New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still a bit wheezy today after working with a YC lit in the same room. Maybe I'm a bit asthmatic too.
Hi, I'm asthmatic and find I'm absolutely fine with most Yankee Candles. But, as with all such things from every brand I've ever tried, I cannot 'do' cinnamon candles, or the very heavy 'night' ones - Midsummer's Night and so on. In my case, it's simply the fragrance that is the issue.

just bought this set what a bargain in the surprise snowfall scent thanks
Darn it, that scent sounds gorgeous 😱😱😱 so tempted as I love a fresh Xmas smell...
I‘m on a candle purchase ban but I have been rather tempted, too. I think I can resist but interested to know your thoughts, boffy. Is it like another fragrance, for example?

just got it ...
Stop it!!! I want this, however, I think it might be in the last drop of a 4 drop yankee tsv I went for ages ago. I've had 3 sets of spring/summer/autumn so I'm guessing the last one will be soon.

Super do you remember this one I bought? Does it have surprise snow? I kind of remember it had carol singing or something.

CC

Stop it!!! I want this, however, I think it might be in the last drop of a 4 drop yankee tsv I went for ages ago. I've had 3 sets of spring/summer/autumn so I'm guessing the last one will be soon.

Super do you remember this one I bought? Does it have surprise snow? I kind of remember it had carol singing or something.

CC
You’re right, CC. you must meant the TSV on 13 Jan:

The last drop is

Holiday Hearth Apples
Singing Carols
Surprise Snowfall

Suprise snowfall imo is quite fruity followed by woody and floral notes. I really like it has a medium throw maybe medium to relatively strong but not super strong. I may buy the gingerbread as this will be more christmassy than suprise snowball which is something I would burn all year round

I had this TSV waiting for the last drop I really enjoy burning votives never used to bother with them but its nice to chop and change and the t lights are amazing in the evenings dotted about in tiny glass holders I got for pennies from Ikea

just bought the Frosty gingerbread and have an Auto delivery of the winter votives coming soon. I do burn a lot but at this rate I will be well stocked for a long time :giggle:

I bought the three Christmas large jars and liked the scents. I have just sat down so am not going to hobble upstairs but IIRC the red one is very similar to Christmas Eve but smokier, the green is a very light pine and other green notes, not a heavy Christmas tree, and the white is more along the lines of Sparkling Snow, it doesn’t have any of the peppermint you sometimes get in their white ones.

i am awaiting the matching tea lights this morning from Temptation Gifts. I also ordered them and the large jar in A Night Under The Stars because I cannot resist a candle with that sort of name. Hope it’s good!

I bought the three Christmas large jars and liked the scents. I have just sat down so am not going to hobble upstairs but IIRC the red one is very similar to Christmas Eve but smokier, the green is a very light pine and other green notes, not a heavy Christmas tree, and the white is more along the lines of Sparkling Snow, it doesn’t have any of the peppermint you sometimes get in their white ones.

i am awaiting the matching tea lights this morning from Temptation Gifts. I also ordered them and the large jar in A Night Under The Stars because I cannot resist a candle with that sort of name. Hope it’s good!
I love your enthusiasm and dedication to getting matching tea lights, etc. It’s almost making me want to buy.

Just watch out for blowing your nose and black yuck comes out or even clearing your throat and the same thing. Happened to me, hence I do not buy Yankee but had a few bought for me.
I'm fine with most candles (even though I've pretty much stopped burning them now as I much prefer just melting some wax tarts), but Yankee's Midnight Jasmine set me off every time I tried it. Coughing for days after and it's all I could taste for ages as well. Never again.

I'm fine with most candles (even though I've pretty much stopped burning them now as I much prefer just melting some wax tarts), but Yankee's Midnight Jasmine set me off every time I tried it. Coughing for days after and it's all I could taste for ages as well. Never again.
Aaaargh! Midnight Jasmine! I’ve never got as far as burning it as even cold it hits the back of my nose and throat ... and just makes me angry!!

Night under the stars potentially is a beautiful scent BUT for love nor money can you smell it when it's burning. it got quite poor reviews on QVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back