New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like snow in love its my no.1 fragrance but its not great in a large jar imo maybe the one i have is a dud. its better in tarts or even a votive. the large jars are quite an investment if its not what you love

They have just arrived, and are very cold. But my first cold sniff impression is..
Apricot Rose. Reasonably strong and I can smell apricot. I thought it was just the colour of the rose on the label.
Rainbow Cookie. I was worried about cakey vanilla issues but in fact it smells more tangy lemon than anything.
Sweet Nothings. It is sweet; perfumed floral but no one flower comes to mind. I thought of sweet pea at first but not now and it has some depth.

I shall have to get A calm and Quiet Place elsewhere. Temptation Gifts are out of stock at the moment.

:mysmilie_59:

They have just arrived, and are very cold. But my first cold sniff impression is..
Apricot Rose. Reasonably strong and I can smell apricot. I thought it was just the colour of the rose on the label.
Rainbow Cookie. I was worried about cakey vanilla issues but in fact it smells more tangy lemon than anything.
Sweet Nothings. It is sweet; perfumed floral but no one flower comes to mind. I thought of sweet pea at first but not now and it has some depth.

I shall have to get A calm and Quiet Place elsewhere. Temptation Gifts are out of stock at the moment.

:mysmilie_59:

I smelt these in my local Boots and think I agree with your assessments, Mazza. Look forward to hearing how they smell when they burn and what the throw is like. Obviously this will have to be someone else's comments because you burn yours in purchase order?

Quite surprised that my Boots actually has newer Yankees now, not just the old Vanilla Lime, Black Cherry, Vanilla Cupcake and Black Coconut they only ever seemed to have for years. They didn't have the Calm & Quiet Place either. Anyway, I quite liked them but not enough to buy - none of them wowed me, they're just rather pleasant IMO.

I've just been to Boots again and they do have the Calm & Quiet Place - it's one of the powdery ones which are hit and miss for me. I'm not keen on this at all but I think it's the jasmine, which I tend to dislike in anything.

Also, tried Apricot Rose again and can't smell any rose whatsoever. Could be my cold nose! It's definitely just a soft apricot to me.

I'm so relieved I won't be adding to the ridiculous stash any more - till the next new releases!

Maybe it's a rose thing, that it doesn't mix well with fruits! I can't smell any rose in the MB Rhubarb and Rose either.

And sorry, but Boots!!!!! Boots sell YC!!!!??? Not in my DHS they flaming well don't. (Further outbreak of irritation now.)

Maybe it's a rose thing, that it doesn't mix well with fruits! I can't smell any rose in the MB Rhubarb and Rose either.

And sorry, but Boots!!!!! Boots sell YC!!!!??? Not in my DHS they flaming well don't. (Further outbreak of irritation now.)

they have sold them for years the bigger ones that is

not really

2nd drop contains

coconut splash
tropical jungle
Misty Mountains

3rd drop is

Sun-kissed Thistle
Poached Pear Flambe
Enchanted Moon

Curses, I LOVE the sound of all 3 drops and it took all my willpower to resist the first drop, gaaaaahhhhh

Thanks AndiK, had a bit of a wobble there but I've managed 3 weeks not spending on Q so I am determined to make it through Jan - me strong, hurrrhhhh!

Good girl! I realised yesterday that I have not bought anything new from QVC this year either. Unfortunately, in the past ten days I've had two Auto Deliveries from purchases last year though, so they have been getting my money that way!

the apricot rose is ok more apricot and a good throw for a small candle

I've been quite impressed by the throw from the small jars, I must say. And they do look cute!

I lit the Rainbow Cookie one yesterday as I fancied something light and sweet after a lot of heavier, spiciier winter ones lately. I'm not that keen, unfortunately. It soon becomes sickly to me so I'll have to burn it an hour or two at a time! It reminds me of Summer Scoop which I also liked at first and went right off about a third of the way down a large jar - I've stuck it away somewhere, probably never to be lit again.

a calm and quiet place was promising but nothing for several hours . apricot rose is very strong but not a favourite of mine. i am burning rainbow cookie i like summer scoop so will see

a calm and quiet place was promising but nothing for several hours . apricot rose is very strong but not a favourite of mine. i am burning rainbow cookie i like summer scoop so will see

It's great to have people on here to discuss these important candle views with. Nobody in my everyday life gets it!

Let us know if you find Rainbow Cookie similar to Summer Scoop, boffy. I might be alone in that.

It's great to have people on here to discuss these important candle views with. Nobody in my everyday life gets it!

Let us know if you find Rainbow Cookie similar to Summer Scoop, boffy. I might be alone in that.

yes a dead ringer for summer scoop. on cold sniff its more biscuit notes... burning its summer scoop :mysmilie_59:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back