Bare Esenctuals TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am so torn on this...if it had not had any foundation in it i would have gone for it, but now i am really undecided...have to go out at 11 in a bid to get back into going to the gym (very tempted to stay and watch the demo!)

If you want close ups of the colours livelovelaugh I can post some - if you are warm toned and love chocolate/ taupe eyes then it is very nice.

The gold radiance is beautiful mixed with mineral veil and applied to the face (bit too strong on its own for me) and lovely dusted onto shoulders.

I am still undecided, original thoughts were it was a bit pricey and I dont really need foundation at the moment
(BE foundations last for ages).
Will watch again at 11 but I think I am going to be able to resist even with EP :eek:

Foundations are too dark for me, thankfully, as I really don't need any more make-up.

Very happy with Laura Geller's B&B at the moment.

I was tempted to try this kit for the foundations, as last time I got medium beige/medium and it wasn't quite right, would've like to try light, but I don't like the lippy or the gold stuff and I have eyeshadow, similar, in a no 17. so I think I will resist.

Typical I love BE but this TSV is not doing it for me, I am medium beige so the medium would not be needed.

I really wanted it to be a TSV I could buy myself and friends for Christmas...and it is on easypay!

I thought Amica looked terrible, she looked so much nicer in the 'before' picture.

Ladies,

I have never tried BE but heard good things about it.I recently bought the Smashbox TSV which I like so I am wondering......will going for this TSV make my halo redundant?

I don't like wearing foundation so find the halo a nice light coverage and it seems that the BE foundation would give a similar effect.

Is it worth my while going for this and if so what colour would be best?I am thinking the medium/medium beige......I have the halo in light but think the light BE may be too light for me.

Thanks xxx

Not keen on these colours. Just happened to have the 2pm show on and they all look like Casualty extras - heading to the morgue! Ann also said that she could put this product on in the dark. Sorry to say it looks like she did just that :D Looks better in the "before" picture IMO!

not keen on these colours. Just happened to have the 2pm show on and they all look like casualty extras - heading to the morgue! ann also said that she could put this product on in the dark. Sorry to say it looks like she did just that :d looks better in the "before" picture imo!

lol :18::18::18::18:

The 'glow' looks soooo shiney. They look like their faces are a oil slick. It is nice to have a bit of a shine so make up is not too flat and powdery but this looks horrible.

Ladies,

I have never tried BE but heard good things about it.I recently bought the Smashbox TSV which I like so I am wondering......will going for this TSV make my halo redundant?

I don't like wearing foundation so find the halo a nice light coverage and it seems that the BE foundation would give a similar effect.

Is it worth my while going for this and if so what colour would be best?I am thinking the medium/medium beige......I have the halo in light but think the light BE may be too light for me.

Thanks xxx

I also bought the Smashbox TSV and have been trying out the Halo which I find gives a slightly heavier coverage than the BE and a stickier feel as it is applied so I prefer BE. I could see where I had applied Halo (yes, I was probably a bit heavy handed at first) but I'm now using them side by side, applying Halo over cheeks (not close to eyes) where I get a little redness to even out complexion, then use my BE over it and elsewhere.

I also like LG's Balance & Brighten and have actually used a combination of Halo, BE foundation, LG B&B and BE Mineral Veil on top, all without looking cakey! The secret is to go for light coverage of each product and layer up gradually.

Slightly off thread but here goes.....

Had a major disaster last week, forgot my makeup when i went away for an exam! Ended up going to Tesco and buying Maybelline Mineral Foundation and the shades are very good. Highly recommended at £10 for huge pot, doesn't cake or sit in your pores either!!

I also bought the Smashbox TSV and have been trying out the Halo which I find gives a slightly heavier coverage than the BE and a stickier feel as it is applied so I prefer BE. I could see where I had applied Halo (yes, I was probably a bit heavy handed at first) but I'm now using them side by side, applying Halo over cheeks (not close to eyes) where I get a little redness to even out complexion, then use my BE over it and elsewhere.

I also like LG's Balance & Brighten and have actually used a combination of Halo, BE foundation, LG B&B and BE Mineral Veil on top, all without looking cakey! The secret is to go for light coverage of each product and layer up gradually.
Thanks Sarah.....I appreciate your input :1:

well, after ummming and ahhing, i think i have decided not to go for it...still a little tempted, but i have such huge stack of foundation i cannot really justify it. i hope they bring out a tsv with just make-up colours and not too many brushes and no foundation for the next BE tsv! however, i doubt it - from what the presenters are saying it sound like they are having no trouble selling the kit so doubt they'll change much for next time round...would be great to see an auto-delivery of colours with different colours though at a great price!

If you want close ups of the colours livelovelaugh I can post some - if you are warm toned and love chocolate/ taupe eyes then it is very nice.

The gold radiance is beautiful mixed with mineral veil and applied to the face (bit too strong on its own for me) and lovely dusted onto shoulders.

thanks for the offer - that is so kind!!! i think i have made up my mind against it though this time! but HUGE thanks for the offer!!!! :60:

I love the TSV...I'm quite new to BE so am happy to build on my collection and try out different items. I'll call it an early christmas pressie to myself

I might have bought this, especially with the easypay...if it had been without the foundation.

I adore the eyecolours etc, but I just can't use the foundation. I did use it for a while, and got on pretty well with it, but after a while it make my face itch and feel almost prickly. I also started to find no matter how lightly I applied it, it was starting to make me look a bit dry and chalky. I've used the Philosophy Supernatural mineral one though and that's a little better for me.

I do think BE makeup is rather overpriced though.

I missed out on the Smashbox TSV (was on holiday) so was looking forward to the BE one. I did purchase it because my current foundation is almost finished, and I thought I had more, but I haven't!!!!:17::17:

Anyway, this will be a nice change with the gold dusting powder - especially as it's coming up to party season.:60:

Looks like we've all had mixed feelings on this TSV. I wasn't going to go for it especially after I saw Amica in the TSV demo - she did, unfortunately, look like the living dead. I think they used too light a colour on her as although she's normally fairly light she's recently been very tanned so her face looked too pale.

However, in the end I did go for it as the value is very good and I adore the gossamers. I like Jayne's tip to mix it with mineral veil for the face. Thanks Jayne as always! I also liked the eyeshadows and will lighten the lippy with some gloss. I really wanted the brushes as well so glad I went for it in the end. Wasn't surprised that it didn't totally sell out though.

Twinklette x

Latest posts

Back