Can we talk about "our Bet".....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stunning!

Registered Shopper
The more i listen to Peter's life the more i get concerned... for example..

The worry angels.."when you're sitting not only alone, not only in the depths of despair... who can you talk too...":mysmilie_11:

Faux Fur throw... "in the evenings its not only cold, I sit there with this not only around my body but over my head as well,... sipping my hot chocolate...":mysmilie_13:

and finally "our Bet".....

what is all that about... he's goes on about "Our Bets a uk size 24 blah blah blah.... "Our Bet loves this.... "I hope our Bet's watching this.... " :mysmilie_51:

where was she when he's clutching his angel in despair and covered in his faux fur throw????:mysmilie_12:

Maybe it's his next door neighbour and she pops round

But then the other day he said something about her coming downstairs wearing her underwear

And she's a 44DD he said, bit too familiar to be a neighbour.........no, it's back to the drawing board

Andy the other night introduced Peter by saying "Next up is Peter Simon, who no doubt has stories of Maude & Bet and other people who exist only in his head..."

They're made up characters.

Andy the other night introduced Peter by saying "Next up is Peter Simon, who no doubt has stories of Maude & Bet and other people who exist only in his head..."

They're made up characters.

I believe Bet exists, Peter isn't the kind of man to make stories up just to flog the tatt.

Surely he wouldn't suggest he saw her proudly sporting her thermal underwear unless perhaps he likes to talk gusset?

He hasn't mentioned "Our Karen from Rochdale" in quite a while - has he forgotten about her?

I think I believe him when he mentions his mother living in Droitwich/Kidderminster(can't remember which one) - that one might be true!

He hasn't mentioned "Our Karen from Rochdale" in quite a while - has he forgotten about her?

I think I believe him when he mentions his mother living in Droitwich/Kidderminster(can't remember which one) - that one might be true!

He mentioned, I think it was, 'our Jenny and the grandson Paul' the other day when he was selling some disney character fleeces.

The other day he came up with 'our Daisy' who, he opined, 'would love to crawl' on the fleece he was flogging.
It was a creepy, unsettling moment.

The other day he came up with 'our Daisy' who, he opined, 'would love to crawl' on the fleece he was flogging.
It was a creepy, unsettling moment.

I bet 'our Maude' nearly choked on her Battenburg :D

An interesting article about him & his book that is now supposedly almost complete :

http://metro.co.uk/2009/10/27/peter-simon-637122/

Well worth the read.

There's no doubt Peter likes men but I don't know if he is gay.

I was more surprised by his comment 'Once Ashley Faull, who runs Bid-Up.tv, had secured me from the BBC'

Who does he think he's kidding? Surely the BBC boat had long, long, long since sailed by 2001? And all the other shopping channels wanted him? And he's said I'm A Celebrity wanted him too? Whatever.

Next he'll be saying they want him as a judge on The X Factor :mysmilie_13: So I wonder if he ever finished his book as that article is over 4 years old or whether it's another in a long list of things he said he was going to do that never happened (Parachute Jump, The Bake Off, The Charity Auction).

What a strange man.

There's no doubt Peter likes men but I don't know if he is gay.

I was more surprised by his comment 'Once Ashley Faull, who runs Bid-Up.tv, had secured me from the BBC'

Who does he think he's kidding? Surely the BBC boat had long, long, long since sailed by 2001? And all the other shopping channels wanted him? And he's said I'm A Celebrity wanted him too? Whatever.

Next he'll be saying they want him as a judge on The X Factor :mysmilie_13: So I wonder if he ever finished his book as that article is over 4 years old or whether it's another in a long list of things he said he was going to do that never happened (Parachute Jump, The Bake Off, The Charity Auction).

What a strange man.

not so much strange as vile, revolting and dark with a sinister side IMO
his lady friends have to be fictitious surely? maybe for effect to appeal to a certain demographic? heaven forbid they should find out what he's really like!!

not so much strange as vile, revolting and dark with a sinister side IMO
his lady friends have to be fictitious surely? maybe for effect to appeal to a certain demographic? heaven forbid they should find out what he's really like!!

Surely the mans sexuality is his own business? Openly mocking someone for not coming out is very lunpleasant. I'm sorry you have a problem with gay people, but fortunately not everyone is as out of touch with their views.

Surely the mans sexuality is his own business? Openly mocking someone for not coming out is very lunpleasant. I'm sorry you have a problem with gay people, but fortunately not everyone is as out of touch with their views.

No, she is saying that bid probably think their core audience (the elderly) are homophobic, so peter simon is encouraged to pretend he has a wife.

No, she is saying that bid probably think their core audience (the elderly) are homophobic, so peter simon is encouraged to pretend he has a wife.

thanks for getting my back there mr tom, much appreciated
and of course you're absolutely right, I'm suggesting that his intended demographic might be a little upset to realise he truth behind the façade
it has nothing whatsoever to do with his sexuality (I couldn't care less) but it has everything to do with him being a vile, nasty, revolting person
it clearly shows your intelligence and understanding mr tom that you do not jump to conclusions, you actually read a post and pose a considered reply
such a shame not everyone is blessed with your intelligence

thanks for getting my back there mr tom, much appreciated
and of course you're absolutely right, I'm suggesting that his intended demographic might be a little upset to realise he truth behind the façade
it has nothing whatsoever to do with his sexuality (I couldn't care less) but it has everything to do with him being a vile, nasty, revolting person
it clearly shows your intelligence and understanding mr tom that you do not jump to conclusions, you actually read a post and pose a considered reply
such a shame not everyone is blessed with your intelligence

Hopefully only super intuitive intelligent people read your post as I fear to thick people like me you come across as being homophobic.

Hopefully only super intuitive intelligent people read your post as I fear to thick people like me you come across as being homophobic.

I'd quit while you're ahead bingo my love
you're going to end up making yourself look really stupid otherwise

surely there is no other reason to pretend he has a wife.... they must feel it will impact on sales if the core audience find out (or think) he is gay.

should it matter that he is (or isn't) gay, no it shouldn't... but they must think it does.

surely there is no other reason to pretend he has a wife.... they must feel it will impact on sales if the core audience find out (or think) he is gay.

should it matter that he is (or isn't) gay, no it shouldn't... but they must think it does.

Let's face it, he seems to tell a lot of stories dosen't he? I'd love to know what happened with the charity auction.

At least he's gone for a few weeks now, Adam is on tonight.

Latest posts

Back