These so-called "old-school" jewellery avalanches...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I've seen Steve "Trust me, and you'll be rewarded" McDonald conduct them in the past couple of weeks and they're nothing like the "avalanches" of old. Previously, the price that the previous item sold for would be put on screen right at the start of the next item and would start falling immediately. With McDonald you get no price on screen (he is the worst offender on the channels in regard to this particular tactic), and it wasn't shown until a good many had been sold, then, after another length of time, the price eventually starts to fall !

Now we all know that the prices even in the original version of this type of selling are all pre-determined, but McDonald's selling methods make the practice look even more shoddy - I'll be checking in this week to see if he pulls the same scam.

How people buy with no price on screen is baffling. I know they have an idea of the price, being lower than the one previously but this can be only 1p less.

A few times I've watched Steve 'trust me' Mac reel em in on a jewellery sale and I've actually shouted out 'ouch'. Spose you can always say 'forget it' when they phone you back.

Saw Cazza earlier with a real diamond mirror finish pendant. She was astonished it was only £1. I wasn't, I predicted it and thought it was perhaps 99p too much at that!

MacDonald has a suit and tie on, we know what that means.

You've been warned :bandit::bandit::bandit:

I like the way he says "You're playing a blinder Price Droppers/Bidders" when the item doesn't seem to be selling fast enough :D

More jewellery avalanche on bidtv again with james russell, seriously how much more jewellery does one person need.
Probably overstocked again.

this so called jewellery jeopardy is a complete and utter farce, it's no different to any other night except the products have been put in a particular order
'we don't know how much the prices will be' what a crock of sh1t, of course they know
'we did not expect the last 2 items to go anywhere near the price they went for' yeah right, of course you didn't James
they're also using the clock - but obviously that's only to hurry James along!!

this so called jewellery jeopardy is a complete and utter farce, it's no different to any other night except the products have been put in a particular order
'we don't know how much the prices will be' what a crock of sh1t, of course they know
'we did not expect the last 2 items to go anywhere near the price they went for' yeah right, of course you didn't James
they're also using the clock - but obviously that's only to hurry James along!!

More imaginative games are needed, the producers ideas have become stale. Maybe they could extend Lisa'a Secret Santa and we have to guess ALL the products?

Or maybe they could mime them? Or maybe they could re-imagine Dirty Peter's 1980's gameshow into a sale?

And of course they have Quiz Call veteran Mike Mason on hand. I'm sure he must have some very, very, very imaginative game ideas.

Avalanche.....They're supposed to cram lets say 5 items into half an hour. Item no. 1 is fairly decent, he's got 2 of them up for grabs, it goes for £120, item no. 2 is an absolute crock o' shite and usually retails on the channel for about £12...mmmm, now how can they possibly drop from £100 to £12 without it looking a bit "suspect" - Technical issues?..nah we did that the last three times..oooohh I can hear the producer in my ear, he's saying we're running out of time, and you know what that means don't you viewers?...."we're lowering the prices!" Me rattling on too much on the last item has meant some real bargains for you!" quick pause as crappy item sells for £12, out comes a slightly more crappy item again goes for about a tenner....producer in earpiece...."Ooh I'm doing it again, you know what that means - Shock as gold plated item of tat drops down to £4.99. Funny to watch though, I have to say!

They're always short of time, running out of time, 'I have still got xx items to do in xx minutes'

They always seem to finish their shifts bang on though

But they don't ever put undue pressure on the viewer though Momma because, of course, they're not allowed to do that :mysmilie_15:

Caroline's quite bad for that.........'come on now, quick, quick, quick, I don't want you to miss out'

Poor Caroline, she's poorly unwell with a cough and cold.

Get well soon Cazza, and don't you be a martyr and rush your recovery.

Please :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back