Counting down the clock...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

absolutelydelicious!

Registered Shopper
I don't know why this annoys me so much, but why do the presenters ( Sally Jaxx and Peter Sherlock in particular) insist on counting us down.

IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IRRITATING!!!:mysmilie_51:

I don't know why this annoys me so much, but why do the presenters ( Sally Jaxx and Peter Sherlock in particular) insist on counting us down.

It could be construed as heaping pressure on the viewer to get in quickly before the stock runs out (which is usually laughable). Not that they'll ever admit it of course.

On a side note Gollum claims the clock it's merely a guide for him to know when to move on. Then again, he claims a lot of things.

lol he sure does. I like his scaremongering stories and retching when he wears his tight red shirt!!!!

With Sally in particular when she runs out of things to say she counts down the clock, if it was a couple its fine but she'll count down from 60 to 40 in about 3 seconds, really irritating!!!!!

Almost annoying as....... ''can we stop the music for a second''

lol he sure does. I like his scaremongering stories and retching when he wears his tight red shirt!!!!

With Sally in particular when she runs out of things to say she counts down the clock, if it was a couple its fine but she'll count down from 60 to 40 in about 3 seconds, really irritating!!!!!

Almost annoying as....... ''can we stop the music for a second''

Can we stop the music = shady producer screaming 'get the ****** tatt sold, NOW!':mysmilie_14:

It could be construed as heaping pressure on the viewer to get in quickly before the stock runs out (which is usually laughable). Not that they'll ever admit it of course.

On a side note Gollum claims the clock it's merely a guide for him to know when to move on. Then again, he claims a lot of things.

Funny how he always ends up behind...

Indeed.

Mind you, he does spend a lot of time lecturing although I personally find his advices both thought provoking and poignant.

I can really see him being calm, controlled and polite if you shunted into his car and had no insurance.

I always assumed it was because they run out of bollocks to say.

The Bid TV equivalent of mentioning the weather, maybe?

Brash was doing the manic counting down the quantity thingy, right down from around 150 to zero, she could barely keep up as the silver earrings for £1 were flying out.

Sadly she seemed far too busy counting down than having the common decency to tell people to stop calling when they must have knew the point they had more than enough callers for a sellout. Charming.

Brash was doing the manic counting down the quantity thingy, right down from around 150 to zero, she could barely keep up as the silver earrings for £1 were flying out.

Sadly she seemed far too busy counting down than having the common decency to tell people to stop calling when they must have knew the point they had more than enough callers for a sellout. Charming.

Lets please give her some credit Miss Wirall - It took the presenter many extra hours of reharsal time and 'practise into mirror technique' to learn and perfect her countdown from 150 to zero lines..

Lets please give her some credit Miss Wirall - It took the presenter many extra hours of reharsal time and 'practise into mirror technique' to learn and perfect her countdown from 150 to zero lines..

She was very out of breath, talking that fast isn't conducive with a 40 a day voice like Lisa's :mysmilie_14:

OMG it annoys me too. A real switch over moment! Jacks is the worst for it but they all have a go at it!

Latest posts

Back