New Delivery Times - 5 to 10 Days or 5 to 10 Working Days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Again I didn't hear Gollum say 'working' days one single time last night.

But I guess it's no real surprise that Mason would try and hoodwink viewers.

but they now seem to want to adapt more of an IW model where they do coincise presentations on each product to increase the perception of value do they can sell it at a higher price with better margin. A great idea but you need the product to do it. It's clear much of what is on offer was purchased for the 'old business model' which is why they are struggling to sell the products for a higher price. My guess is they will be installing a new buying strategy and new direction for products which works with this new presentation style. Unfortunately this seems to be the transition period where they are implementing a new culture.

They probably only have a couple of (chinese) suppliers and some 'defect' suppliers and that's it. Others won't trust them so won't get [many] big brands in.

Much like Andrea the lovely Debbie is again being very clear that delivery is in 5 to 10 Working Days however, the dreadful Simon Gaspin' Davies was very clear that delivery is in just 5 to 10 days earlier today so he seems to be in the Gollum/Neil/Jacks club.

So who do you believe? I know who my money is on :mysmilie_59:

Steve is in the 5-10 day club, what a shock!

Why do you always have to assume the worst in people? You don't know why there are two different statements. For all you know it could be a mistake? The new owners not being clear? A poorly communicated rule change? You don't know. Yet you are happy to tarnish people's character with your sweeping and angry assumptions. Not everything is a conspiracy you know. Not everything is a premeditated plan by the presenter to deceive the public. It's such a shame you see the world that way :-(

Steve is in the 5-10 day club, what a shock!

Why do you always have to assume the worst in people? You don't know why there are two different statements. For all you know it could be a mistake? The new owners not being clear? A poorly communicated rule change? You don't know. Yet you are happy to tarnish people's character with your sweeping and angry assumptions. Not everything is a conspiracy you know. Not everything is a premeditated plan by the presenter to deceive the public. It's such a shame you see the world that way :-(

to be fair bingo (and yes, I know I do my fair share of presenter bashing!) I think a message like that is too important to be poorly communicated
some of the other changes have been company wide and everyone complies
I don't think this is about assumptions or sweeping generalisations, this is about the public being misled..........let's be honest here, the company have had enough warnings etc. to make sure they don't do anything further to get themselves into trouble
so.........think about your first sentence here........'why do you always have to assume the worst in people?'.........that comes across as fairly aggressive assumption and a sweeping generalisation to me
we don't 'always assume the worst in people', we really do give credit where it's due
I know I've said this before (you probably think I'm a broken record bingo!!) but all we want is honesty and transparency :mysmilie_3:

Just to add I have now asked Customer Services about this matter and the operator I spoke to confirmed the 5 to 10 working day policy, in fact they said we should expect to wait up to 14 days for delivery.

That ties in with the notice on their website which was updated 9 days ago.

to be fair bingo (and yes, I know I do my fair share of presenter bashing!) I think a message like that is too important to be poorly communicated
some of the other changes have been company wide and everyone complies
I don't think this is about assumptions or sweeping generalisations, this is about the public being misled..........let's be honest here, the company have had enough warnings etc. to make sure they don't do anything further to get themselves into trouble
so.........think about your first sentence here........'why do you always have to assume the worst in people?'.........that comes across as fairly aggressive assumption and a sweeping generalisation to me
we don't 'always assume the worst in people', we really do give credit where it's due
I know I've said this before (you probably think I'm a broken record bingo!!) but all we want is honesty and transparency :mysmilie_3:

I agree with a lot of this. But my point is that everyone automatically blames the presenter and assumes their reason is purely to mislead. But I don't think that's the case. Some of the presenters say one thing the others say something else. It smacks of poor communication to me not a blatant and concious attempt to cheat the public as some would have everyone think. I agree it's inportant and should be correct. But if there is a conflict in the message then the blame is with the management team for not making things clear! I think the presenters have shouldered all sorts of blame for those around them.people act as if they buy the product, write the scripts, make the rules .. There are people above them who have a huge influence on what the presenters say and do. Unfortunately I guess they are faceless so avoid the hangmans noose

I agree with a lot of this. But my point is that everyone automatically blames the presenter and assumes their reason is purely to mislead. But I don't think that's the case. Some of the presenters say one thing the others say something else. It smacks of poor communication to me not a blatant and concious attempt to cheat the public as some would have everyone think. I agree it's inportant and should be correct. But if there is a conflict in the message then the blame is with the management team for not making things clear! I think the presenters have shouldered all sorts of blame for those around them.people act as if they buy the product, write the scripts, make the rules .. There are people above them who have a huge influence on what the presenters say and do. Unfortunately I guess they are faceless so avoid the hangmans noose

yep, I think you're absolutely right bingo
it's the presenters that get bashed because they're the ones in front of the camera and the ones we hear and see
some presenters are pretty dodgy in their practices though but your point is very valid, there are 'faceless' people who produce and direct them
my only argument with that would be that these faceless people surely have the opportunity to correct the presenters if they give out misinformation?
I know nothing about the tv world or business so my point is a very tentative one here!
a very well reasoned argument there bingo

Mike is still saying 5-10 days, that's when he mentions days at all which isn't very often! It's all very confusing.

But I assume it can't be that certain products have different delivery times, he's selling items that Debbie has also sold (Hot Water Bottles and the Perfect Polish).

on the subject of presenter criticism's

I recall fairly recently when there were fears that debbie greenwood was showing traits of ''bid presenting'' as opposed to her usual style, clearly these were just isolated incidents as generally she is commended on being compliant, concise and clear. The same can be said of Andrea binks/mclean (her husband was genuinely great when he presented nickelodeon in the late 90's)

I think the reason certain names always crop up is because certain names continuously do the things that the above two ladies (and a couple others) do not tend to do.

I like to think we are all astute enough to know that the buck really lies with the faceless management but the reality is that certain presenters love to verbalise the fact that they are open and honest as opposed to actually being open and honest. This is why they have always and will continue to receive the verbal ''bashing'' that they do.

I recall fairly recently when there were fears that debbie greenwood was showing traits of ''bid presenting'' as opposed to her usual style, clearly these were just isolated incidents as generally she is commended on being compliant, concise and clear. The same can be said of Andrea binks/mclean (her husband was genuinely great when he presented nickelodeon in the late 90's)

I think the reason certain names always crop up is because certain names continuously do the things that the above two ladies (and a couple others) do not tend to do.

I like to think we are all astute enough to know that the buck really lies with the faceless management but the reality is that certain presenters love to verbalise the fact that they are open and honest as opposed to actually being open and honest. This is why they have always and will continue to receive the verbal ''bashing'' that they do.

I agree, it might be a coincidence but the presenters who are not saying 'working' days are the ones who tend to, how can I say it, often take a lateral approach :mysmilie_19:

Justin is on now, he says 'working' days but has he ever been regularly accused of outright bullshitting? Not that I'm aware of. The presenters who aren't saying 'working' days are regularly accused of BS, and much more.

So:-

Working Days - Debbie, Justin, Andrea, Caroline
Just Days - Peter Simon, Portelli-Foreman, Mason, Steve, Sally, Ben, Simon Davies, Russell

Coincidence? You decide :mysmilie_59:

I know exactly what you mean mr tom, there are certain presenters who continually say 'I tell it like it is' (in fact, the other evening Lisa Brash said 'I'm honest, I'm the most honest presenter on these channels') what a crock of sh1t
why would honesty have to be highlighted if one is being honest?
it's BS!!

I know exactly what you mean mr tom, there are certain presenters who continually say 'I tell it like it is' (in fact, the other evening Lisa Brash said 'I'm honest, I'm the most honest presenter on these channels') what a crock of sh1t
why would honesty have to be highlighted if one is being honest?
it's BS!!

Spot on, you don't need to tell people you're going to be honest if you're consistently honest anyway. They'll know!

Just look at the presenters who constantly profess their honesty, it's always THE worst bullshitters.

Spot on, you don't need to tell people you're going to be honest if you're consistently honest anyway. They'll know!

Just look at the presenters who constantly profess their honesty, it's always THE worst bullshitters.

my point exactly Wirral
I find it's the ones who say they are honest are the biggest bullsh1tters
someone like Lisa Brash is a good example, she constantly states how outspoken and honest she is
really Lisa? you're full of it my lovely and just because you say it doesn't make it true
it's almost like an ego thing - I'm so up myself, look at me, I tell it like it is!
she's not outspoken and honest at all, she's a corporate puppet just like all the others

my point exactly Wirral
I find it's the ones who say they are honest are the biggest bullsh1tters
someone like Lisa Brash is a good example, she constantly states how outspoken and honest she is
really Lisa? you're full of it my lovely and just because you say it doesn't make it true
it's almost like an ego thing - I'm so up myself, look at me, I tell it like it is!
she's not outspoken and honest at all, she's a corporate puppet just like all the others

In my opinion she's a bit like The Dirty Peter in that she tries to cultivate a certain image for herself, all I see is one of the most overtly aggressive sales people they have.

She has to be if she can sit there and profess how fabulous the serums are when she obviously has regular Botox treatment on her face, she looks hard faced in more ways than one!

But I still prefer her over Gollum and Neil anyday :mysmilie_59:

The annoying but ever compliant Mark Ryes is in the 'working days' club.

Is there a pattern forming here?

Latest posts

Back