Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know someone who was at one point considering showing a product they distribute in the UK on QVC. It was up to them to get a guest to present the product etc. They didn't do it in the end. Too much hassle finding the right person paying wages etc.

I know someone who was at one point considering showing a product they distribute in the UK on QVC. It was up to them to get a guest to present the product etc. They didn't do it in the end. Too much hassle finding the right person paying wages etc.

Thankyou Donna, I always wondered how they chose the guests. I would have thought Molton Brown, would have chosen someone who already worked for the company, not someone who says they use the products and has the most awful voice!

I may be interested in a TSV but when I can buy from John Lewis and pick it up from Waitrose I will stick to that or mb wbsite

Plus if you spend over £35 you get free gifts on their website......in addition to the free P&P today

10pm show only lasted 30mins , so much for it not being very popular ..... :mysmilie_59:

I watched the 10pm show and was amazed at how quickly the products sold. Whilst it's nice to have them back on Q I won't be buying this time round. When they left Q last time my purchasing didn't follow the brand into their stores. I used to get really excited about the Christmas TSV's but then ended up not using them because I just got bored with the brand. I think I stopped liking the brand when they stopped doing make up. I much prefer L'Occitane.

When I was growing up in my parents house my Mum always bought the L'Occitane & Molton Brown TSVs. She use to get very excited for the Christmas MB one. And last night she was texting me asking if I thought they would have one this year again, now it's back.

I watched last night's show and although I liked when MB was on QVC last and I have had a few items from the shop since, I'm not bought regularly (I have hand wash at the moment, but apart from that it's all been presents I have been given).

Does anyone know why MB left QVC in the first place? I'm a bit wary about this.
I heard last night that they are a British brand, with the factory in the UK also, and that they have been given the royal approval and certified that they don't test on animals, this all sounds great, but there has to be a catch somewhere right? Like SLSs or parabens in the products maybe?

The guest said all items are paraben free on last nights show, but I'm pretty sure the foaming products do use SLS.

As for why they left in the first place, apparently when MB were bought out by another company, they thought QVC was too 'low brow' for MB to appear

Was really happy to hear they have been awarded the Leaping Bunny. Have never understood the hype over MB to be honest, but having bought L'Occitane in the past I may now try this as a treat purchase (have been sensible for a while and not paying more than a couple of quid for shower gel!!)

Yes, they use SLS as a foaming agent.

They are owned by a Japanese company(they do the British thing with Penhaligons who are now owned by a US Company), when they bought MB they decided QVC was not the way to go with the company. In other words not high end enough for them.

I didn't see any of the show as I forgot about it.

Many on Facebook got very excited about it coming back, you would have thought it was the second coming instead of bubble bath.

So is there actually anything wrong with SLSs?

It depends really.
It's a really cheap detergent that was originally used as an oil degreaser in vehicle workshops etc which eventually found it's way into shower gels etc. (Most toothpaste contains it as well which surprised me when I first heard).

Most people are fine with it, but if you're allergic, it does cause extreme itching after using.
According to Debbie Flint, her daughter had extreme eczema, which cleared up after starting to use Liz Earle shower gels, but who knows, could be just a sales ploy for all we know. It does make sense though I suppose?

So is there actually anything wrong with SLSs?

Not unless you have uber-sensitive skin, as Mr Marple pointed out. It appears to me one of those bandwagons that people have jumped upon without understanding the science behind it - a bit like gluten free!

Latest posts

Back