Stop saying "Well Done" aaaarghh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
I wish the presenters would stop saying "well done" and "good work" when someone comes in to buy something. OMG they haven't won anything, they've essentially walking into a shop and bought an item! Can you imagine nipping into Tesco (other supermarkets are available :p) and getting to the checkout, paying for your milk, crusty rolls and some pjyamas, and after you've paid, the girl says "well done sir, good work!". Drives me up the wall.

It's the same philosophy as tipping a taxi driver. You'd be a bit shocked if someone ahead of you leaving the plane said "can I just nip into the Pilots cabin and tip him 50p love?" :p

Got to go into Argos today are buy something, I'm damn well hoping the guy serving me remembers to tell me I've done "Fantastic work!" once I've paid him :p perhaps I'll tip him tuppence while I'm there :)

I wish the presenters would stop saying "well done" and "good work" when someone comes in to buy something. OMG they haven't won anything, they've essentially walking into a shop and bought an item! Can you imagine nipping into Tesco (other supermarkets are available :p) and getting to the checkout, paying for your milk, crusty rolls and some pjyamas, and after you've paid, the girl says "well done sir, good work!". Drives me up the wall.

It's the same philosophy as tipping a taxi driver. You'd be a bit shocked if someone ahead of you leaving the plane said "can I just nip into the Pilots cabin and tip him 50p love?" :p

Got to go into Argos today are buy something, I'm damn well hoping the guy serving me remembers to tell me I've done "Fantastic work!" once I've paid him :p perhaps I'll tip him tuppence while I'm there :)

I find it strange, it's almost as if they are suggesting you have won a prize!

But being fair to Bid all the shopping channels do it. We are off to do our christmas food shop tomorrow, as you say I wonder if the checkout operator will congratulate us on buying a shedload of stuff that will probably end up binned? (now that IS like Bid) :mysmilie_14:

I think the reason they say it is because they think the stuff they're selling on the channels is so exclusive and hard to come by, especially at such low prices that you've done so well it deserves mention! Anyone can go into Marks and Spencer and buy themselves a jumper, but can everybody claim to be able to get themselves an exclusive Tommy and Kate boutique jumper for a mere £14.99 and then add another mere £7.99 to have it delivered to your door...well done indeed!

I think the reason they say it is because they think the stuff they're selling on the channels is so exclusive and hard to come by, especially at such low prices that you've done so well it deserves mention! Anyone can go into Marks and Spencer and buy themselves a jumper, but can everybody claim to be able to get themselves an exclusive Tommy and Kate boutique jumper for a mere £14.99 and then add another mere £7.99 to have it delivered to your door...well done indeed!

Ah yes Merry but you have to expect to pay for exclusivity. Dirty Peter often says nobody else will have the same item.

Haven't BSkyB got 10 million customers? Virgin Media 4 million, Freesat, Freeview..............

I couldn't agree more.

You never see qvc or ideal world talking like making a purchase is a competition.

It's things like that, that pressure people into potentially stupid decisions

Latest posts

Back