What presenters irritate you and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

absolutelydelicious!

Registered Shopper
1) Caroline Lyndsey, the general frumpiness, the sweeping her fringe to one side every 2 seconds, the rictus grin and tilting head, and bringing her disabled brother and 900 godchildren into every story

2) Mike Mason, goddess/son stories, scaremongering, generally just being annoying

3) Liana Wall, seems like a nice girl, but her one 'rabbit in the headlights' facial expression grates on me a bit

4) James Russell, dressing like a spiv, the way he says 'wow'

5) Sally Jaxx, general screeching and getting dead close to the camera

6) Peter Simon, unable to finish one sentence before starting another, claiming they are losing their shirts with every item

7) Peter Sherlock, every beauty product they have on he is currently using, the way he spritzes himself with the fragrances makes me feel ill, and the way he taps moisturiser into his skin.

Feel better now!:mysmilie_13:

The only presenters who don't annoy me are:-

Andy Hodgson - he's honest
Debbie Greenwood - she's new
Chris Birkett - he's leaving

The rest of them fit into a sliding scale of merely boring/pointless to downright grotesque with Mason, Russell and Dirty Peter firmly in the latter category.

I'd like to give the reasoning behind my thinking but my iPad only has 43% charge left, it would conk out before I finished.

Miss Sally Jaxx - Simply because she is a faux expert.

for example. earlier on there was a jumper of which they had the sizes ... M, L and XL. Now I do not think it was a coincidence that due to the limited stock, the jumpers magically because larger in fit ''go on... try it....you have til january'' yeah why not try it... it's only a £7.99 experiment gone wrong when it comes out she was talking bollocks.

I am aware that Mondays at 3pm are rife for this, but dirty peter and elisa are always (rightly) pulled up on this.... yet sally fecking jaxx always goes under the radar.

Atleast Dirty Peter is somewhat entertaining and vile. She is just vile.

The only presenters who don't annoy me are:-

Andy Hodgson - he's honest
Debbie Greenwood - she's new
Chris Birkett - he's leaving

The rest of them fit into a sliding scale of merely boring/pointless to downright grotesque with Mason, Russell and Dirty Peter firmly in the latter category.

I'd like to give the reasoning behind my thinking but my iPad only has 43% charge left, it would conk out before I finished.

Shame on you not using a Yarvik tablet! :grin:

I'm pretty much of the same opinion. Although I do like Adam Heppenstall as well (don't see him very often).

Annie the model is lovely as well and is very professional - god help her working with that lot :mysmilie_13:

Sally annoys me the most and she used to be my second favourite!

The constant high-pitched shrieking and mock shock face drive me up the wall. Can't watch her for long now. And she's far too loud. Even on mute.

She shrieked massively tonight with Charlie and he was totally thinking 'WTF!'. My dog left the room.

There is always the off button. Seriously, why do you guys subject yourself to hour after hour of something you claim to dislike so much? It baffles me. Do you have these conversations in real life?
"What did you do yesterday?"
"I watched 4 hours of bid tv then went on a forum to say how crap it was"

Sally annoys me the most and she used to be my second favourite!

The constant high-pitched shrieking and mock shock face drive me up the wall. Can't watch her for long now. And she's far too loud. Even on mute.

She shrieked massively tonight with Charlie and he was totally thinking 'WTF!'. My dog left the room.

Most of them seem extra over the top of late Pola. Maybe it's the Christmas spirit:mysmilie_59:

LisaB used to really irritate me but I've been watching her this morning reading tweets and talking about herself. She showed her short haircut pic and her long wig she's having made and even showed her new MJ tatt which hasn't been shown in.....oh....must be hours now.

She's full of herself and yet I watched her for quite a while this morning, she engrossed me :mysmilie_466:

Salleh annoys me and she needs a makeover with that hair

LisaB used to really irritate me but I've been watching her this morning reading tweets and talking about herself. She showed her short haircut pic and her long wig she's having made and even showed her new MJ tatt which hasn't been shown in.....oh....must be hours now.

She's full of herself and yet I watched her for quite a while this morning, she engrossed me :mysmilie_466:

Salleh annoys me and she needs a makeover with that hair

I suppose if (like me) someone is a fan of Lisa then her shifts are brilliant because, as you say, she genuinely does endlessly talk about herself.

And who can blame her?

There is always the off button. Seriously, why do you guys subject yourself to hour after hour of something you claim to dislike so much? It baffles me. Do you have these conversations in real life?

because it's so bad it's good! It's like watching a classic B-movie. :mysmilie_14:

I suppose if (like me) someone is a fan of Lisa then her shifts are brilliant because, as you say, she genuinely does endlessly talk about herself.

And who can blame her?

Someone tweeted her that they needed to have a bath but wondered when her cape was coming up, they didn't want to miss it. Lisa told her to take her bath and tweet her when she was out, then she'd do the cape lol

Where else can you get service like that? and with such a hideous cape :mysmilie_17:

Someone tweeted her that they needed to have a bath but wondered when her cape was coming up, they didn't want to miss it. Lisa told her to take her bath and tweet her when she was out, then she'd do the cape lol

Where else can you get service like that? and with such a hideous cape :mysmilie_17:

Indeed Momma, OK it was her Mam who tweeted but who cares?

Oh was it her Mam? :mysmilie_19:

In that case, it really does have a nice 'family' feel

I was just speculating, it seems Lisa's shifts are mostly for her and the Brash clans convenience so it wouldn't surprise me.

It would make sense though, despite only getting £120 a week she seems to buy everything so delaying the sale would be prudent.

i could also then go on to ask... why would someone go onto a internet forum purely to complain at the people who watch it just to complain.

And it would go round in circles

From 3pm we have the honourable 'jeweller' James Russell, the reserved 'fashionista' Sally Jacks and, quite simply, The Dirty Peter.

Nothing too annoying about that trio of triffic treats. Happy Christmas guys :mysmilie_14:

i could also then go on to ask... why would someone go onto a internet forum purely to complain at the people who watch it just to complain.

And it would go round in circles

Except that I haven't just come on here to complain as a check of my brief posting history will testify. What I have observed in my short time here is a core of regular posters who spend by their own account hour after hour after hour watching Bid followed by hour after hour after hour complaining about it here. I just find that sort of behaviour a bit curious to be honest, it's as though they're secretly ashamed of watching it and have to pretend to be viewing solely with the intention of reporting infractions to the ASA to justify to themselves the time that could've been better spent elsewhere. I freely admit to enjoying Bid and yes I agree a lot of it is car crash tele that can be cringe making, but that's part of why I watch. What I don't do is pretend to be a consumer affairs champion with a critical eye on Mis selling and false claims by the presenters. Let's face it, Bid aren't alone in the retail world in making inflated claims for their products and using sharp practice and anyone who buys a product from them that's cheaper on ebay and who fails to see the call and post charges emblazoned on the screen throughout is almost asking for it in my book. Caveat emptor I say but that's another story.

The guy from iMedia was just showing a car racing game to put the device throughout it's paces and demonstrate it's fabulous processor power, all for £70.

The tablet stuck and became unresponsive. They quickly slapped a still caption on screen :mysmilie_14:

But he did get it to work eventually.

Except that I haven't just come on here to complain as a check of my brief posting history will testify. What I have observed in my short time here is a core of regular posters who spend by their own account hour after hour after hour watching Bid followed by hour after hour after hour complaining about it here. I just find that sort of behaviour a bit curious to be honest, it's as though they're secretly ashamed of watching it and have to pretend to be viewing solely with the intention of reporting infractions to the ASA to justify to themselves the time that could've been better spent elsewhere. I freely admit to enjoying Bid and yes I agree a lot of it is car crash tele that can be cringe making, but that's part of why I watch. What I don't do is pretend to be a consumer affairs champion with a critical eye on Mis selling and false claims by the presenters. Let's face it, Bid aren't alone in the retail world in making inflated claims for their products and using sharp practice and anyone who buys a product from them that's cheaper on ebay and who fails to see the call and post charges emblazoned on the screen throughout is almost asking for it in my book. Caveat emptor I say but that's another story.

i wouldn't know how to make an official complaint, even if i wanted to lol

Latest posts

Back