. Good quality items and very useful. I liked Joy a lot.

no lori grenier on qvc wanted some of the silver letter jewellery boxes cant find them

We still have a bright green rolykit for DH nails, screws etc. Holds loads of things.

I still have two of the original rolykits in a cupboard, quite big yellow things. I can't remember the last time I opened them so I have no idea what treasures (rubbish) is in there. LOL

Latest posts

Back