New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes a dead ringer for summer scoop. on cold sniff its more biscuit notes... burning its summer scoop :mysmilie_59:

Oh, great! It took me a while to get it when it was burning but it was so familiar. I kept thinking ice-cream but knew it wasn't one of the vanilla Yankees it reminded me of. Then the Summer Scoop label pic popped into my mind.

I wish I was good at pairing fragrances so I could enjoy it more.

Well this is a blow if they are just going to sell the new fragrances as individual items at £24 a pop. I hope they do a trio..... I shall have to buy elsewhere otherwise.

Well this is a blow if they are just going to sell the new fragrances as individual items at £24 a pop. I hope they do a trio..... I shall have to buy elsewhere otherwise.

I’ve noticed QVC have started this trick across several ranges - they stock individual items at full price online but it’s really only so they can flag up the value of TSVs and other bundle deals with the line “If you were to buy each of these individually from the QVC website it would cost you £x plus (however many) lots of P&P”

They used to tell us to check directly on the other companies’ websites but this way there’s a chance that we might stumble across another QVC deal while we’re browsing and they’ll make another sale. A sensible business move for them, I suppose.

they aint doing them just on their own cause the trio is in the auto-delivery from the spring ones if you remember but if you want the trio its 708249 but not on web & contains Coconut splash (Amazing) Tropical Jungle (fruity) & Misty Mountains View attachment 15510

Yankee New Item on QVC

Yankee Candle Hard To Find Set of 3 Large Jars £52 + post (Price Should Drop)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.708613

1 x Granny Smith large jar candle (623g) - a true aroma of fresh and green Granny Smith apples
1 x Fruit Fusion large jar candle (623g) - berries, orange and lime make this sunny fruit blend refreshingly tart and sweet
1 x Juicy Grapefruit large jar candle (623g) - fresh-cut tangy grapefruit with a sprinkle of sugar and garden-fresh mint

Yankee New Item on QVC

Yankee Candle Hard To Find Set of 3 Large Jars £52 + post (Price Should Drop)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.708613

1 x Granny Smith large jar candle (623g) - a true aroma of fresh and green Granny Smith apples
1 x Fruit Fusion large jar candle (623g) - berries, orange and lime make this sunny fruit blend refreshingly tart and sweet
1 x Juicy Grapefruit large jar candle (623g) - fresh-cut tangy grapefruit with a sprinkle of sugar and garden-fresh mint

now a ONE TIME ONLY PRICE for more details see this thread http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/show...5-18-One-Time-Only-Prices&p=921448#post921448

I thought they were a very good buy actually! I didn't get them because of my current crackdown. Thank goodness it wasnt a fresh trio otherwise I may have given in! It was nice to see a set like that back on the show though, after a somewhat dull year thus far.

:mysmilie_59:

I thought they were a very good buy actually! I didn't get them because of my current crackdown. Thank goodness it wasnt a fresh trio otherwise I may have given in! It was nice to see a set like that back on the show though, after a somewhat dull year thus far.

i had to have it really & i dont think its been dull infact from what ive seen thats just the start

I cracked and bought these during the 11pm showing after getting whipped up into a frenzy by JF pushing the fact they were very limited - what has happened to me :taphead:

Nice set but I'm being strict too and these were still outside my price limit, I'm afraid. Since I saw the Amazon offers, even though they're not as fantastic as they were, I can't justify £15+ a jar unless it's something really, really special. I used to love fruity scents but I've got too many now, including at least one Granny Smith jar. Definitely three nice candles, all the same. Let us know how you find them and what the strength, etc is like, Tarketta.

£15.30 each for these jars are a bargain no matter what people say as they aint easy to find as i know someone wanted to buy granny smith in a group on facebook & was willing to pay £40 for it so

£15.30 each for these jars are a bargain no matter what people say as they aint easy to find as i know someone wanted to buy granny smith in a group on facebook & was willing to pay £40 for it so

:confused:

If they are still looking, tell them to go on eBay where they are around £20.

Mazza, thank goodness indeed they didn't have a fresh trio as well as like you I can never resist a fresh scent!

i had to have it really & i dont think its been dull infact from what ive seen thats just the start

SCW - glad I wasn't the only one to succumb, but I hope you're right that there is more to come!

Nice set but I'm being strict too and these were still outside my price limit, I'm afraid. Since I saw the Amazon offers, even though they're not as fantastic as they were, I can't justify £15+ a jar unless it's something really, really special. I used to love fruity scents but I've got too many now, including at least one Granny Smith jar. Definitely three nice candles, all the same. Let us know how you find them and what the strength, etc is like, Tarketta.

Thanks AndiK, I have actually been quite restrained with candles and whilst citrusy smells aren't generally my favourite, the recent warm weather has had me hankering for tangy smells. Will report back!

Thanks AndiK, I have actually been quite restrained with candles and whilst citrusy smells aren't generally my favourite, the recent warm weather has had me hankering for tangy smells. Will report back!

I agree they were perfect for the time of year. Think I'll see if I can find a Granny Smith jar to light tonight myself! Also, the label on the Fruit Fusion one made me go and get my fruit salad out of the fridge.

Just had a quick look at the video and nice to see Rosa was in for the presentation.

I agree they were perfect for the time of year. Think I'll see if I can find a Granny Smith jar to light tonight myself! Also, the label on the Fruit Fusion one made me go and get my fruit salad out of the fridge.

Just had a quick look at the video and nice to see Rosa was in for the presentation.

I've smelled Granny Smith before and liked the fact it was more tart than other YC apple smells like Macintosh, plus whilst I haven't smelled Juicy Grapefruit before, I was hopeful when reading reviews that it was less 'grapefruit-y' than Pink Grapefruit which smells too much like a Method cleaner for me - let's hope the reviews don't let me down.

Yes it was nice to see Rosa and I think JF is a lot more relaxed when presenting with her, so I enjoyed the show.

I've smelled Granny Smith before and liked the fact it was more tart than other YC apple smells like Macintosh, plus whilst I haven't smelled Juicy Grapefruit before, I was hopeful when reading reviews that it was less 'grapefruit-y' than Pink Grapefruit which smells too much like a Method cleaner for me - let's hope the reviews don't let me down.

Yes it was nice to see Rosa and I think JF is a lot more relaxed when presenting with her, so I enjoyed the show.

I would have watched but I am trying to get through to the end of the third series of The Bridge before series 4 starts tomorrow! At least it removed any risk of temptation.

Yes, I'm not wild about Pink Grapefruit - good description! The Juicy Grapefruit sounds much nicer.

I was talking to a friend the other day, and we both agreed there is something different these days about the jar candles - in fact neither she nor I purchase them now. I went off the jars about a year ago, because I found the fragrance did not last anything like it used to, so now I still buy Yankee but I buy the tarts and also the plug-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back