Sara Griffiths on Mally Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

73MelanieD

Registered Shopper
Wow, did you know that if you buy the Mally 12 Piece Celebrate Your Beauty collection, you can make £19 today, according to Sara Griffiths.

Are they going to credit it to your credit or debit card then? No don't be silly, it's virtual money, because the QVC price is £69.00, but today you pay £50.76. So you are making £19!!

What a misleading load of codswallop!

She keeps repeating it too! P

I think the same way when they claim the first easy pay is such a good deal. No it isn't- the full price is what we pay if we keep it. It's the full price plus postage that makes something a good deal or not. Easy pays are just a bonus if something is a good (full) price to start with.

Debbie Flint is another one that tries to baffle you. Her speciality is when something has free p&p. So if something is £20 with £3.95 p&p normally, when it's free p&p she says the item is really only costing you £16! Er, no, it's still costing you £20!!

Bonkers!

These unscrupulous and baffling sales techniques really should be stopped.

I should imagine there are many people with half a brain who are getting duped out of their hard-earned wonga by such meaningless twaddle.

Sarah is a well educated lady she should know better. Where is her head at?

She is like a robot - gets a sound bite and never gives up, on and on and on talking over everyone cos SHE knows best. Sooner she leaves again the better, as she has no redeeming traits.

The easy pay statements really annoy me. Some will at least say that 12.99 will be all you will have to lay out to get it home to see it and if you decide to keep then the following months will pay the rest. Then there are ones who say that today all this will cost you is £12.99 as if it has been reduced today to this price. Now people who are savy will know the difference but I often wonder about people who are perhaps naive enough to take it at face value.

Also as said before when they charge P&p it is immaterial (unless you are chuntley and make draft excuses) but as soon as it is free P&p then we have made a tremendous savings and in flintys case a double savings.

Barely one move away from fraudsters the lot of them.

I wonder how many of us would walk into Boots and spend £50 plus on make-up in one go? I would not but you get sucked in when it is on EZ pay.

I wonder how many of us would walk into Boots and spend £50 plus on make-up in one go? I would not but you get sucked in when it is on EZ pay.

Very easily done if you buy high-end brands like Tom Ford when one lippy will set you back well over £30. or if you want to get a Clinique Bonus-time or other Gift with purchase on brands like Estee Lauder and Lancome.

I have tried most of the high-end brands over the years. I genuinely do prefer Mally to all of them. I also prefer Avon to many of them! So to me, a Mally TSV can be a good value set as I know I will use all of it-to the last scrap. Easy pays on a Mally TSV are brilliant for me!

Off topic but I found the texture, durability and smell of Doll 10 lipsticks very comparable with Tom Ford! (packaging not so good though but who really cares about that?)

I have no problem with whatever sales ploy the presenters use; not once have I been persuaded to buy a product by a presenter. I make up my own mind, and don't need anyone's help doing it. I have two eyes and two ears, so can read what the price is, and I can decide whether or not I believe what the guest is claiming. Easy pay is also never a factor; if I wouldn't buy an item in one payment, I won't go for it just because it's spread out over a few months; advanced orders is another thing which brings out the salesperson in them : 'we won't take payment till it's ready to ship, after your next pay day.'

I have ordered high end stuff in the past and tried most brands but that was when i was in a better paid job. I watch my money more these days but also think the TSV'S have shot up in price and are only good value if you use all items.

What a silly statement! One could argue that you could "make" £50.76 by not buying it in the first place!

What a silly statement! One could argue that you could "make" £50.76 by not buying it in the first place!

I have "made" a fortune today because I haven't and won't be purchasing anything today. Does this mean I should spend twice as much tomorrow?

If you look on it like that, in the last couple of months, from what I've bought (two items) and what I used to buy, I've made hundreds of pounds. Now where did I put it? ...

Latest posts

Back