Prestigio 'Well Respected'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Charlie Brooks has just presented the launch of the Prestigio Quad Core Tablet and said it was a well respected brand!! Well not in my opinion. I bought a Prestigio Tablet on TSV last October and its rubbish. I thought it was ok until I saw the type of quality my friends had with similar priced products. I cannot stand to use it anymore for surfing the internet because to say it is slow is an understatement. It keeps freezing and when it does decide to download stuff it takes an age. The sound quality is terrible. I just tend to use it for playing games but they keep freezing for no reason. Seriously, if I need to look up anything quick on the internet I use my laptop because it will do it 40 times faster. All I am saying is BEWARE of the hard sell today!!! Do your research carefully!!!!!!

Prestigio isn't well respected at all , ive never heard of them before appearing on QVC a this year and there well a lot of complaints about the other tablets they have bought to QVC.

Well respected is a brand that has been going for many years and has many happy customers.

I am so GLAD that I am a member of this forum I was just watching the replay of the TSV launch and was about to order this.
I have been looking for a reasonably priced tablet for ages now and have held back on any that Ideal world have been offering as they seem to be to good to be true and thought that this one while being twice the price of the Ideal ones might be just what I was looking for.
I will be saving my money now and having a look at the tablet Aldi are offering today for £79.00 I know they give good customer services and a 3 year guarantee.

I bought one for OH's Christmas present last year and we've had excellent use out of it. On what I know, I'd recommend Prestigio.

Personally would not touch cheaper tablets you get what you pay for, i was lucky enough to buy the new apple mini retina and it is superb but like everything else its down to what you can afford.

GUS great Universal Shopping websites sell Prestigio tablets as one of their cheaper range, far below the ones of other well known brands and having looked them a year ago, found the prices on QVC not much different. Considering catalogues bump up prices, think this says so much about QVC's prices :/

I bought the previous Prestigio tablet and have to say I was very happy with it. However I found I had to reset it quite often and then after 6 months it completely froze. Nothing could done so Q gave me a full refund cause they didn't have any in stock. I was quite pleased as I didn't really want another one. I bought a Samsung instead and its fine.

If you're not a big Archos fan - I don't respect the brand at all - don't go for this; Prestigio and Archos formed a partnership, with a view to producing the tablet. Without the Archos input, I wouldn't buy any Prestigio product, as probably 95% of opinions of the brand have been negative.

I bought this tablet as a previous TSV, probably almost a year ago.

Firstly, the spec of this one is much better, particularly the screen, which I think is almost up to ipad retina standard. The price is much better than anyone else I can find BUT MAKE SURE ANY OTHERS HAVE THE 2048 X 1536 SCREEN, even Amazon is £215 without case or memory card.

Now, here is my personal experience of my previous one. I was disappointed, as screen was not very sensitive, it took ages to boot up, and it froze sometimes. I sent it back and bought an ipad like everyone told me to, at over twice the price.

Then I found with my ipad - - - - - screen was not very sensitive, it took ages to boot up, and it froze sometimes!!!!

So I would be tempted if I wanted another 10 inch tablet.

BTW I've just bought a Hudl from Tesco. Guess what - - - - - - screen was not very sensitive, it took ages to boot up, and it froze sometimes

And I forgot to say - - - - the ipad has no connectivity, can't put in extra memory, can't connect to USB, can't connect to TV.

Mad Max - John Lewis (2 year guarantee) Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" £179. Better than the ipad mini in tech tests! They also do a 7" and a 10" but the 8" is the better performer. All run on android and so simple to use and customise. And best still, you don't need to use iTunes to transfer stuff from your laptop! I wouldn't advise paying less for a tablet - they will be very slow, unresponsive and will probably only last 4 months.

I've lost count of the 'designers', 'well known' brands and 'labels' that appear on Q across their spectrum of products, that I've never heard of.

not good value at £200 , as mentioned galaxy tab for same more although a bit smaller

Well each to their own as far as i am concerned my ipad mini is brilliant and it can be connected to tv via adaptor which i use and watch tv and runs a smooth a silk but he ho who cares i am happy.

Well each to their own as far as i am concerned my ipad mini is brilliant and it can be connected to tv via adaptor which i use and watch tv and runs a smooth a silk but he ho who cares i am happy.

Is that the adapter that costs £99?

I had to pay £30 for an adapter just to connect mine to my Bose Soundock!

OH has the Microsoft surface and loves it. It`s a 10" tablet with an attachable keyboard which is about the thickness of a piece of cardboard so the tablet doubles as a mini laptop too. Its been on offer for £269 which granted is more than some 10" tablets but much cheaper than the new 10" Ipads. You can also attach the keyboard which folds over the tablet to make a case. It updates the spec automatically when you use it and all in all he`s chuffed with it.

The adaptor cost for the mini cost £39 but i expected that with apple but i like it, i think you have to buy an adaptor for the more expensive android tablets now but not sure about that.

Latest posts

Back