Laura Geller TSV - 09/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The threads about sizes must have gone over my head, what came first the discussions about the blushes being too big or them just shrinking and then the discussions starting?

Having read a few more comments about the colours I thought I had better try them out on my face rather than just the back of the hand. I will say I am pleasantly suprised. Yes the spackle is glittery( I think more than the champagne) but when I put my MAC on and then the B&B it looks good. The blusher comes out browner than I thought it would, the lippy is a funny texture, I expected it to be a gloss but it really is what laura said it was...a melted lipstick and when used with everything else it really does seem the right colour. I even did my eyes( ****** hell, must be a blue moon) they are very glittery and I found the purple to be more of a navy/ dark grey but I dug out an old mascara and my eyes look nice, just got to pluck up the courage to go out with them done up.
These colours for me because of the blush and lippy are far more brown toned than I would usually wear and I think great for nights out so I might stick to pink grapefruit for the day.

I suppose the acid test is when hubby gets home about 7.30, I will have to see if he notices that I am in full war paint( not sure he will, he didn't when I went and had a makeover at a benefit counter) I don't think he has ever seen me in full eye make up. He might run out the house screaming!

Sharonk from memory it was every time LG TSV's were discussed there were always comments that the blushers were too big.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm pleased with the colours and I only ordered for the brushes and spackle. I have stock of the B&B so it will get used eventually! I liked the blusher as well because it's understated and quite natural looking on me.

I agree with other posts that the B&B is not that inter-changeable. I used the medium and it looked caked on! Was out for lunch, looked in the mirror and I looked like a clown and had to wipe a lot of it off with a tissue. The fair is far better for me and have the porcelaine as well but the pink in it seems to jump out on my face and look very powdery so I only use a bit of that with the fair so probably won't order it again.

On the whole very pleased I ordered as I was in two minds on the day. The brush is brilliant, lovelly and soft.

I'm happy with mine so it is definitely a keeper.
I wish the lip colour was more pink than neutral as I feel that would go better with the shadows but I purchased the whipped OTO so the lip colour from there may look better.
Not tried the blush or shadows on my face yet but I have swatched them and I like them.
Probably won't keep the Spackle as I have tried the champagne one before and was not impressed.

Hello Weathergirl, I know what you mean when you say that B&B looks powdery on the skin, and sometimes even on good skin.
I found by accident how to make it looking creamy and somewhat glowing.
After I put on the B&B and the blusher/highlighter I spray my face with water from a spray bottle (LE tonic or any spray bottle will do) and then I wait for the face to dry. I put the mascara on after my face dried. I think that it's possible to also put the eye shadow on as well and then spray all face, but then will need to wait a few moments with the eye lids shut until it dries. I find that spraying with water enhances the look of the make up and looking more natural.
Just to add to this I find that it works better without the spackle.
With the spackle my face looks shiny after spraying and even more so towards lunch time.

Mine just arrived today. On the whole happy. Didn't see and on air demo so it probably would have alerted me to the fact that the lippy was smaller than normal. Im not normally a blusher wearer so it wont really matter but mine seems to be on the pink side. There is very little of the darker ripple running through it - in fact practically none! Brush is great, B&B as i would expect and quite like the spackle.

The brush is so beautiful! Pleased I got this, think the eye colours will work well for me too.

I opened mine today - loved it all, but have not used on my face yet.
I liked the spacke for the first time ever and might use it on its own - it has beautiful pink hue.
Everything in the set is gorgeous. The brush is heavenly soft.
Wish I had bought two now - bummer.

Used mine today & I love, love, love it! Everything!
For once all the colours are perfect. I returned the mocha one(too brown) & the vine one ( too plummy) but this is great.

I am returning my TSV sadly despite quite liking it. Although I liked the liquid lipstick I used it once, along with the eyeshadows. I like the taupe shade but wish Laura would stop putting pinks and purples in the TSV. The coffee TSV was too dark brown. I love neutrals, taupes, greys, creams and beiges. They would have suited me better. I put the liquid lippy and the eyeshadows in my make up bag and then promptly forgot about it. I like the spackle but it really is not a patch on Mally's primer.The blush seemed lovely but is so pale it is undetectable save for a bit of shimmer. Again I will stick to my Mally "lighter" blush. I already have a brush thats the same but not tapered. I have been wearing the balance and brighten since it arrived and it is ok, but I can tell I am wearing foundation when I wear it (meaning I can see it) and I prefer a more lightweight, dewy look.

It really is a lovely set and I guess it is simply a matter of preference. I always enjoy Laura Geller shows and have always been tempted by her products but I now have to stop being sucked in and stick to what I know I like best. Mally has yet another TSV on 6th April so I can maybe get that one instead.

I'm also in two minds to send it back but for a different reason - I have too much of her make up. I shall see.

After a lot of thought i am sending the TSV back. I love the blush and eyeshadows (use the plum shade as eyeliner) but the spackle does nothing for me just looks shiny. I have got a large retractable brush already and hate the lipgloss.
I picked up the blush and eyeshadow from the bay for a good price so back it goes, not worth the price for the two items i like but as others said it is a fab kit if you like/need everything.

Just to say that after all this time on wait list, my TSV turned up today, and it was definitely a brand new, untouched set. I was very worried that it would be a used return, given so many other comments on this forum re used returns being sent, but it is definitely brand new. Phew.

That's good. Hope you enjoy it after the wait. I think it was one of her best.

Latest posts

Back