New Delivery Times - 5 to 10 Days or 5 to 10 Working Days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
It's noticeable today that Andrea consistently says that delivery is 5 to 10 WORKING days yet most of the other presenters seem to just say 5 to 10 days. The website suggests it is indeed working days as it says you should allow up to 14 days.

So is it working days or is it the likes of Gollum and Neil Russell being disingenuous? Surely not :mysmilie_59:

5-10 days sounds bad enough without saying 'working' days, they'd have even more stock left over than they're already having

Who would you expect to be the most candid and not disingenuous, Andrea or Mike Mason?

It's a hard choice :mysmilie_59:

Have you ever had to wait that long? I haven't to be fair to Bid.

But they have changed their delivery policy FP. Apparently they are no longer using Hermes.

It's unclear if it's just because they are using a cheaper courier or whether everything is now direct dispatch but 3-5 working days is a thing of the past :mysmilie_51:

Its a ****** long time to wait.... I've never paid Amazon a delivery fee but its on the door step within 5 days... And they dispatch on saturday & Sunday as well!!

Its a ****** long time to wait.... I've never paid Amazon a delivery fee but its on the door step within 5 days... And they dispatch on saturday & Sunday as well!!

When by far the most common criticism of them is their delivery charges it seems a bit of a piss take doubling the amount of time a customer might have to wait to receive their order.

It wouldn't seem the wisest thing to do when you're struggling anyway, maybe they think it will be a money spinner? Personally I doubt it, a lot of people might not be aware of the change yet but it's only a matter of time before it's common knowledge.

And I doubt Lee from Ventnor will be very happy with this!

Sometimes I wonder if Lee from Ventnor could really be a Bid TV director!:mysmilie_13:

Sally dosen't bother saying 'working' days. Mind you, she's been on for over an hour and a half and it's the first time I've even heard her mention delivery.

What a shock.

this is all very strange
a drop in presenter performances, ridiculously increased delivery times, lack of product choice and hugely decreased sales numbers
it all seems to have come at once, in my simple, non business brain, surely this isn't sustainable?

this is all very strange
a drop in presenter performances, ridiculously increased delivery times, lack of product choice and hugely decreased sales numbers
it all seems to have come at once, in my simple, non business brain, surely this isn't sustainable?

Well they have the £10 credits come into play next week so maybe there'll be an improvement then!

Sally is having more joy with the clothes though but they aren't really big quantities.

this is all very strange

The increased delivery times is simply a result of cost cutting-they are getting a cheaper and slower service.
Same with lack of product choice-if they keep recycling the same products they can purchase in larger quantities and therefore cheaper.
The strategy to rescue the business seems to be to drive costs down and try and get back into profit that way.
They also need to arrest the decline in turnover but it's not so clear how they plan to achieve this although the presenters and producers seem to be more hard sell than ever.

The increased delivery times is simply a result of cost cutting-they are getting a cheaper and slower service.
Same with lack of product choice-if they keep recycling the same products they can purchase in larger quantities and therefore cheaper.
The strategy to rescue the business seems to be to drive costs down and try and get back into profit that way.
They also need to arrest the decline in turnover but it's not so clear how they plan to achieve this although the presenters and producers seem to be more hard sell than ever.

thank you aqua, you've made that sound fairly simple so I can understand it
I kinda get it but I still don't see how this is sustainable
maybe they have further cunning business plans up their sleeves?

thank you aqua, you've made that sound fairly simple so I can understand it
I kinda get it but I still don't see how this is sustainable
maybe they have further cunning business plans up their sleeves?

Angela Noghani will probably be back soon, I can't wait :mysmilie_51:

this is all very strange

In my opinion they have moved to change the business model too soon. Bid tv for years has been 'stack em high high and sell em quick n' cheap' with the postage charge subsidising the shortfalls in margin. but they now seem to want to adapt more of an IW model where they do coincise presentations on each product to increase the perception of value do they can sell it at a higher price with better margin. A great idea but you need the product to do it. It's clear much of what is on offer was purchased for the 'old business model' which is why they are struggling to sell the products for a higher price. My guess is they will be installing a new buying strategy and new direction for products which works with this new presentation style. Unfortunately this seems to be the transition period where they are implementing a new culture. Teaching everyone to sell differently, changing infrastructure and resestablishing the brand.

For me they should reduce the postage charges in this period. It's a poor commercial decision to try and make margin from products and still try and profit from the postage and call charges. I'm sure they will address this soon but it should have been done already. Unfortunately I fear the fun, whacky, watchable bid tv is about to die forever and be replaced by something bland and dull like IW and QVC

In my opinion they have moved to change the business model too soon. Bid tv for years has been 'stack em high high and sell em quick n' cheap' with the postage charge subsidising the shortfalls in margin. but they now seem to want to adapt more of an IW model where they do coincise presentations on each product to increase the perception of value do they can sell it at a higher price with better margin. A great idea but you need the product to do it. It's clear much of what is on offer was purchased for the 'old business model' which is why they are struggling to sell the products for a higher price. My guess is they will be installing a new buying strategy and new direction for products which works with this new presentation style. Unfortunately this seems to be the transition period where they are implementing a new culture. Teaching everyone to sell differently, changing infrastructure and resestablishing the brand.

For me they should reduce the postage charges in this period. It's a poor commercial decision to try and make margin from products and still try and profit from the postage and call charges. I'm sure they will address this soon but it should have been done already. Unfortunately I fear the fun, whacky, watchable bid tv is about to die forever and be replaced by something bland and dull like IW and QVC

that's interesting bingo
I think it was yesterday that I commented that it seems like IW with selling the same products over and over
I'm glad I'm not the only one
maybe I'm a bit more observant than I thought I was!

Latest posts

Back