"Forget about the price at the moment.."

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellaaa

Registered Shopper
No Jill, I really won't forget that the eye cream you are selling costs £70!
What planet does she live on? Even for people who are well off, £70 is a considered purchase for 15ml of cream.

Gah.

I saw that, she also said to the guy "you are not worthy" I've read on here that she often says this to guests, but have now heard it too.
Have had to switch off, can't listen to her any more.

You are not worthy? - what's that supposed to mean then?

I had to turn her off on any show she presented yesterday that I would have watched. She takes over constantly and can't keep her enormous mouth closed for more than a few seconds. She thinks she knows more than the professional guests and also thinks that we want to know what she has in her many bathrooms or what she uses elsewhere etc. We dont, so just can it, please. I was interested in an A'kin set and she took so long blabbing about her spots and sensitive skin that it sold out before they actually got to demonstrate.

And OT but why do they stop talking about a product because it sold out? Surely most of the people who did buy would like to know how to use it properly, especially if it's a new to air item.

And OT but why do they stop talking about a product because it sold out? Surely most of the people who did buy would like to know how to use it properly, especially if it's a new to air item.
In this case, Moth, it is a very rare incident of QVC not being ****** minded, but the UK regulations on tv shopping. They are not allowed to carry on presenting an item that has sold out and that they don't have secured stock available for delivery within 28 days.

I saw the 'you are not worthy' moment too.

Hilarious. The guest looked totally flummoxed at the ridiculous comment and bowing. I've seen her do it to someone else, and they seemed equally taken aback. Mascara, I think, that time.

Anyway, shouldn't she be saying 'I am not worthy'?
Or have I missed some odd pop culture reference that I am to old and senile (like most of us Qcurmudgeons) to understand?

Yes I agree with you, Docswife. The guest looked completely bewildered when she said it, obviously wondering why this marvellous woman did not consider him worthy, lol. Forget about the price, I ask you!!!!

PS I absolutely hate it when used to a pop star or similar with all that bowing nonsense, grrr.

She is not worthy of being in that job! Wish they'd get rid of her, Alison Young, Ann Dawson and Miceal Murphy.

Ms Franks did once say to Lulu Guinness "you are not worthy" LOL. Lulu looked as if she was going to slap her but then just gave that disapproving look. JF is so stupid sometimes but she thinks she's so good.

CC

'Thinks' being the operative word.

Almost every evening she is on, it's all too much, give us a break Qvc.
I do switch off after a few minutes if it's her, but I might not want to switch off, Qvc is fast becoming an endurance test.....how long can we last for? :sweat:

In this case, Moth, it is a very rare incident of QVC not being ****** minded, but the UK regulations on tv shopping. They are not allowed to carry on presenting an item that has sold out and that they don't have secured stock available for delivery within 28 days.

I see! Thanks, I didn't know that. Even more reason for presenters to shut up about themselves and tell us about products before they sell out :)

No Jill, I really won't forget that the eye cream you are selling costs £70!
What planet does she live on? Even for people who are well off, £70 is a considered purchase for 15ml of cream.

Gah.

Jill isn't the only culprit when it comes to this kind of thing. I saw Jilly present that L'Occitane almond oil TSV and she said that if you hadn't tried it before you shouldn't even think about it but just buy it! Well I wouldn't spend about £50 on bath products without even thinking about it. A lot of people don't have that much money to spare and even if you can afford it you might be sacrificing other "treats" so would certainly want to think about it.

I can hear the conversation now .....
" Hello Mrs Brown this is J from credit control, I`m afraid your second card payment has been returned unpaid. You do realise this is serious don`t you ?"
to which Mrs Brown replies....
" Oh hello J, well Jill Franks said don`t think about the cost, so I didn`t. She said just to buy it so I did. She never mentioned that I had to be able to afford it and I couldn`t afford it but Jill said it would be ok !"

She's at it again! On the Yankee Candle hour about the Auto Delivery large jars, "Sometimes you get a collection and there's something you don't like, but with these there is nothing you won't like"

Wanna bet?!

Last edited:
Ms Franks did once say to Lulu Guinness "you are not worthy" LOL. Lulu looked as if she was going to slap her but then just gave that disapproving look. JF is so stupid sometimes but she thinks she's so good.

CC

Didn't see it but, personally, would have thought she would have agreed with Jill. Any look of derision from Lulu Guiness, OBE, "you've also got me", would have been indicative of the intense vitriol she feels at having to associate with the hoi polloi. Kind of 'flattery, although well deserved, does not impress me in the least.'

'You are not worthy' is akin to saying 'you are of no worth', or 'you do not deserve'

UNLESS someone inadvertently makes a crass remark and then is told 'you are not worthy' (of that statement), meaning you are above saying such things.

I like Jill, I find her fun to watch, the fact that almost everyone else hates her just makes me like her even more.

Latest posts

Back