Laura Geller Containers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

neelia

Registered Shopper
I really like LG make up but I think that the containers are crap!

I have very rarely had a make up container break on me but several of LGs have. The main thing is the clear plastic in the lid comes unstuck. I have the lip and eye spackle but because the box came apart, I now no longer know which one is which. Anyone know which is the darker one and which the lighter - lips or eyes.

I have very rarely had a make up container break on me but several of LGs have. The main thing is the clear plastic in the lid comes unstuck. I have the lip and eye spackle but because the box came apart, I now no longer know which one is which. Anyone know which is the darker one and which the lighter - lips or eyes.

I have the tub of eye spackle in the fair shade. It has a different texture to the lip spackle. The eye spackle has a silky feel and the finger glides over the top like you are lightly passing your finger over butter. It is sheer, almost glossy to the touch. The lip spackle texture is far more matte to the touch, and thicker and not at all silky or sheer. Imagine putting concealer on your lips. That is the texture of lip spackle. Hope this helps.

I have them both and the lip spackle is the darker one. If you have the little round pots and the lids are broken, you will find it is also marked underneath the pot as well.

Maybe I've just been unlucky but I have seven broken LG make up items.
Thanks for helping me to differentiate between the speckles :)

I keep going for an eyeliner (either Mally or LG) and in the eye pencil "caps" are gone, and usually the liner colour too. I don't recall being particularly casual about these, but clearly I am doing something wrong. I have perfect ones at home, but the ones in my work travel bag are always useless...

I agree that the packaging is a bit dodgy. I have often had mirrors becoming unstuck and on a few items the clear plastic part of the lid has cracked like sun rays but not enough to actually open up. strange. but i still love my LG stuff

I must be lucky I haven't had any problems with my lids on any of my Lg but I don't take them house as a rule, they stay on my tabletop so they don't get any touch treatment in my bag. Sounds like they could do with a little pouch bag if you know what I mean to protect them if you put them in your bag.

i learnt early doors not to take LG out baked products outs and about with me after a B&B exploded upon opening, most of it falling into my handbag. On the plus side I actually got to see the terracotta pan that she keeps telling us about lol

Sadly the bag was well out of the 30 day MBG or given QVC past record, some lucky customer could have gotten two for the price of one lol

I think the old compacts for B&B & the blushers were much better, the ones without the see through window. The lids were stronger, the plastic seemed different, thicker & tougher, the mirror was bigger, filling the whole of the lid. These half mirrors are less than useless.

I agree Breeze about the old laura geller compacts, I still have a bronzer and blusher in this type and they are very strong and have a robust feel about them. I have a general theory about all product manufactuers. Once they hit on a good product and it is popular, then they will try and make more profit on it by reducing the quality of the components/packaging etc. Theory based on various products around my home - eg. the Zanussi fridge freezer, of 24 years, still going strong - would love a big american type one, but the zanussi isnt for giving up!! My husband regularly fixes the electronics in things that have gone wrong, and he says the components are very poor quality in some stuff.

Yes the containers I am talking about are those for the shadows and the new ones for the B&B's. The old B&B containers seem pretty well indestructible.

You're so right about electrical goods, Reflexgirl.
I had a Jackson Topline cooker, new when we married. It was still going strong thirty four years later with just a new ring now & again. Then my husband decided a small range one would be better so we bought a Cannon one. Four years later & it's already on the blink, casing going rusty & one ring that heats up when the mood takes it whether the control is on or off.

I haven't had any breakages but that tiny winsy little mirror they put in B&B is completely useless! It's not even big enough for lip gloss and is always covered in B&B dust anyway. Waste of money adding it. Give us a few grams of extra product instead please.

Latest posts

Back